Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter42
Thanks, peter42: https://munichschwabingertor.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Print Wikipost

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying to Munich this week, any chance I can stay at this property this week to get my double points and WoH night credits towards Glob? Staying at a Marriott so this speaks to WoH issues on overall global footprint of hotels.

How long do I stay loyal with them having to frequently go out of my way?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sure... staying at a property that hasn't even set an opening date should be no problem for you.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:00 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by RTW1
Sure... staying at a property that hasn't even set an opening date should be no problem for you.
^
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Where is that famous German efficiency?
Originally Posted by Kacee
Same contractors as Brandenburg airport?
Originally Posted by cmglobal

I was thinking the exact same thing!

There are many aspects, you need to differentiate i.e. public vs. private projects, Berlin and Brandenburg vs. Munich and Bavaria (who have always been successful in doing public and private projects such as MUC airport Franz Josef Strauss).

BER project is administrated by a mixed public company (FBB) - State of Berlin, State of Brandenburg and Federal Republic of Germany (37/37/26), a very unlucky combination.

"Schwabinger Tor" project responsible and property owner is Jost Hurler Group, a known real estate developer and owner from Munich, Bavaria:

https://jost-hurler.de/en/#intro

Here is a description of the project:

https://jost-hurler.de/en/projects/s...er-tor-15.html

Please note this project is not only "a hotel", it is a complete city area with 4,2ha, 9 buildings, 89,000sqm above ground floor area, 57,000sqm underground floor area, 500m length along Leopoldstrasse, 7,300sqm restaurants and hotels, 21,000sqm offices, 210 apartments. Many Shops and manufacturers. More than 3,000 people will live and work here. First construction phase started in 2013, second in 2015, finalization in 2017, the first tenants have moved already into their objects. Before construction could be started several old objects had to be teared down such as the Holiday Inn Hotel, the METRO cash&carry market and the famous "Yellow Submarine" club.

See here a picture how the area will look like:

http://www.muenchen.de/aktuell/2016-...inger-tor.html

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I'm flying to Munich this week, any chance I can stay at this property this week to get my double points and WoH night credits towards Glob? Staying at a Marriott so this speaks to WoH issues on overall global footprint of hotels.

How long do I stay loyal with them having to frequently go out of my way?
It´s a pitty that Hyatt´s footprint in Europe is relatively poor and the appearance of new properties/brands takes long (i.e. Hyatt House). I was GP Diamond in the past and felt treated very well, even after I dropped to Platinum. The service quality and hard product (i.e. Cologne, Mainz, GH Beijing, GH Shanghai, Park Vendome) was excellent. Purchased some WoH points now to avoid my account being closed and old points being forfeited and do not exclude going on with Hyatt.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:40 pm

Any news on an opening date for this property?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:15 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by bmatt
Any news on an opening date for this property?
As per a press release of Hyatt re the HH Frankfurt/Eschborn, the Andaz Munich is expected to open in Q3/2018

Excerpt of Press release:
"There are five Hyatt-branded hotels currently open in Germany, namely Park Hyatt Hamburg, Grand Hyatt Berlin, Hyatt Regency Cologne, Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf, and Hyatt Regency Mainz. In addition to Hyatt House Frankfurt/Eschborn, there are three Hyatt-branded hotels currently under development: Hyatt House Düsseldorf/Andreas Quarter (expected to open in October 2017), Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport (expected to openin January 2018) and Andaz Munich (expected to open in Q3 2018)."

Full press release (for the HH Frankfurt/Eschborn: http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123613)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:27 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I heard, that they are trying to open for the Oktoberfest.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by peter42
I heard, that they are trying to open for the Oktoberfest.
That's wonderful! Crossing fingers!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Great news. Really looking forward to this one. Love Munich. Should be a good hotel, although I do love the Marriott in Scwabing. Lovely area to walk around and easy access to LH bus to airport and U-Bahn.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:10 pm

Has anyone passed by recently? Wondering how much progress has been made and if Q3 2018 is still realistic.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Unfortunately, I spoke to someone at Hyatt I trust and the opening is now scheduled for October 2018.

I wish it were sooner because I’m incredibly excited about finally having a Hyatt in Munich. Only 7 more months to go... I hope!

Last edited by macguitar; Mar 1, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by macguitar
Unfortunately, I spoke to someone at Hyatt I trust and the opening is now scheduled for October 2018.

I wish it were sooner because I’m incredibly excited about finally having a Hyatt in Munich. Only 7 more months to go... I hope!
I'm hoping they soft open in September. I'll be there in late Sep for Oktoberfest and would love to cash in some points to stay here, guessing Cat 4. 15k would be an absolute bargain to stay during Oktoberfest.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hate to say this, but it's more than likely not going to open until at least November now. Since this article was written on March 28, 2018, who knows if it's even been delayed past November.

https://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com...nings-for-2018
Old May 28, 2018, 7:05 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The latest information I received, was that they are currently planning to open on October 1st.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:14 am
formerly a193991

I'm surprised that the hotel does not even have a page on hyatt.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.