Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Heard rumors this is coming today.
But the link is unable to visit. Any thoughts?
www.worldofhyatt.com/morepoints
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lifeseeker
Heard rumors this is coming today.
But the link is unable to visit. Any thoughts?
www.worldofhyatt.com/morepoints
I got an email this morning from my concierge. Posted it in the sticky promo thread.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Still 404 for me too.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:33 am

It is working. https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ts-faster.html
  • Earn 1,000 Bonus Points per qualifying night at 800+ Hyatt hotels, participating M life Rewards destinations and participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels
  • Plus, earn an additional 500 Bonus Points per qualifying night when those nights are at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels
The more you stay, the more you’re rewarded. Points add up quickly, so you can enjoy the rewards you love most like relaxing trips to the spa, fitness classes at participating Exhale locations, FINDexperiences and even free nights and room upgrades for your next stay.

This offer won’t last long, so register by March 31

1. How do I participate in the promotion?

You must be a World of Hyatt member and register for the promotion February 15, 2019 through March 31, 2019 to participate. Register at worldofhyatt.com/morepoints or by calling your nearest Global Contact Center. To join, visit World of Hyatt today.

2. What are the registration dates for the promotion?

Registration will open on February 15, 2019 and end on March 31, 2019.

3. What are the qualifying night dates for the promotion?

Beginning on your second eligible stay, eligible nights completed February 15, 2019 through May 15, 2019 (“Promotion Period”) will qualify toward the promotion.

4. How does the promotion work?

Starting with your second eligible stay in the Promotion Period, you can earn 1,000 Bonus Points for each qualifying night at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels. Maximum 50,000 Bonus Points may be earned during Promotion Period.

Also starting with the second eligible stay during the Promotion Period, members will earn an additional 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying night at Hyatt Place® and Hyatt House® hotels during the Promotion Period. An additional maximum 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels during Promotion Period except as noted below.

Members must be registered for the promotion and provide their World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in. Members may choose to earn Base Points, miles or M life Tier Credits for their stay, but only Bonus Points are awarded under this promotion.

5. What is considered an eligible stay?

For the purpose of this offer, an eligible stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts is defined as any stay where a member is paying an eligible rate or staying on a free night award for at least one night of their stay. See Question 6 for further details on eligible nights at participating hotels. See complete terms and conditions on worldofhyatt.com for a list of participating M life Rewards and Small Luxury Hotels destinations.

6. What is considered an eligible night?

For the purpose of this promotion, an eligible night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.

An “M life-Eligible Night” is any night stayed at an M life Rewards destination where (i) payment is made directly to MGM or the applicable M life Rewards destination (including reservations booked through mlife.com or mgmresorts.com), (ii) the reservation is booked through hyatt.com (subject to the exclusions below), or (iii) the reservation is booked through Hyatt’s central reservation service (subject to the exclusions below). Any night other than as described above will not be considered an M life-Eligible Night, including, without limitation, any nights booked under one of the following booking types or rates: M life Rewards destination complimentary room nights, master account/posting master group bookings, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Hyatt employee discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) For any stay at an M life Rewards destination of fifteen (15) or more nights, no night of such stay will qualify as an M life-Eligible Night, even if such night otherwise meets the requirements described above.

An “Eligible SLH Night” is any night that the Member (i) stays at a Participating SLH Property; (ii) books the stay through a Hyatt Booking Channel, (iii) either pays an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night Award; and (iv) associates his or her valid Program membership number with the reservation at the time of reservation.

7. I have a stay with a check-in date within the promotion period but a checkout date outside of the promotion period. Will I earn Bonus Points for my nights during the promotion period?

Yes, eligible nights stayed within the promotion period will be eligible to earn Bonus Points.

8. Why is there additional earning for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House for this promotion?

Hyatt has different brands that fit every stay occasion of our members, delivering a variety of experiences. This promotion’s earning offer delivers value to our members on all stay occasions.

9. If I pay for more than one room, will I receive Bonus Points on qualifying nights for all rooms?

A member will only earn Bonus Points for the room he/she occupies during the promotion period.

10. Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?

Eligible methods of payment include cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment may exclude, without limitation, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Member’s name and the Member must personally pay for all charges. If a member’s night is charged back to a Master Account, the night will not be considered qualifying and will not count as an eligible night or be eligible toward earning in the promotion.

11. Can I earn Bonus Points for qualifying nights during the promotion period at M life Rewards Destinations?

Yes, eligible nights at participating M life resorts will be counted toward this promotion. See question 6 for full details on eligible nights.

12. Can I choose miles or M life Tier Credits for my stay and earn Bonus Points for qualifying nights during the promotion?

Yes, you can choose to earn either World of Hyatt Base Points, Travel Partner miles or M life credits for each qualifying night in order to earn Bonus Points in conjunction with this promotion. The offer is fulfilled with Bonus Points.

13. Will I receive World of Hyatt Base Points for my stay in addition to the Bonus Points?

Yes, as a World of Hyatt member, you will earn the standard five (5) points per eligible dollar spent if you choose to earn World of Hyatt Base Points for your stay. Elite members will also earn their tier bonus.

14. When will I receive my Bonus Points?

Bonus Points will be posted to your membership account as you complete the promotion criteria. Please allow two to three weeks after completing your qualifying nights for the Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.

15. Where can I see how many Bonus Points I have earned for my qualifying nights during the promotion?

To see how many Bonus Points you have earned, visit worldofhyatt.com. Access your account with your World of Hyatt membership number/user name, last name, and password and click on the My Account section.

16. How can I use the Bonus Points I earn during the promotion?

Bonus Points can be redeemed for rewards like free nights and upgrades, dining and spa services at Hyatt hotels and resorts, FIND experiences, nights at participating M life Resort Destinations in Las Vegas, participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Miraval award nights and more. For more details on how members can use points, visit https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards.html

17. Do Bonus Points earned with this promotion count toward earning elite membership?

No, only Base Points earned, the standard five (5) points per eligible dollar spent, count towards earning elite membership.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:47 am

I hate when they do that starting with your second stay BS. I have a 4 night stay starting tomorrow which won't get me anything because I can't get another stay in tonight, and of course even if I had wanted to, I couldn't because Hyatt never gives you a moment of advance notice on any of these half baked promos.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My first thoughts is that it's a pretty decent promo. And, they're aiming it towards being decent for everyone (instead of backloading the promo like they have in the past where you only really got the benefit if you stayed every night required of the promo).

But, Hyatt really should get their act together and advertise/promote these promotions with more than 24 hours notice. I'm not saying that it would necessarily make a difference for me right now, but for a lot of people this could have influenced when/where they stay over the next three months.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Totally off-topic, but I can't believe that this is what lured the OP out of five years of lurking! Congrats on your virgin post!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by solewalker
Totally off-topic, but I can't believe that this is what lured the OP out of five years of lurking! Congrats on your virgin post!
He/she was out seeking life, and now has found it

BTW - not really a Q1 promo.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just saw this when I logged in. No email for WoH, no email from my "concierge" (my old PL rep would register me for all these promos automatically). Have a 4 night reservation at an HR starting Monday which gets me nothing (except acting as the first qualifying stay), and then a bunch of HH reservations after that, so at least they qualify for the extra 500 pt bonus! Event with all the reservations I have, if I use them all, I'll cap out at a little over 50% of the available pts... Just such a short period and almost impossible to max out unless you stay almost every single night

Edit - oh wait, it's thru May 15. I thought eligible stays were only thru 3/31. That's just the registration deadline. OK, might actually be able to max this out

Edit again - read again - the 500 bonus at HP and HH is separate and isn't counted towards the 50k. It's actually 50k on the 1000/night and 25k on the 500/night for a max of 75k. That requires 50 nights and I won't do that before the end of May

Last edited by jasonvr; Feb 15, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
My stay is also 4 nights and I am going to break that up with 1 night at Hyatt and next 3 at a HH
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

All the moaning and groaning. What a bunch of complainers. This is a GREAT and very generous promo...

By my estimate, a $100 HP stay gets (for a Globalist) w/Hyatt card about 2,500 points. I get about two cents per point in redemptions so that's like a 50% return.

In this market where occupancy is sky high and the economy is red hot? Pretty crazy if you ask me....

What kinds of promos is Marriott offering? Zip that I know of. Credit where credit is due....
notquiteaff and Biggie Fries like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:39 pm

Pretty sure most griping has been mainly about no notice and second stay only credit. Don't think anyone really said it was terrible. In fact, had it been given advance notice, I'd have booked another night tonight.
notquiteaff, jn in ca and NJNY like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by solewalker
Does it still count if it gets moved to the "Current Hyatt Promotions" thread??
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
only complaint is the 2nd stay and virtually zero notice. Yes is a pretty good promo. And I stack it on top of the double points rate. I am hoping my next 3 night hyatt house stay will net me 8K points....
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:04 pm

I’m currently in a stay that started yesterday and ends Sunday. I’m assuming it won’t count as my first stay. Anyone know for sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.