Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As a Globalist, what's the earliest you've ever been able to check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As a Globalist, what's the earliest you've ever been able to check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
The only place I've gotten a lot of pushback on early check-in is in Japan.
Best I've done was a 9:45am check in at Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Was able to have two lounge breakfasts on a single night stay.

If I absolutely need a room early, I'll book a night earlier and inform the hotel of my schedule. Last did that a few years ago at Hyatt Regency Waikiki. I think that put me on their good side, as they upgraded us to a really nice suite on the final night.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by gengar
The only place I've gotten a lot of pushback on early check-in is in Japan. A few Taiwanese properties have also refused (recently, the GH Taipei refused to even process my check-in until official check-in time). Pretty much everywhere else I've been in the world, they've never had a problem checking me in early - even at properties that aren't that highly regarded for service here on FT. Think it's more a cultural issue than anything else.
Japanese Hyatts, especially those in Tokyo, are often at or near capacity, it’s tough to gain access to a room early in the morning. If, however, rooms are vacant and available, they are more than happy to give you a room if you’re not checking in unreasonably early say 2am. As a Discoverist (repeat guest), I’ve had access to rooms at PHT/ Andaz Tokyo as early as 10am, though more often than not rooms only become available from 1pm onwards, especially if they intend to upgrade me. Unrelated to Hyatt and Japan, I checked in to Just Sleep Hualien (a Taiwanese chain) at 2:30pm last week and they told me all rooms are unavailable/ being cleaned and will only be available at 3pm (their standard check in time).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Best I've done was a 9:45am check in at Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Was able to have two lounge breakfasts on a single night stay.
Originally Posted by Central90210
Japanese Hyatts, especially those in Tokyo, are often at or near capacity, it’s tough to gain access to a room early in the morning. If, however, rooms are vacant and available, they are more than happy to give you a room if you’re not checking in unreasonably early say 2am. As a Discoverist (repeat guest), I’ve had access to rooms at PHT/ Andaz Tokyo as early as 10am, though more often than not rooms only become available from 1pm onwards, especially if they intend to upgrade me. Unrelated to Hyatt and Japan, I checked in to Just Sleep Hualien (a Taiwanese chain) at 2:30pm last week and they told me all rooms are unavailable/ being cleaned and will only be available at 3pm (their standard check in time).
I've had Japanese hotels (including in Tokyo) tell me my room was ready but demand a fee for early check-in. Regent Taipei was similar on one occasion. I suppose the western, or at least western-branded, hotels might be better at this. I've had Conrad Tokyo check in others early on points reservations I've made, even as early as 6am, which really surprised me after my experiences at other hotels.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
The earliest I think I have needed to check in is about 10AM, and commonly I check in around noon-2PM. I have only had two problems checking in early:

HR Paris Etoile were I I arrived at 10 AM and they refused to check me in until check-in time at 3PM. I asked two different people, one when I arrived who was very rude about it, and another at 11:30 who was at least apologetic (well, as much as you can expect from the French), but both gave me a hard and flat no, my only option was to come back at check in time. Which was very frustrating coming off a very crowded flight in coach where I couldn't get any sleep, and the hotel had pretty much zero general seating in the lobby. I was there a week, and never recovered fully from the jet-lag after all of that.

HR Vancouver too. I tried to check in only a little early (2PM), my room (a paid suite) wasn't ready so I had to wait until 3:30PM, and then only half my suite was ready until 6PM which was well after check in time.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
5am with an upgrade to a suite at the Grand Hyatt Chengdu, an absolutely wonderful property that somehow is dropping to Category 1. This might be the best value in the Hyatt system and I expect to go there once the virus ends
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:02 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is a rather odd question. Early check-in does not really have anything with hotel status. If the hotel has very low occupancy, hotel would care less about when you check in. I've walked in to some hotels at 7 AM or 8 AM and allowed to check in. But it is different story if some benefits come with it, such as breakfast and club lounge etc....
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
This is a rather odd question. Early check-in does not really have anything with hotel status. If the hotel has very low occupancy, hotel would care less about when you check in. I've walked in to some hotels at 7 AM or 8 AM and allowed to check in. But it is different story if some benefits come with it, such as breakfast and club lounge etc....
Not true. Early check in or “preferred access” is a stated Globalist benefit. Also, otherwise charging for early check in is increasingly common. Example... HC New Orleans which charges $50+ IIRC for early check in.... I also think it’s getting increasingly common with IHG properties...

Back to the topic... I’ve gotten 9am as a Glob many times... and think preferred early check in is a great benefit.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
It's presented as a Globalist benefit on the WoH site as Priority Access to Rooms, and its even covered in the T&C.

(f) Priority Room Availability: Should a Globalist attempt to check-in to a Hyatt hotel or resort at which (s)he has a reservation and should no rooms of the category reserved by the Member be immediately available, the Member will be offered the first room of that category that becomes available. The Member may alternatively be offered the option to exercise his or her Best Room Available benefit, should an eligible room above the category reserved by the Member be available. (In the event that a hotel or resort finds it necessary to apply this benefit to more than one (1) Globalist for the same room category on the same day, the Globalists will be prioritized based on when each Globalist requests to check-in.) This benefit is not available and may not be exercised before 9:00 a.m. local time at the applicable Hyatt hotel or resort. This benefit is not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts.

It does mention that before 9 AM that the benefit may not be honored, but based on the reports here that's on a case by case basis.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Not true. Early check in or “preferred access” is a stated Globalist benefit. Also, otherwise charging for early check in is increasingly common. Example... HC New Orleans which charges $50+ IIRC for early check in.... I also think it’s getting increasingly common with IHG properties...

Back to the topic... I’ve gotten 9am as a Glob many times... and think preferred early check in is a great benefit.
I do not know what is not true.

Hotel decides the early check-in. There are policies, but some want to please the guests and would certainly let you in if they get empty rooms.... Certainly some want to charge you. But if you have early check-out like 2AM, you get any refund??
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cvseuy
It's presented as a Globalist benefit on the WoH site as Priority Access to Rooms, and its even covered in the T&C.
As I said, that is the policy. But some hotels grant the early check-in as a courtesy. I've received that with IHG, Hilton and Hyatt.....
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I do not know what is not true.

Hotel decides the early check-in. There are policies, but some want to please the guests and would certainly let you in if they get empty rooms.... Certainly some want to charge you. But if you have early check-out like 2AM, you get any refund??
It is a stated Glob Benefit can check in at 9am if room type is available. If it’s not the hotel will likely put you in anything that is available and move you over when your room is available.

You don’t get any refund for checking out early lol
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
It is a stated Glob Benefit can check in at 9am if room type is available. If it’s not the hotel will likely put you in anything that is available and move you over when your room is available.

You don’t get any refund for checking out early lol
I'm talking about general, not the official 9am early check-in. I know there is no refund for early check-out. I have a vacation with very early flight. I'm certain I won't get any refund if I check out at midnight and never sleep there.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:38 am

The other day, Hyatt Place Frankfurt checked me in at 07:30!
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I checked in to the Park Hyatt Hamburg several times around 930am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm talking about general, not the official 9am early check-in. I know there is no refund for early check-out. I have a vacation with very early flight. I'm certain I won't get any refund if I check out at midnight and never sleep there.
Not sure what you’re looking to get answered.

This thread is about the Glob Benefit.

As far as checking out early, even if you left a full 24 hours earlier than booked you likely wouldn’t get any type of refund.

And yes, non Globalists can receive complimentary early check in as well depending on the property. I checked in at noon at a HH as an Explorist last year. I would say before noon though if you’re not a Glob it’ll be pretty hard to do. There are always those one offs where someone has stayed at the hotel for years so the staff reward that loyalty despite lack of status, but for the most part you’d have to pay extra or be told to wait a bit IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.