Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Question for Explorists - Do you ever get upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for Explorists - Do you ever get upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: CI Emerald. Marriott Plat. Hyatt Globalist.
Booked entry rooms for GH Shanghai & HR Wangjing, upgraded to highest non-suite rooms at check-in. Booked one night at HR Suzhou, upgraded to Club King room w view.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
GH DFW - received a nice suite on the 8th floor yesterday

Caveat I arrived near midnight and it was a 1 night stay

Hope this is a taste of things to come as a Globalist (next week)!
CMK10 and ZBigFam like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
“Upgraded” at Hyatt Place Fresno (Vegas road trip) to their largest room (accessible room so much larger than normal room) even though Hyatt Place doesn’t have suites. It may also have been because of the good review I gave them on Yelp the previous stay. Who knows. Front desk staff specifically mentioned with pride that it was “their best room”.

Just upgraded tonight on our Disneyland stay at the Hyatt House Anaheim from a regular suite to a suite with view (of the fireworks). I wasn’t sure if Explorist would get me any upgrades when we booked a suite, since it explicitly says “excluding suites”; but they did. We originally didn’t book one with a view because we didn’t think we were going to arrive early enough to see the fireworks from our room — but we did, and it was super exciting for our three year old. And I had checked in on the app, not in person, which made it even more interesting.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Park Hyatt in Melbourne upgraded me to a suite and Grant Hyatt Melbourne upgraded by 7 night stay to a suite. I'm explorist.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just left HC Waikiki as an Explorist was upgraded to a “Penthouse Room” on the 21st floor.

Room was very nice, but felt small (not sure if that’s just how HC makes them seem), other than that was quaint and well put together. Definitely not a Suite Upgrade, but I would think it was a preferred Room.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
March/April data points

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile ...
2Q/3Q19 data points:

GH Berlin - booked base room, Prive rate, applied a cert. Got club floor room with panoramic view. Didn't mention existence of larger (deluxe) room, didn't bother to ask.

HP Heathrow - booked base room, got a high floor runway view room (is that even an upgrade?). Funny enough got a cake with a congratulations message. I requalified Explorist before that stay / my birthday was later that month, I have no idea what prompted that to be honest. Decent hotel TBH

PH Milan - booked base room P+C, upgraded 1 category to Deluxe room overlooking Galleria on high floor. Best room was available, but did not ask. Didn't seem accommodating to Explorists/generous on upgrades as was quite sternly offered either checking in now with no upgrade or waiting til 3pm for the standard 1 category upgraded room.

HR Churchill - booked base room with club cert, upgraded to best non-suite room. Great front desk and lounge, horrible housekeeping (walked in on DND twice)

PH Dubai - booked base room with Prive rate, upgraded to top floor standard suite. No intervention was needed. 4pm checkout was also extended. Awesome

Centric Tokyo - booked base room with points, upgraded to best non-suite room. However didn't get the room until 6pm and was phoned to leave thrice after 2pm...poor service.

PH Beijing - booked base room with Prive, upgraded 1 category to view room. Upon prompting got reassigned corner room (best non-suite room), albeit on lowest floor.

PH Sydney - booked one night with points and another with Prive, no pre-confirmed upgrade even for the Prive night (despite what seemed to be <20% occupancy lol). At check in was given Opera view room (2 / 1 category up) by default, asked and was moved to Opera Deluxe Premium (best non-suite room). Property with stunning hardware, service not so much.

HR Tokyo - booked one night with FN cert, auto upgraded to best non-club non-suite room

PH Tokyo - booked Governors-Governors-Park-Governors suite, upgraded by FD without prompting to Tokyo Suite for all 4 nights. Nuff said. PHT is just in its own league.

PH Shenzhen - booked base room, upgraded 1 category. Better rooms were available. Hopeless service/FD, refused to upgrade further.

HC Hong Kong - booked best suite, N/A extra for Explorist

HR Hong Kong TST - booked base room with Prive, received best non-suite room without prompting

GH HK - booked standard suite, got upgraded 1 category to premium suite (just same suite on higher floor), handwritten card, wine, fruit plate, snacks etc preset on arrival, early check in granted at 11am
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
2Q/3Q19 data points:
Are these as a Globalist or Exploris?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Hydro88
Are these as a Globalist or Exploris?
All as Explorist (before I hit globalist.)
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Some nice non-suite rooms as an Explorist at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix (end of the hallway with a sitting area) and Gild Hall (a large-ish for NY handicapped room).
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: CX GO, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, World of Hyatt Globalist & M life Gold
Upgraded to 1 King Corner Room (/w Tower View) at PH Beijing last month
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:14 am

I remember several pretty good (and unexpected) upgrades as a Gold Passport platinum several years ago. Back then, I averaged maybe 12-15 Hyatt nights per year. For the past couple of years though, I've reached the 30 nights needed for Explorist. Most of my stays are at HP or HH properties, so other than getting high floor rooms at HP or larger 2-room suites at HH, the upgrades that stand out the most since that time have been upgrades to ocean view rooms at the GH Playa and the Andaz Mayakoba. I was also upgraded to an executive suite at the HR Seattle, and junior suites at the HR Bellevue and HR Vancouver. There may have been more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Overall, I like the benefits and take full advantage of the club access awards and the free cat 1-4 night. I also like that Hyatt gives you two club access awards now once you hit 20 nights (for the years that I might not hit 30.)
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA
I've been upgraded as a discoverist and an explorist. Never a suite but often to a larger preferred room above the category I reserved. Especially if i am a return visitor. I have never been a globalist
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:19 pm

2Q/3Q19 data points:

GH Berlin - booked base room, Prive rate, applied a cert. Got club floor room with panoramic view. Didn't mention existence of larger (deluxe) room, didn't bother to ask.
GH Berlin treats Elites really really well.

1. stay as base member, I needed late check out and was granted
2. stay as Discoverist, booked room without breakfast, was given breakfast for free
3. stay as Discoverist, booked two rooms one through Hyatt and one with Amex travel, was given lounge access for both rooms
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by IanDao
GH Berlin treats Elites really really well.

1. stay as base member, I needed late check out and was granted
2. stay as Discoverist, booked room without breakfast, was given breakfast for free
3. stay as Discoverist, booked two rooms one through Hyatt and one with Amex travel, was given lounge access for both rooms
Actually all German properties are nice to the elites. At some of them you will get upgrades just as being a Discoverist. Especially in Cologne. Most get River View Rooms with a nice view to the cathedral. There is no hotel in Cologne with such a nice view.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
HH - Dallas/Addison

Checking in, the person at the FD was only going to give us a standard One King Suite (it’s an all Suite HH). Didn’t mention Hyatt Status at all (usually they say thank you for your loyalty etc.), Looked online saw an upgraded room was available for the dates and asked. He seemed a bit put off, but said let me check, then okay it’ll be ready in three hours, but ultimately worth the wait. Went to lunch, shopping and came back to a nicer room. Prior to the stay even called WOH and asked them to put a note requesting an upgrade based on status. Even though it’s not guaranteed at HH asking always helps. Also, they did not mention welcome amenity (Free water, snacks) had to ask about it. Other than that the room is very spacious, but you can tell it’s been here awhile. Overall for a HH (4.5/5). One weird thing I noticed was that FD was really pushing not getting the room serviced during the stay for an additional 250 points (my valuation on that is $2.50 a day). I don’t think the upgrade would’ve happened without Status, even though they didn’t mention status but it’s obviously on their screen what WOH status you are, especially if it’s a points booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.