Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:25 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is lacking in all the publicity is how to sign up.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
What is lacking in all the publicity is how to sign up.
“The enhanced loyalty collaboration is expected to launch later this year.”

they have written the press release, not the code to make it all happen.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by antonius66
I would have liked something like globs get automatic gold status at least. Didn't the SPG Delta agreement give Silver to top tier hotel members?
Silver-lite benefits, such as being on an upgrade list, priority check in and boarding, free checked bag, but not actual silver status / access to elite phone agents (arguably the best benefit of being silver)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by edcho
I was secretly hoping Hyatt and Delta would hook up after Delta lost their relationship with SPG. Oh well... better than nothing.

I'll wait until the details of the "limited time status challenges" comes out but I don't think i'll be flying American more because of this.
Yeah...I tend to like Delta more than American.

Man if only I was single...this might have made doing my challenge for Explorist until Feb 2020 worthwhile as then I would see what I could get on AA.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Got the email: NOT HAPPY. AA elites benefit at the expense of those of us who earn our WOH status.
There really isn’t that much CK member out there. I honestly doubt if you could even see one on average everyday on every Hyatt properties.

Note, I’m United GS and talks among us is there’re around 10K GS in the world. CK members in AA are even harder to qualify for invitations (spending on premium cabin north of $50K compare to spending on premium cabin north of $40K for GS) and thus even less number.

My personal experience is Marriott offering Platinum to GS before didn’t really change my pattern of staying in Hyatt in Asia at all. Only when places without Hyatt I would treat Marriott as a good backup solution.
i assume most CK member would treat their newly granted Globalist status the same.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
If Globalists end up getting some sort of AA status for literally a flight or two, I'd be very happy. I try to primarily fly Delta, but work travel sometimes dictates flying United or AA and I could easily change a flight or two to achieve this.

If it's a regular status match (one I could have gotten off my Delta status), then ... also very curious if this is "one time only" or "as long as you fly 5 AA flights/year and have globalist status, you can get Gold/Platinum status each year"
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Concierge Key gets free Globalist but Globalists don’t even get crappy AA Gold.

AA Golds and above likely will get Globalist after 20 nights, lasting thru 2020, while Globalists will likely get the usual AA challenge that lasts until the end of 2019.

Awesome.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Comparing CK with Globalist is truly not even close....
conparing CK with Courtesy card is more like in the same league. So you got the idea.
GUWonder and Quinlanty like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Silver-lite benefits, such as being on an upgrade list, priority check in and boarding, free checked bag, but not actual silver status / access to elite phone agents (arguably the best benefit of being silver)
Actually it was quite nice. With no Delta status (nor credit card) I got a free bag and upgraded twice
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:25 pm

extra points are minimal

I was thinking if I should get AA status to benefit, but realized even with $10,000 annual spend that is 10,000 miles. Nothing much really, just sounds like a lot
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Big winners here is obviously AA CKs who don’t have top status with Hyatt. I am hopeful that Hyatt won’t include TSUs with their gifted status.

As a Glob and AA Ex Plat I like that I’ll be able to double dip and should allow me a free night at some nice Hyatt property annually. The miles in my AA account from Hyatt won’t hurt either especially with AA Barclays Card getting rid of their 10,000 miles back a year on award bookings.

Personally, I like the change but I can understand why others aren’t pleased. Hopefully the new CK Globs don’t steal all the Hyatt free nights out there
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by craigthemif
There aren't that many Concierge Key members. And those that already travel a lot will have already chosen Hyatt if they were so inclined... This is quite marginal to the upgrade opportunities for "regular" Globalists.
Of course the NIMBY crowd will always whine about devaluation and someone else getting status they "dont deserve."

Frankly, AA and Hyatt would LOVE to have access to each others uber premier members like CK and CC, cause those are large spend travelers and executives in charge of travel programs.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
There really isn’t that much CK member out there. I honestly doubt if you could even see one on average everyday on every Hyatt properties.

Note, I’m United GS and talks among us is there’re around 10K GS in the world. CK members in AA are even harder to qualify for invitations (spending on premium cabin north of $50K compare to spending on premium cabin north of $40K for GS) and thus even less number.
AA flew almost 30% more passengers than UA last year (203 million enplaned passengers vs 158 million). Even if it's more difficult to qualify for CK, the passenger pool is so much larger that it doesn't make sense to think there are fewer CKs than GSs. One of the bloggers mentioned above thought there were 10K CKs, and that sounds reasonable. The interesting number, though, is how many CKs will be newly-minted Hyatt Globs and thus new potential competitors for upgrades and award space.

My personal experience is Marriott offering Platinum to GS before didn’t really change my pattern of staying in Hyatt in Asia at all. Only when places without Hyatt I would treat Marriott as a good backup solution.
i assume most CK member would treat their newly granted Globalist status the same.
I wouldn't make that assumption. My personal experience is the opposite of yours. When I got Marriott status based on my UA status,I stayed in many more Marriott properties once I had re-qualified with Hyatt. It wasn't a large number of stays, maybe 20 or 30 nights a year, but it won't take many CKs moving that many nights to Hyatt to have a noticeable effect for current Globs.

Last edited by skj; Mar 5, 2019 at 2:36 pm Reason: clean up quotes
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: WN-CP,A-list; Hyatt Globalist; HH Gold; Hertz 5 Star; Delta
At a minimum, it seems that 2 Admirals Club passes should replace the United Club passes that will disappear.
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:41 pm

Well if I remember right, Hyatt said they had about 13k diamonds, so if that is true, this will effectively double the number of globs. Now, as long as they hold true to the milestone rules and don't give the CK globs any dsu etc, that would help a little.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.