Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I was checking out hotels for February in NYC and found this one. Is this new? Never stayed there before, but the Burger Joint is great and the location is pretty good.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ne...new-york/lgatp

I ended up booking the Grand Hyatt - hard to beat $144 a night - but I'm always down for a new NYC option.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:31 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I was checking out hotels for February in NYC and found this one. Is this new? Never stayed there before, but the Burger Joint is great and the location is pretty good.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ne...new-york/lgatp

I ended up booking the Grand Hyatt - hard to beat $144 a night - but I'm always down for a new NYC option.
interesting... never heard of it. Never saw an announcement... must be very new. Web page extremely basic. No real description of the rooms....And another option for the 5 brands free night award. There are not many pure “Hyatt” branded hotels.

thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
This was the old Parker Le Meridien SPG/Marriott hotel. It is a good option and nice to be part of the Hyatt family now.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks interesting. I'll give it a try the next time I'm in NY. I was not too impressed with the GH last time. I'm still looking for a go-to hotel in NY.

They don't even seem to have a category yet (at least, it doesn't show up on the app). Must be a new addition to Hyatt?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
This was the old Parker Le Meridien SPG/Marriott hotel. It is a good option and nice to be part of the Hyatt family now.
I seem to recall this being one of the first SPG properties in NYC to implement a resort charge/destination fee... and one of the properties that SPG sued over alleged fraud with its award reimbursements.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:15 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I just looked at this property for a stay in July. The Parker was more than 4 times as much as the GH - $680 vs $160 ! The PH was less than the Parker, at "only" $635 ...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
This is the hotel that got caught by SPG claiming higher occupancy levels than they really had to get higher reimbursement from award reservations.

They also famously had the worst comp breakfast for Platinums, offering only a coffee and croissant from their coffee bar. Didin't allow anything from their restaurant.

So it will be interesting to see what they try to do for the Globalist Breakfast benefit.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was related to the Parker Palm Springs, right?

I wish that one would go Hyatt . . .
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
This is the hotel that got caught by SPG claiming higher occupancy levels than they really had to get higher reimbursement from award reservations.

They also famously had the worst comp breakfast for Platinums, offering only a coffee and croissant from their coffee bar. Didin't allow anything from their restaurant.

So it will be interesting to see what they try to do for the Globalist Breakfast benefit.
Yep. I have no interest at all in seeing how poorly they intend to treat elites...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Definitely interesting. But yeah, those rates are really high. Would definitely be interesting to see the category, and which suites are standard.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jameswes
Definitely interesting. But yeah, those rates are really high. Would definitely be interesting to see the category, and which suites are standard.
I searched for dates next month (Feb 19-26, chosen randomly) and I saw $228, which is not bad at all by NYC standards. The GH was $152 though so I guess it's a slow time. Then again the Andaz 5th Av was $350, so without knowing how this place stacks up relative to the other hotels, it's hard to say if this is "expensive" or not.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Surprising. Which Hyatt brand is this under?

Owners, in addition to being caught in a blatant fraud, also refused to renovate to meet SPG/Marriott brand standards. Personally I would not consider it.
francophile, cozysuite and pageboy like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee

Owners, in addition to being caught in a blatant fraud, also refused to renovate to meet SPG/Marriott brand standards. Personally I would not consider it.
Or there were other considerations. This is being discussed today in the Starriott forum threads about SPG properties leaving Marriott.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting re-flag. This is practically across the street from Park Hyatt.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe it's just "Hyatt" (which is a brand that I don't have in brand explorer yet -- it would get me to 10. I'm missing Miraval, Hyatt, Zilara, and HRC).

At least, that's what it says in the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.