Brand Explorer Help

Old Mar 1, 19, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Brand Explorer Help

Good day -
Can use some guidance on how to proceed.
Realized I was only one night stay away from completing the Brand Explorer for a free Hyatt night.

Had as previously stayed at the Regency, Place, Centric, and House brands. All had been confirmed under the Brand Explorer section in my profile.

We has a weekend planned for Minneapolis and while searching the Hyatt site realized we can stay at the The Grand Hotel Minneapolis property to complete Brand Explorer too as this was showing as a general Hyatt property, one we havenít completed yet.

The night hasnít credited and I contacted Hyatt. Their response was ďThe Grand Hotel Minneapolis is actually a Centric brand. After reviewing your account, you have already stayed at a Centric brand.Ē

What!?! It is clearly not a Centric. I have asked them to please review as we would have stayed elsewhere had that been the case. And now we are waiting to book an upcoming trip because this hasnít posted yet.

Its been quite frustrating. Am I missing something, and any ideas on how to proceed?
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:15 pm

It is clearly a Hyatt brand not centric. If you click on the links to the different brands at the bottom of the account page on Hyattís website it will take you to a map of all the different locations within a certain brand and the Grand Hotel MN is certainly listed as the regular Hyatt brand. I would try again and give them this info, maybe send them a screenshot of the map for the Hyatt brand showing that hotel, but you are definitely correct.
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Maybe send them a link to their website listing all of the Hyatt-branded properties? https://www.hyatt.com/brands/hyatt

You can also send them a link to the Centric-branded properties. https://www.hyatt.com/brands/hyatt-centric
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Iíve included screenshots already

I know if I fight it long enough that it should be resolved. Just is a pain in the but to have to deal with it.
Old Mar 1, 19, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by bearsball88 View Post

I know if I fight it long enough that it should be resolved. Just is a pain in the but to have to deal with it.
It depends if you will complete the challenge anyway, and if you have a use for the free night right now.

If you have no immediate use for the cert, and you know that in a few months you will stay at a different property that will complete the challenge, I wouldn't waste the time on it.

On the other hand if you have an upcoming trip where you could get good value for the cert I'd probably follow up. I've always found the Hyatt phone agents (both res and WoH) very good. The email response is generally less than stellar. Most of the people replying are not great at reading comprehension, which is basically the whole job. So, I'd call.
Old Mar 1, 19, 11:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bearsball88 View Post

Don't hesitate to escalate above the Hyatt CSRs.
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I would recommend reaching out to the Hyatt Twitter Concierge Team (I believe these are the same individuals that act as Globalist Concierges) at @HyattConcierge - they have always been super responsive and knowledgeable. I would include the property-specific Twitter handle in your message as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: