Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Pretty sure most griping has been mainly about no notice and second stay only credit. Don't think anyone really said it was terrible. In fact, had it been given advance notice, I'd have booked another night tonight.
Yeah, I really don't get it.

You offer a promotion to incentivise additional business, to get a loyal member to stay more or to get somebody to move a hotel stay from another chain to Hyatt.

Then you provide no advance notice, immediately excluding anybody who has to lock in their hotel reservations at least a few weeks in advance.

So some lucky members - who were already staying at Hyatts tonight - get their first stay ticked off without any conscious decision to do so. Whilst simulaneously annoying anybody who checks in tonight for a long holiday stay.
notquiteaff and ryandc99 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:44 pm

Don't know why people complain about short notice. Do you prefer the promotion starting few days later with the same 5/31 ending?
This promotion make HP Cabos $60 all in looks almost free!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:54 pm

I have a seven night stay starting Thursday. Think it’s worthwhile to book a single night before I head out for that somewhere else? I am based in Denver so there are options for rooms under $100 pretty widely available
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by khlay
Don't know why people complain about short notice. Do you prefer the promotion starting few days later with the same 5/31 ending?
This promotion make HP Cabos $60 all in looks almost free!
Most would prefer same dates of promo, but give us at least a week of notice to allow us to change our travel behavior, which is of course, what Hyatt is attempting to do with a promo in the first place....

Some will also compare the 75k max to the last 75k promo (at least the one I remember in 2016) which only required 25 nights and you could stay at any brand. This is twice as many nights and the nights have to be in an HH or HP to max it out.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by shawnjeck
I have a seven night stay starting Thursday. Think it’s worthwhile to book a single night before I head out for that somewhere else? I am based in Denver so there are options for rooms under $100 pretty widely available
I would, especially if the stay is at an HH or HP. I'd even consider a 1 night points redemption at the 8k level if that were the case. -8k for the not needed stay but +10.5k for the 7 night stay puts you 2.5k ahead of where you'd be without the extra stay
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by khlay
Because a longer advance notice is preferable (and pretty common in the industry because it actually works better for both parties). And I don't know why you think that would have to postpone the start date. Are you thinking that Mark Hoplamazian just thought up this promo yesterday?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Because a longer advance notice is preferable (and pretty common in the industry because it actually works better for both parties). And I don't know why you think that would have to postpone the start date. Are you thinking that Mark Hoplamazian just thought up this promo yesterday?
That's what I thought. They roll out the promotion the day after they finalized the T&C. I know, I am as naive as a 2 year old.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:27 pm

This promo is unfair to long term guests.

Notice of promo aside, they also need a 24 hour gap between first stay and second stay - so for someone on a 25 night stay from 7th Feb, they’d have to check out today - stay elsewhere for a night - and then come back the following day.

These sorts of nonsensical T&C’s really penalise those who are the most loyal to WoH!

There should be exceptions in cases like this - otherwise, WoH is actively encouraging guests to have to leave property and reduce their night count!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
24 hour gap between first stay and second stay
You mean when you stay in the same property again?

Last edited by tjae; Feb 16, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:46 am

Yes.

I am on a long stay, which started before the promo was announced and continuing for a few more weeks.

The promo doesn’t kick in until the second stay. If the T&C’s were friendly, I could just split the stay in two - check out today and check back in, commencing the ‘second stay’. However, the T&C’s require that there be a 24 hour gap between the first and second stay. The only way around this would be to leave the property im in for a day and come back.

Very unfair for those who stay multiple weeks at a time.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Cant find the 24 hr gap statement... Where is it? 🙄
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I have a award reservation booked for March overseas. Sounds like that can count as the first stay. I just registered for the promotion. Do I need to rebook the award stay in order to have it count?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:43 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I have a award reservation booked for March overseas. Sounds like that can count as the first stay. I just registered for the promotion. Do I need to rebook the award stay in order to have it count?
No. Existing reservations within a promo period have always counted, without the need to rebook or do anything else to the reservation.
RedElmo likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by tjae
Cant find the 24 hr gap statement... Where is it? ��
Some prior promotions had this term:
  • Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single Hyatt hotel are considered one stay.
Here's one promo that has this term:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...nes-miles.html

I thought I saw something similar when this promotion was announced but I don't see it anymore.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Would a Chase free night count as an eligible stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.