Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had the AA promo in the app. Requalified as Globalist earlier this month and should naturally hit AA plat this week. My promotion was 4 months of Plat Pro and keep it for 42k or 67k to get Exec Plat.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
deleted by op
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I had the AA promo in the app. Requalified as Globalist earlier this month and should naturally hit AA plat this week. My promotion was 4 months of Plat Pro and keep it for 42k or 67k to get Exec Plat.
same promotion. I registered yesterday but now regret it as I don’t expect to have any loyalty points earned until January. Realistically, I likely would have never come close to that 42k, so I probably won’t lose anything. But the feeling sucks.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seagull689
same promotion. I registered yesterday but now regret it as I don’t expect to have any loyalty points earned until January. Realistically, I likely would have never come close to that 42k, so I probably won’t lose anything. But the feeling sucks.
You don't need to do any flying to earn 42k loyalty points. You just need to invest in picking up AA LP-qualifying miles for slightly more than they are worth. Hotels, online shopping, etc.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:21 pm

I had the AA promo in the app.
The AA app or the Hyatt app?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You don't need to do any flying to earn 42k loyalty points. You just need to invest in picking up AA LP-qualifying miles for slightly more than they are worth. Hotels, online shopping, etc.
You can always overapy your taxes and get a refund if you can spare the $42k plus the 1.87% fee. I figure the redeemable miles are worth maybe 1.3 cents (I think most bloggers overvalue them) so the net cost would be 42k x (.0187-.013) = $240. But the gross cost is $785.40 and all it would really give me is better lounge access for my two international trips on One World - but if you aren't transiting LHR and you are flying in J, then I don't think it will be worth it.

If there were the HKG Cathay First lounges in play, the net cost might make sense with sufficient visits.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Received same promo after hitting Globalist late last week, but they emailed me instead of finding it in App. I was already a AA plat.

Is it another 67K for Exec Plat? Wondering if I should start matching statuses now with United/SW etc or wait until I get Exec plat.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:10 pm

Plat Pro for 4 months seems worthwhile just for the OW Emerald status! How do we provide proof of OWE status if traveling overseas?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Plat Pro for 4 months seems worthwhile just for the OW Emerald status! How do we provide proof of OWE status if traveling overseas?
Wouldn't that show up on your boarding pass if you have your AA number on the ticket?
ZBigFam and iluvdoco like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
For those of us not traveling OW in December, doesn't it make sense to wait until December 27 (promo expires 28 Dec) to register for the challenge? That way status will last through the end of April (or longer, if we meet the target)

Originally Posted by beachfan
You can always overapy your taxes and get a refund if you can spare the $42k plus the 1.87% fee. I figure the redeemable miles are worth maybe 1.3 cents (I think most bloggers overvalue them) so the net cost would be 42k x (.0187-.013) = $240. But the gross cost is $785.40 and all it would really give me is better lounge access for my two international trips on One World - but if you aren't transiting LHR and you are flying in J, then I don't think it will be worth it.
I think the actual cost is a lot higher for those of us who earn 2 miles/$1 of unbonused spend. Personally I value Amex points > AA miles but even assuming 1 Amex/Cap1/Citi = 1 AA you are basically giving up 42k points, in addition to any fees. So the total cost is $630+785 = $1415 for Plat Pro or $1005+1252= $2257.90 for Exec Plat (67k miles). Seems like a steep price unless you expect to get a lot of free upgrades on AA in 2023. Do you get the 4 SWUs if you qualify for ExPlat? That might be useful for some.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Wouldn't that show up on your boarding pass if you have your AA number on the ticket?
Wasn't sure if it would show up on an award booking?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Wasn't sure if it would show up on an award booking?
If you booked through AA, it should show up. If you booked through another airline, it is possible to swap out your FF number in that airline's program for your AA number, either through manage booking or during check-in.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have always felt AA elites get the better end of the stick here. I matched in 2019, flew AA and didn't get much of anything (if anything).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
For those of us not traveling OW in December, doesn't it make sense to wait until December 27 (promo expires 28 Dec) to register for the challenge? That way status will last through the end of April (or longer, if we meet the target)
That's what I plan on doing (Explorist, no AA status)
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
After matching to AA Status can I match back to Hyatt challange in order to get the low threshold, like 20 Nights for Globalist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.