Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As a Globalist, what's the earliest you've ever been able to check-in?

As a Globalist, what's the earliest you've ever been able to check-in?

Old Feb 24, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
Ask your concierge to put in a special request for you and make clear you'll accept any room type. I'd follow up with an email to the hotel reminding them a day or two before check in. Assuming they aren't full the night before, it really shouldn't be a big problem.
But there are lots of options at the Confidente regarding room types. The older tower rooms are quirky and we stayed in a suite here last February moving to a much more modern room overlooking the pool with a large balcony for the last night which I preferred.

We did arrive early (before 10.30am) but had not requested an early check in and had breakfast before our keys were ready around 11.30 am.
Old Feb 24, 19, 10:00 am

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Some good advice on here. In my experience the hotels do a night audit between 5 and 6am. I've found that it's best to wait until 6 if you want to request an early check-in. I have never planned an early check-in ahead of time. It has always been a last minute situation I found myself in. If you have status with the hotel and they have rooms available then they usually accommodate you. Some hotels have night time housekeeping. Usually this is because they have RR crews or flight crews staying there. If you know this ahead of time it increases your success rate.
Old Feb 24, 19, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, OZ *G, DL Silver, FB Plat, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I just checked in around 10am to a Hyatt Regency as a Glob - they had open rooms and were happy to accommodate.
Old Feb 24, 19, 2:06 pm

I've checked in at 7am at the GH NYC. Is no big deal. If a room is ready they will give it to you -- they don't care. If not you may have to wait.

If it's the type of hotel where the VIP manager emails you before your stay, reply and let them know what time you will be arriving. They will probably reply with something along the lines of, we will try to have a room available at that time but we can't guarantee it; however if not you will be free to leave your bags at the bell desk and use the lounge (assuming they have one) until your room is ready.

But that also means that (probably) if a room is available early, they will hold it for you rather than give it to a non-status or low-status guest who arrives before you. Letting them know in advance can only help your chances.
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:48 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC
7am earliest
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was someplace recently where I arrived early (probably around 9 am) and the front desk agent made a remark that housekeepers start at 9 am, which gave me the impression that housekeepers were being told to do the room that would be mine first.

If the room is empty from the night before (and clean of course), the hotel *should* give it to a guest (with priority for elites) as long as there's no attempt to evade a night's charge, which for me means that you arrive at a time when people would normally be getting up, perhaps around 7 am. You can't arrive at 1 am (or 3 am) and expect to get a room without paying for the previous night. However, I suspect that the reality is that it's somewhat of a local custom, with of course airport hotels and hotels where flights come and go at odd hours expecting to be more flexible. I've seen hotels (IME the worst offenders are in Italy) pretend that all rooms suddenly become available at (and not one minute before) their official check in time, but these are places where I will never return.

In some top hotels, you can arrange your own check in and check out times. Raffles did this for their own (RIP) top tier invitation only elites (as a published benefit), SPG did it for Plat75, and now Starriott/Bonvoy has Your24 for Ambassador level only.
soartoday likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Usually 7-7:30am
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
I did a 7am once at HR Boston.
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:51 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy
Iíve been able to get into my room maybe half a dozen times at various Hyatt properties during the 7am-9am timeframe as a Glibalist. Iíve never been asked to pay for the previous night. One additional factor, which may come into play if fully occupied, is the start time of housekeeping to clean rooms that checked out early in the morning. One time, at sold out HR Washington, FD couldnít give me a time for my room until after housekeeping started at 8am. I got in by about 9am.
creativeguess1 and mstrbldr like this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: FORMER Hyatt Diamond Loyalist, now Globallist
Originally Posted by mstrbldr View Post
Will be heading to The Confidante next month, but arriving early in the morning on a Saturday. Around 9am. At times in the past at other hotels, I have sometimes asked for (and received!!!) a noon check-in, but never tried for 9am. I know I could always book a room the night before, but trying to avoid that. I'm guessing it will be unlikely as it will be Miami Beach on a weekend during prime spring break time. Anyone, particularly Globalists, have success at this? Or anyone wanna guess the likelihood of getting this request?
I drove from CA to Bellevue, WA Hyatt Regency, got in at 6:30 am. Went to the desk, "How can I help you today, checking out?". Nope! Here one night checking in. "Sure Mr.......we have you pre blocked into an upgraded room, but I'd be happy to put you in a clean room that's ready now." Very kind of them. I have been put in rooms 9am-noon in the past year a andful of times. I think, depends mostly on availability when you arrive.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Recently in a PH, I was given a room shortly after arrival (probably around 10 am) and told that I could either move to my own room (which apparently was occupied by a Glob with a late checkout) sometime after 6 pm or any time the next day. Both suites were extremely nice (confirmed suite upgrade) but very different and it was fun to enjoy the different view, etc. so I really didn't mind at all.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1 View Post
I drove from CA to Bellevue, WA Hyatt Regency, got in at 6:30 am. Went to the desk, "How can I help you today, checking out?". Nope! Here one night checking in. "Sure Mr.......we have you pre blocked into an upgraded room, but I'd be happy to put you in a clean room that's ready now." Very kind of them. I have been put in rooms 9am-noon in the past year a andful of times. I think, depends mostly on availability when you arrive.
See... thatís the kind of stuff that makes me glad I ditched SPG when they merged... one of the best decisions....
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:18 pm

Once at the Bellevue in Philadelphia, we arrived at 7:30am. With Diamond status. The front desk clerk said no rooms were available but that we could leave our luggage. We went to freshen up in the bathroom. When we came back to leave our luggage and phone # with a different front desk clerk, he checked the system and gave us a suite. So sometimes it also depends on your luck of the front desk clerk.
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
The only place I've gotten a lot of pushback on early check-in is in Japan. A few Taiwanese properties have also refused (recently, the GH Taipei refused to even process my check-in until official check-in time). Pretty much everywhere else I've been in the world, they've never had a problem checking me in early - even at properties that aren't that highly regarded for service here on FT. Think it's more a cultural issue than anything else.
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
The only place I've gotten a lot of pushback on early check-in is in Japan. A few Taiwanese properties have also refused (recently, the GH Taipei refused to even process my check-in until official check-in time). Pretty much everywhere else I've been in the world, they've never had a problem checking me in early - even at properties that aren't that highly regarded for service here on FT. Think it's more a cultural issue than anything else.
Japan and Korea don't like going outside of the stated check-in hours. I've been asked in Korea to pay for checking in early and once for checking out later. I didn't end up paying each time but that seems to be the default FD answer there.

Search this Thread