FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Is there a list of properties that don't participate in TSUs? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1950770-there-list-properties-dont-participate-tsus.html)

ZBigFam Jan 13, 2019 10:39 am

Is there a list of properties that don't participate in TSUs?

Have been searching and looking at woh terms without luck, if anyone has a list to share it would be appreciated!!

Aventine Jan 13, 2019 11:02 am

Andaz Tokyo
Hyatt Regency Kyoto

ZBigFam Jan 13, 2019 11:57 am

Thanks, is there any complete list of that can be referenced ? I guess we can just compile here if not.

59Impala Jan 13, 2019 12:04 pm

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...erms.html#/IIB

3. Suite Free Night Awards: Free Night Awards for suite accommodation (“Suite Free Night Awards”) are subject to availability and are only valid for the type of suite specified by the applicable award at the time of redemption. Suite Free Night Awards may be redeemable for Standard Suites, or Premium Suites, as specified in the terms governing the applicable award. For purposes of these Terms, “Standard Suites” is defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category. “Premium Suites” is defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s suite category immediately above Standard Suites, but excludes any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suite or similar suite categories (each as designated by the applicable hotel or resort). Where a Suite Free Night Award does not expressly specify the type of suite for which it is redeemable, the award will be redeemable only for Standard Suites unless Hyatt, in its sole discretion, permits otherwise. At Hyatt House hotels and Hyatt Residence Club resorts, Suite Free Night Awards are valid for accommodations in the room category immediately above standard room unless another class of room is expressly specified in connection with the applicable award. No Suite Free Night Award is valid at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Paris Madeleine, Hyatt Herald Square New York, Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt City of Dreams Manila, Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami, Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort, Hyatt Rosemont, Hyatt Place hotels, or M life Rewards destinations. (These properties are referred to collectively in these Terms as the “Suite Award Ineligible Properties.”) In addition, Suite Free Night Awards for Premium Suites are not valid at Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Zilara hotels and resorts or at any hotel and resort that does not have Premium Suites (even if such hotel or resort has Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suite or similar suite categories). Suite Free Night Awards for Premium Suites may be booked only by contacting Hyatt’s central reservation service. (Please see hyatt.com for contact information.)

Kacee Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm

The real head-scratcher there is Hyatt Regency Wichita. Hard to imagine folks are beating down the doors to apply their TSUs there ;)

dpb132 Jan 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30650253)
The real head-scratcher there is Hyatt Regency Wichita. Hard to imagine folks are beating down the doors to apply their TSUs there ;)

LOL I know. I also like how HR Wichita follows HR Kyoto on this list, as if they are remotely on par.

I believe HR Tulsa used to be on this list as well. Not sure what changed so that they now allow TSUs.

Aventine Jan 13, 2019 7:27 pm

A true resort on the Prairies.

nexusCFX Jan 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 30649340)
Andaz Tokyo
Hyatt Regency Kyoto

When I learned of Hyatt's suite upgrades with points on paid stays these are literally the first two hotels I checked. It was quite disappointing. Is it really necessary to have a full on blackout? I'm sure those suites spend a lot of time empty in August.

Aventine Jan 14, 2019 12:03 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30651584)
When I learned of Hyatt's suite upgrades with points on paid stays these are literally the first two hotels I checked. It was quite disappointing. Is it really necessary to have a full on blackout? I'm sure those suites spend a lot of time empty in August.

No. They actually get bought and paid for by affluent Japanese. I was at HR Kyoto for New Years and families were occupying the Garden level Regency suites over many days.

stvr Jan 14, 2019 12:32 am

Hyatt Santa Barbara used to be on this list, I believe. Nice to see them whittling it down.

MSPeconomist Jan 14, 2019 2:12 am

The story I heard to "explain" this is that the hotel has some special deal/relation with the local (city) government that might own the place or maybe just the land under it. It didn't make sense to me, but this is what I was told. Maybe they want visiting government officials to get their suites. IIRC at the time, Diamonds also weren't entitled to free suite upgrades if available either.

I was there several years ago and at the time it looked like they had just closed their club lounge (for good) as I walked past a room on the top floor that had lounge-type furniture, etc. I remember the restaurant breakfast from the menu as being rather good.

Overall IMO it's a better hotel than one would expect to find in Wichita, and in a good location.

Aventine Jan 14, 2019 2:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30651850)
The story I heard to "explain" this is that the hotel has some special deal/relation with the local (city) government that might own the place or maybe just the land under it. It didn't make sense to me, but this is what I was told. Maybe they want visiting government officials to get their suites. IIRC at the time, Diamonds also weren't entitled to free suite upgrades if available either.

I was there several years ago and at the time it looked like they had just closed their club lounge (for good) as I walked past a room on the top floor that had lounge-type furniture, etc. I remember the restaurant breakfast from the menu as being rather good.

Overall IMO it's a better hotel than one would expect to find in Wichita, and in a good location.

This is similar to HR Tashkent that is also government owned. They keep the premium suites for VVIPs and high government officials. You only get Regency suites that have seen a lot of wear and tear.

mixmastermark Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am

With the exception of those premium rate garnering properties, could come down to a few properties not having many suites on site (i.e Andaz Scottsdale before their remodel)

Just stayed at the HR Kyoto over Xmas, and although their suites were booked, they upgraded me to a gorgeous 645 sq ft Balcony Deluxe, which was definitely a beautiful suite in every way except in name.

Pretty sure Hyatt Herald Square in NYC does not have suites at all on property, and their Deluxe rooms are still quite small.

Do Hyatt Centric/Hyatt Places typically have suites? I haven't stayed in those in some time.

Kacee Jan 14, 2019 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mixmastermark (Post 30652616)
Pretty sure Hyatt Herald Square in NYC does not have suites at all on property, and their Deluxe rooms are still quite small.

They have one suite.

nexusCFX Jan 14, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 30651661)
No. They actually get bought and paid for by affluent Japanese. I was at HR Kyoto for New Years and families were occupying the Garden level Regency suites over many days.

Of course they were occupied during New Years. Nobody visits Kyoto in August though.