Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by shawnjeck
I have a seven night stay starting Thursday. Think it’s worthwhile to book a single night before I head out for that somewhere else? I am based in Denver so there are options for rooms under $100 pretty widely available
that’s what I just did before my next 5 night stay. I did an $80.00 HH stay which will also assist with my 55 night qualification
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Thanks for the information, I am guessing that based on your reading of the T&Cs, that standard points award redemptions count too?
Yes, redeeming points for award nights definitely count.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just FTR, I had two rooms booked at the same property last weekend, one room for Fri-Sun and one room for Fri-Mon. I wound up getting full promo bonus on the Fri-Mon room, which I didn't expect.

So perhaps those on lengthy stays could just book a cheap one-night rate elsewhere (or at the same property) as that seems to trigger the first stay for this promo. Same for those who are about to start lengthy stays who don't have the time/opportunity to do a cheap one-night prior to the lengthy stay.

Last edited by gengar; Feb 19, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
30 nights in April at the Heathrow Hyatt for GBP58.65 per night - 25,000 points bonus (cap) plus basic/status points for GBP1700
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Markie
30 nights in April at the Heathrow Hyatt for GBP58.65 per night - 25,000 points bonus (cap) plus basic/status points for GBP1700
Nice! Gets you halfway to Glob, and a bunch of points.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Isn't the cap 50k? 25k cap is extra for HH and HP.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khlay
Isn't the cap 50k? 25k cap is extra for HH and HP.
Yeah, it would be 45K bonus points, with the cap another 20 nights away...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:38 am
iwc

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Yes, redeeming points for award nights definitely count.

Are you sure?

Bullet 10 of the T & C's MAY exclude point redemptions and award redemptions as well as Hyatt Gift Cards as a form of payment.

10. Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?

Eligible methods of payment include cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment may exclude, without limitation, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Member’s name and the Member must personally pay for all charges. If a member’s night is charged back to a Master Account, the night will not be considered qualifying and will not count as an eligible night or be eligible toward earning in the promotion.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by iwc
Are you sure?

Bullet 10 of the T & C's MAY exclude point redemptions and award redemptions as well as Hyatt Gift Cards as a form of payment.

10. Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?

Eligible methods of payment include cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment may exclude, without limitation, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Member’s name and the Member must personally pay for all charges. If a member’s night is charged back to a Master Account, the night will not be considered qualifying and will not count as an eligible night or be eligible toward earning in the promotion.
Interesting. I didn't see that. It seems to contradict bullet point 6 which says:

6. What is considered an eligible night?
For the purpose of this promotion, an eligible night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.

Maybe the difference is that one is referring to eligible forms of payment and the other refers to eligible nights. The promo is based on eligible nights.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Let's avoid scurrilous rumors. I have already had bonus points from this promo post for an award stay, so there is no doubt that award nights count.

Re: the "second stay" requirement. I was already staying in a Hyatt when I registered for this promo last weekend. So I would assume that would have to be the "first" stay. I checked this morning and I did get promo points for that stay. Maybe I was just the beneficiary of some strange computer glitch, but what Hyatt counts for the "second stay" requirement seems up-in-the-air.
serfty likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Let's avoid scurrilous rumors. I have already had bonus points from this promo post for an award stay, so there is no doubt that award nights count.

Re: the "second stay" requirement. I was already staying in a Hyatt when I registered for this promo last weekend. So I would assume that would have to be the "first" stay. I checked this morning and I did get promo points for that stay. Maybe I was just the beneficiary of some strange computer glitch, but what Hyatt counts for the "second stay" requirement seems up-in-the-air.
Did you get bonus points for all your nights? It would be a nice perk if they are pretty much waiving the 2nd stay requirement.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Did you get bonus points for all your nights? It would be a nice perk if they are pretty much waiving the 2nd stay requirement.
It's more complex than that. Back in reply #25 uktraveller212 asked if checking out and checking back in would count as 2 stays. I did that. I had a reservation I made last year. (Prior to learning about this promo) I wanted to extend my stay, and extended by booking a new reservation using WoH points. The front desk checked me out, checked me back in and I walked back to my room. Consecutive reservations at the same hotel should count as one stay.

Like uktraveller212, I assumed that would count as one stay, but in fact I got the bonus points. This is so far from what I expected that I'm still wondering if it was a glitch.

Last edited by jn in ca; Feb 21, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
If booking a “Stay 4, Pay 3” rate, how is the fourth night, which is priced at $0 in the rate breakdown, treated for purposes of this promo? I’m guessing it yields zero bonus points, but not sure. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by joe_miami
If booking a “Stay 4, Pay 3” rate, how is the fourth night, which is priced at $0 in the rate breakdown, treated for purposes of this promo? I’m guessing it yields zero bonus points, but not sure. Thanks.
I'd assume it does not count.
i had that question related to nights counting towards status last year, and My Concierge said "no". it is different from the award nights which do count.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
It's more complex than that. Back in reply #25 uktraveller212 asked if checking out and checking back in would count as 2 stays. I did that. I had a reservation I made last year. (Prior to learning about this promo) I wanted to extend my stay, and extended by booking a new reservation using WoH points. The front desk checked me out, checked me back in and I walked back to my room. Consecutive reservations at the same hotel should count as one stay.

Like uktraveller212, I assumed that would count as one stay, but in fact I got the bonus points. This is so far from what I expected that I'm still wondering if it was a glitch.
So you got the bonus points for the nights after you checked back in but not before you checked out. Was your original pre-check out on a cash stay? Wonder if the different type of payment fooled the system. And I am sure the hotel doing the perfunctory in and out helped too. Maybe Hyatt assumes hotels will merge the reservations over consecutive nights and not bother with the extra work of in-n-out and so the stay would show up as one stay?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.