Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Question for Explorists - Do you ever get upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for Explorists - Do you ever get upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
PHNY last month - 1 night stay (on points, pre-devaluation) upgraded from King Bed to King Bed City View
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:06 pm

As an explorist, I think my upgrades have been right on point, to highest level aside from suites. Generally high level floor with a view, sometimes corner. I actually got a nice suite
​​​upgrade once on my honey moon at the Hyatt centric in Waikiki.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
March/April data points

Andaz Shanghai - Prive - booked base room, 24-hour response with 1 category upgrade to 1 King View, received 1 King Corner upon check in, prompting was needed. 1 King Bed Deluxe (best non suite room) was available for sale but we were denied it after multiple escalations. Still in the process of further post-stay escalation regarding this policy violation.

can you please elaborate what prompting would be like? Like ask them for a specific room that you see available on the website for cash pay? What do you mean escalation and policy violation? Are you saying that the available for sale but not upgrade was a violation?

I feel like this happened to me recent at Madeleine Paris. Frustrating and disappointing. What was your ultimate outcome?

Also is preconfirm a common thing for us to do? Like do we communicate with WOH ahead of stay to ask for upgrade? Is this the “prompting”?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
As an Explorist, I was often upgraded to a better room (King bed, higher floor) at the hotels where I stayed on a regular basis (HH, HP). Not much of a difference at these hotels after I made Globalist, but much better luck with room upgrades at the higher-end properties. Suite upgrades are a rare surprise, though.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:00 pm

When I was an explorist I usually would text the hotel prior asking for a specific room upgrade. It worked about 60% of the time. This depends on how busy the hotel is and of course if that room is still available during check in. I requested a suite at the Grand Hyatt Nashville one time having only booked a king bed room cash and received their most expensive suite "Broadway Corner View Suite". It was for only for 1 night so that significantly contributed to getting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.