Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 27, 19, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter42
Thanks, peter42: https://munichschwabingertor.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Print Wikipost

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 6, 22, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Did anyone read Matthews recent review of his Residence Suite upgrade at the Andaz Munich? https://liveandletsfly.com/andaz-munich-suite-review/

It was posted last week - I thought it looks decent. Whats the catch where you guys are saying this isn't a good hotel?
I did not see this review until now. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
What's the catch where you guys are saying this isn't a good hotel?
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
I'm sure you will get treated well at the Andaz but the location seemed more for the business traveler than tourist in my opinion.
My knowledge of Munich matches PortlySpartacus': the location of this hotel must be far better for business than for tourism. If I were in Munich for business, it'd be great. It would be nice if Hyatt had some more tourist-oriented options in Munich.
Old Jun 7, 22, 9:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
While the location is not in the center of the action, we enjoyed our stay there and used the tram daily to get around.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Jun 7, 22, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone read Matthews recent review of his Residence Suite upgrade at the Andaz Munich? https://liveandletsfly.com/andaz-munich-suite-review/

It was posted last week - I thought it looks decent. Whats the catch where you guys are saying this isn't a good hotel?
I posted a review here a while ago. I stayed there in fall 2021, and I was underwhelmed. I'll re-list a few things, but honestly, it was the most disappointing stay in a supposedly premium Hyatt I've had. The globalist suite upgrades were weak, and they charge for anything above the 4th floor (e.g., globalist will give you a suite on the 4th floor if available, but those fill up and if you want the exact same suite on a higher floor they'll ask for hundreds extra $$/night). The bed was too firm and I got extra pillows & a mattress pad, which was great, but housekeeping took them away every day, and I had to repeatedly get things delivered. The A/C couldn't keep up with the heat (over 78F in our room) and the windows didn't open enough to allow meaningful breeze. Breakfast service was laughably bad.
Old Jun 7, 22, 11:31 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Already made around 60 nights at this property.

The breakfast in the restaurant is perfect. The pool and sauna and Spa facilities are the best in Munich by far.
I'm not a public transport guy, so this doesn't matter to me. Arriving by car and using taxi is very easy from there, also perfectly located to reach the airport without traffic. Also accessing the city center is easy as it is a 5-10 minute taxi ride away or a 18 Minute e-scooter ride, which is fun, as there are dedicated bicycle lanes besides the streets in both ways (into the city and out).

Andaz suites are massively big and very nice from the optics. Also regular rooms are very spacious and nicely designed.

Best suites are numbered ..4, so 204-1004, as these are with a magnificent view over the city center onto the Alps (the higher, the better). In the upper levels (I think from 7 above), these are premium suites (called view suite) as they have this absolutely stunning view. 1004 is the best room you can get.

Avoid the upper tower suites on Fridays and Saturdays, though, as the audio de-coupling from the (stunning) rooftop bar is a fail, so you can hear the bass in the room down to level 8 or 7, depending on your ears, until around 1 or 2 in the morning. No problem from Sunday to Thursday, though.

Big parking lot underneath the hotel, perfect (free) valet parking service (you just pay the ticket) from the door boys.

Enjoyed the hotel A LOT! Currently the best hotel in Munich by far, regardless of the chain. Definitely an absolute must for visiting Munich!

​​​​
​​​​​
TravelingChef and sw1x like this.

Last edited by rota; Jun 7, 22 at 11:41 pm
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:54 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Our experience is somewhere in between rota's and manu's.

The breakfast is really good. We like the suites too, but the last times they we almost every time received one with a roof view and not one higher up with a real view. the noise from the bar is really bad sometimes depending on the location of your room.

Service is very mixed, from great to inexperienced or even rude like one spa attendant we experienced.

The happy hour was skipped during our last stays, but you got a welcome drink at least.

Overall it is a good hotel, but needs improvement in the service area.
Old Jun 9, 22, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by PDXpress View Post
Am I being crazy not to stay here as a Globalist in Munich?
This summer I'm traveling in Europe with my kids and my mother, so ages 8-70 (yes, that part's a bit crazy too). I'm excited about our stays at the Grand Hyatt Istanbul (Grand Suite twin) and the Hyatt Centric Murano Venice (Duplex suite). I'm very pro-Hyatt, they treat us well.

We have 3 days in Munich. A 120 square meter Andaz Art Suite is available for 34,000 point per night. We'd get Globalist breakfast. There's a pool and sauna. And yet why do I feel like we should stay at a gasthaus by the zoo instead? The Andaz brand has left me a bit cold in the past, in both Napa, CA and Savannah, GA. Am I missing something?

Not sure if Id stay here for 34,000 points per night, but for 17,000 per night, it was the best use of pointswe were here for three nights this week. As a globalist, we were upgraded to Andaz Suite on the 7th floor. The suite was really nice and spacious. Very quiet as the rooftop bar was closed and I think we were the only people staying on the tower side. The breakfast and overall service was great. We were too busy exploring the city to check out the gym and the pool, but it is overall a much nicer hotel than Andaz Napa.
peter42 likes this.

Last edited by boracat; Jun 9, 22 at 1:41 am
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:37 am

Great stay at Andaz Munich, upgrade to Andaz Suite and wonderful breakfast buffet
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jul 17, 22, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by clublevel15 View Post
Great stay at Andaz Munich
thanks for the video, the room looks great. Ill be staying here next month; I booked into a Junior Suite to have room for my son and will keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade to this room.
Old Jul 17, 22, 12:45 pm

We stayed in the same room last month--must be the suite they give to globalist upgrades.
Old Jul 17, 22, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by boracat View Post
We stayed in the same room last month--must be the suite they give to globalist upgrades.
it must, had the same suite last year as well.
Old Jul 17, 22, 1:57 pm

Double post
Old Jul 19, 22, 4:23 am

breakfast buffet, also very great

Old Jul 19, 22, 9:40 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I had a friend of mine stay here for a weekend. He is top tier at Accor, and I convinced him about 3 years ago to try Hyatt. During the pandemic and the lower qualification needs he achieved Globalist status and LOVED it.
He stayed here as a Glob, upgraded to a great suite, 4pm check-out no issue, great breakfast. Only downside was the location, but with public transport quite close it was ok to get into the central area of Munich.

Unfortunately, he says, he won't be able to achieve the 60 nights requalificaion, as he travel is purly leisure.
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
I had a friend of mine stay here for a weekend. He is top tier at Accor, and I convinced him about 3 years ago to try Hyatt. During the pandemic and the lower qualification needs he achieved Globalist status and LOVED it.
He stayed here as a Glob, upgraded to a great suite, 4pm check-out no issue, great breakfast. Only downside was the location, but with public transport quite close it was ok to get into the central area of Munich.

Unfortunately, he says, he won't be able to achieve the 60 nights requalificaion, as he travel is purly leisure.
Too bad your friend is EU based. I also travel for leisure now that I'm retired. Chase WOH Visa allows me to earn over 20 EQN from credit card spend, leaving 'Just" 40 nights to work for.
I'm looking forward to going back to Andaz Munich in December on our Christmas Markets Tour.
59Impala likes this.

Search this Thread