Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 27, 19, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter42
Thanks, peter42: https://munichschwabingertor.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Print Wikipost

Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 29, 18, 9:04 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by cmglobal View Post


I was thinking the exact same thing!
tigerwong is offline  
Old May 29, 18, 11:55 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,429
Website is online now:
http://munichschwabingertor.andaz.hyatt.com

At the moment listed as a Cat7...
59Impala and sandra2 like this.
peter42 is offline  
Old May 29, 18, 6:59 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by peter42 View Post
Website is online now:
http://munichschwabingertor.andaz.hyatt.com

At the moment listed as a Cat7...
WOO HOO! Progress!

But @peter42, where did you see it listed as a Category 7? This would be really surprising (and disappointing) if true, especially since all Cat7s are either Park Hyatt or Hyatt Residence Club and typically very expensive and very exclusive properties and locations.
macguitar is offline  
Old May 29, 18, 11:55 pm
  #34  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,023
Originally Posted by macguitar View Post
WOO HOO! Progress!

But @peter42, where did you see it listed as a Category 7? This would be really surprising (and disappointing) if true, especially since all Cat7s are either Park Hyatt or Hyatt Residence Club and typically very expensive and very exclusive properties and locations.
There are typically multiple options, I know of 2

59Impala is offline  
Old May 29, 18, 11:58 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
There are typically multiple options, I know of 2

Ahh, got it. Thanks!

The good news is that it looks like category 7 is used as a placeholder for upcoming hotels that havent opened yet. Try searching for Seattle and look at the upcoming Hyatt Regency Seattle. It also shows a 7, and it is extremely unlikely that it will be more points than the Grand Hyatt Seattle.
clublevel15 likes this.

Last edited by macguitar; May 30, 18 at 12:09 am
macguitar is offline  
Old May 30, 18, 12:11 am
  #36  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 11,528
Not very easy on public transport:

PUBLIC TRANSIT CENTERS:

• Tram 23 stops right in front of the hotel’s main entrance and takes you within two stops to Mnchner Freiheit where you find lots of restaurants, bars and shopping. From there you can take the U3 or U6 to Odeonsplatz and Marienplatz.
• Mobility hub: Within the Schwabinger Tor there are always cars for rent available.
• The Munich Airport is reachable via the Lufthansa Airport Bus or the S8 to the Marienplatz, then change into the U3 or U6 and take it to Mnchner Freiheit. From here it’s Tram 23 which takes you to the hotel.

Two changes and a tram from the airport!
Markie is offline  
Old May 30, 18, 12:26 am
  #37  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,023
Originally Posted by macguitar View Post


Ahh, got it. Thanks!

The good news is that it looks like category 7 is used as a placeholder for upcoming hotels that havent opened yet. Try searching for Seattle and look at the upcoming Hyatt Regency Seattle. It also shows a 7, and it is extremely unlikely that it will be more points than the Grand Hyatt Seattle.
That could well be - i saw the Seattle location as Cat 7, too, and was really surprised. Andaz Munich may be 7, could drop to 6. Munich is very expensive at certain times. That must be a driver for the categorization, too. more than if the city is "hip" or not. e.g. the PH Zurich I would not classify as a Cat 7, hotel is fine, service ok, but nothing "special". it's the Zurich hotel prices that are ridiculously high, such as in NYC.
59Impala is offline  
Old Sep 17, 18, 2:13 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MEX
Posts: 977
Came to this thread looking for good news...guess not.

Still missing an official opening date on Hyatt.com
Viajero Millero is offline  
Old Sep 21, 18, 10:57 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
A little more progress... there's a new website:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ge...nger-tor/mucaz
Football Fan likes this.
macguitar is offline  
Old Oct 30, 18, 11:54 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
Its almost here! Only 3 more months to go! According to the bio in the link below, the Andaz Munich will *finally* open on February 1, 2019:

https://www.instagram.com/andazmuc/

Without question, this is my most anticipated new Hyatt. Even though Ive been quite frustrated with all of the delays and waiting for it to open, I have a feeling it will have been worth it! 🎉

Last edited by macguitar; Oct 31, 18 at 12:06 am
macguitar is offline  
Old Nov 5, 18, 2:05 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MEX
Posts: 977
Still showing as Category 7 which seems...excessive.

I would think it's a placeholder Cat but the Vienna one is showing as Category 6 so I would say that's slightly worrying.
Viajero Millero is offline  
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:00 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero View Post
Still showing as Category 7 which seems...excessive.

I would think it's a placeholder Cat but the Vienna one is showing as Category 6 so I would say that's slightly worrying.
Find my post a few back where I predicted that the Hyatt Regency Seattle (which had also been showing Category 7) was a placeholder, as well. Hyatt now confirms that Hyatt Regency Seattle is a Category 4, so their Category 7 was a placeholder - so Im going to make a strong guess that Andaz Munich will be a Category 6.

I agree that Vienna showing a Category 6 is a bit worrying, but perhaps their category has been decided already (but the others werent)

Time will tell!
Viajero Millero likes this.
macguitar is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:39 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,429
It is bookable now for dates starting March 1st 2019.
macguitar likes this.
peter42 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:41 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 136
Smile

Originally Posted by peter42 View Post
it is bookable now for dates starting march 1st 2019.
WOO HOO!!!
macguitar is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 6:22 am
  #45  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 11,299
Originally Posted by macguitar View Post


Find my post a few back where I predicted that the Hyatt Regency Seattle (which had also been showing Category 7) was a placeholder, as well. Hyatt now confirms that Hyatt Regency Seattle is a Category 4, so their Category 7 was a placeholder - so Im going to make a strong guess that Andaz Munich will be a Category 6.

I agree that Vienna showing a Category 6 is a bit worrying, but perhaps their category has been decided already (but the others werent)

Time will tell!
Everything else in Germany is a 3 or 4, including a Park Hyatt in Hamburg.

Of course, brand matters less than the cash rates the hotel can charge.

But yeah, 7 should be a placeholder. Vienna has the PH comparator so it's fairly sensible to slot an Andaz into the same category.
craigthemif is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread