FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Combining Points (rules, transfer time, etc.) - MERGED THREADS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1952795-combining-points-rules-transfer-time-etc-merged-threads.html)

totlaboy Aug 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Combining Points (rules, transfer time, etc.) - MERGED THREADS

can someone who has recently used the Point combining request form to transfer points to another account tell me what's the turnaround time? Do the points show up in the receiver's account in 1-2 days

Thx

jisaac Aug 15, 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by totlaboy (Post 21275271)
can someone who has recently used the Point combining request form to transfer points to another account tell me what's the turnaround time? Do the points show up in the receiver's account in 1-2 days

Thx

I did this two weeks ago and believe the transfer happened within a few hours.

aussielori Sep 20, 2013 2:34 pm

I just tried to combine points and received an email stating both accounts had to have activity in last 12 mths.
When did that happen?

kaw753 Sep 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Is there a requirement to have an award reservation that is greater than the number of points I have? What if I have a friend who simply wishes to transfer me some points that he does not plan to use?

Maui4me1 Sep 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Mine transferred in a few hours.

flyer4512 Jan 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Combining Points

I would like to add 50K points from my dads Hyatt account to my account to book 7 nights in Jamaica and have some questions.

Member may combine the necessary number of points from their World of Hyatt account with those in one other specifically designated World of Hyatt account in order to have
a sufficient number of points to redeem a particular award

1. Can I transfer 50K points or does the amount I transfer have to equal the exact amount of points ( which would be less than 50K) I need to book the nights, in other words does my account have to be at 0 points after the award is booked ?

To book an award reservation using combined points, call World of Hyatt Customer Service at 1.800.544.9288/402.593.8615 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center.

2. When the points are combined can I then book the reservation online or do I have to call ?

A World of Hyatt Point Combining Request Form must be completed and signed by both World of Hyatt members and submitted to World of Hyatt Customer Service.

3. If I email the form back can I just "sign" both names by filling them in on the signature line?

I was going to book 5 nights in my name and then have my dad call and book 2 more in my name using his Hyatt points but I imagine having only one reservation would be easier.

My questions are based on what I read on the transfer form..........Thanks

platbrownguy Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

1. You can transfer as many points as you like, subject to the once per 30 days restriction. I do it every two months -- my wife has a Hyatt card that she uses for 2x spend at restaurants and Uber, and she transfers those points to me.
2. You can redeem the points just like any other points once they are transferred. Allow a week for the transfer, sometimes it's faster.
3. Yes, just email the form in with a message asking to transfer points. I have even typed "/s/ Firstname Lastname" on the form to avoid printing/signing/scanning and it has been fine.

flyer4512 Jan 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30696706)
1. You can transfer as many points as you like, subject to the once per 30 days restriction. I do it every two months -- my wife has a Hyatt card that she uses for 2x spend at restaurants and Uber, and she transfers those points to me.
2. You can redeem the points just like any other points once they are transferred. Allow a week for the transfer, sometimes it's faster.
3. Yes, just email the form in with a message asking to transfer points. I have even typed "/s/ Firstname Lastname" on the form to avoid printing/signing/scanning and it has been fine.

Thank You

My dad will never use his Hyatt points so you are saying I could just transfer every point in his account ( like 57 K ) to me ?

Brendan Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Yes, 4512, Platbrownguy is saying exactly that! About 10 years ago, we could transfer only the exact number lacking for an award stay, but that rule has long since changed :) ! So go grab Dad's points in one fell swoop!

platbrownguy Jan 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 30696821)
Yes, 4512, Platbrownguy is saying exactly that! About 10 years ago, we could transfer only the exact number lacking for an award stay, but that rule has long since changed :) ! So go grab Dad's points in one fell swoop!

+1

There is still language with various rules/restrictions on the transfer form, but none of that has been enforced in ages. Except the once per 30 days rule. Presumably because it's actually a manual process that requires a human to transfer the points and then type you a reply email confirming that it has been done.

Stgermainparis Aug 22, 2019 7:58 am

I have a similar question. My dad has beaucoup UR points. He's going to give me 100k for a Hyatt booking. Is the easiest (or perhaps only viable) route to transfer to his own Hyatt account and then email the Hyatt point transfer form to have those points transferred to me? Any easier way to transfer UR points to me? I am not a member of his household nor an AU on his cards.

toomanybooks Aug 23, 2019 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 31443766)
I have a similar question. My dad has beaucoup UR points. He's going to give me 100k for a Hyatt booking. Is the easiest (or perhaps only viable) route to transfer to his own Hyatt account and then email the Hyatt point transfer form to have those points transferred to me? Any easier way to transfer UR points to me? I am not a member of his household nor an AU on his cards.

See if the following language is still on the form:

“Member may combine the necessary number of points from their World of Hyatt account with those in one other specically designated World of Hyatt account in order to have a sufficient number of points to redeem a particular award.”

If so, him transferring the exact number of points needed for a specific reservation in theory should be fine.

Brendan Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm

TMB, that is old language or is routinely ignored. Nowadays any number of Hyatt points may be transferred.

Stgermainparis Sep 1, 2019 1:25 pm

Any DP re typical amount of time for point transfer?

Biggie Fries Sep 3, 2019 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 31480048)
Any DP re typical amount of time for point transfer?

Earlier this year:
  1. Submitted the rococo form by e-mail on a Thursday evening (EST)
  2. Points were transferred the following Monday (i.e., 2nd business day) and I received a confirmation e-mail that (Monday) evening as well.
I submitted the form as a *.pdf file, with stuff filled in by "typewriting," and the signatures created using one of the Draw features. I.e., the folks signing were not really signing by hand. Worked fine.