Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:14 pm

I don't really know how to assess the occupancy as I tend to be working so leave early and return late, so anecdotal factors that suggest high occupancy (length of wait time for elevators, lines at front desk, busy gymnasium) tend not to be an issue for me. My criticism with the $700 rate is that the market in NYC at that price offers several options with IMO better hard and soft product than the Parker Meridien was then providing. YMMV, of course.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:18 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't even know what you're disagreeing about . . . that the property's website currently makes no reference to the Hyatt affiliation? That's not disputable. That the property will provide full Hyatt benefits as of right now? Sorry, you're just speculating there, and Hyatt's only response so far is directly to the contrary.
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

Originally Posted by 59Impala
this will be my last response
what I am saying is, that if on hyatt.com you are booking the HYATT Parker, then that it is a Hyatt branded hotel and the benefits would apply. I see no reason why they should not.
I actually don't care in this case, if the "parker hotel" has an own web site or not.
It's branded as a HYATT.

but doesn't matter, I^m not traveling there

Still curious what a call to the gm would reveal on this....
So it is not my last response to this topic .
Hyatt benefits will be honored according to WOH T&C, confirmed by Hyatt.
This screenshot is taken from WFTW: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...atest-victory/

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I checked a LOT of dates over the next few months and find zero award availability.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I checked a LOT of dates over the next few months and find zero award availability.
They haven't even been assigned an award category yet.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What are Thompson Hotels? Will Hyatt treat it as a separate brand, perhaps with its own rules and brand standards?
Thompson Hotels are nice, modern and upscale. They are an existing brand under Two Roads, which Hyatt acquired. I'd assume Hyatt will continue the Thompson brand as it has a very decent cache in circles it targets. WoH benefits will be something to watch.

Glad to see The Parker will eventually become a Thompson.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Thompson Hotels are nice, modern and upscale. They are an existing brand under Two Roads, which Hyatt acquired. I'd assume Hyatt will continue the Thompson brand as it has a very decent cache in circles it targets. WoH benefits will be something to watch.

Glad to see The Parker will eventually become a Thompson.
We will see how long the Thompson brand lasts. Publicly they have said they are keeping the brands but that could be just to satisfy the existing owners. Hyatt is notably NOT advertising the new brands on its development website.... https://www.hyatt.com/development/ and the upcoming additions appear to be deals negotiated/signed before the acquisition.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
We will see how long the Thompson brand lasts. Publicly they have said they are keeping the brands but that could be just to satisfy the existing owners. Hyatt is notably NOT advertising the new brands on its development website.... https://www.hyatt.com/development/ and the upcoming additions appear to be deals negotiated/signed before the acquisition.
Likely because Hyatt hasn't added anything about the Two Roads brands on their website yet as they are still integrating.

Hyatt would not call this their flagship hotel for the Thompson brand when it reopens in more than two years, if they have no plans on keeping the brand.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Hyatt would not call this their flagship hotel for the Thompson brand when it reopens in more than two years, if they have no plans on keeping the brand.
Only time will tell, but one would imagine that Hyatt is looking to expand the Thompson brand - otherwise, the Parker could've just as easily been a Regency.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by jxwo
Only time will tell, but one would imagine that Hyatt is looking to expand the Thompson brand - otherwise, the Parker could've just as easily been a Regency.
The sale of this property happened before the Two Roads acquisition finalized. One would think the new buyer was in negotiations with Two Roads even before the sale occurred. Another way to look at this is Hyatt is fulfilling existing contracts but not entering into any new ones.

Yes time will tell, but keeping Thompson (a brand with about TEN properties total), including marketing expenses for a brand almost nobody has heard of, especially when these hotels could easily be Regency's or Centric's or Andaz's, doesn't make a ton of sense.... Centric/Andaz/even Park Hyatt are smallish brands already that could use a lot more build out.... and lots these properties could eventually fit nicely into one these three.

I really don't think acquiring Two Roads was about adding brands (but they will promote it any way they can) - it was about adding footprint and properties. If they still are NOT marketing the Two Roads brands on the Hyatt Development website in, say, six months, I think we will know the answer (and adding the brands there is vastly simpler than adding them into Hyatt.com.)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The Parker Meridien was the second hotel that I used when I first visited NYC more than 3 decades ago. It has remained one of my favorites and never disappoints. Over the years I was often upgraded (with low/no status) to the junior suites which are spacious compared to many NYC properties. The location is great for both tourists and business travelers and is reasonably convenient to various East and West side subway stops. Have never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants and of course there are many options nearby as well as plenty of 24/7 convenience stores on 6th. While I wouldn't pay $700 to stay here (heck I have never paid > $300/nt to stay anywhere) it is good to have another Hyatt option as I am not enamored with the location of the Andaz 5th or the Grand Central Hyatt (though the former has great rooms).
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Parker NYC

I was searching for NYC hotels and it seems that the former Le Parker Meridien is now a Hyatt hotel but you cannot redeem points for it. Seems really strange. Anyone have more info on this?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I was confused on this too. I stayed there twice last summer. Liked it more than when it was Le Meridian. I was told then it was a small leading hotel of world and even filled out form to become member which I never got. But when I checked with LSH yesterday to check price difference with Hyatt, they said it wasn't LSH. Odd.

I only see it on Hyatt site.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
It would be fantastic if the Old Palm Springs Parker would become Hyatt. Not sure who it belongs to now that it’s not a Starwood/ Marriot property
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
No complaints whatsoever last week as a Globalist. Upgraded to a Junior Suite and amazing full restaurant breakfast ($63 including tip) was complimentary.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by martinplas
It would be fantastic if the Old Palm Springs Parker would become Hyatt. Not sure who it belongs to now that it’s not a Starwood/ Marriot property
They are part of Leading Hotels of the World. Running a generous promo last time I was there with sign up for status that gave a pre-arrival upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.