Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Upgrade all-inclusive award stay with cash? Zilara

Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

Booked a few nights at the Zilara in Rose Hall at 25k a piece. I know you can book standard and premium suites directly with points, and I know you can upgrade paid stays with points, but has anyone had luck upgrading an award stay with extra cash? I can see how this might not fly in the US, but a lot of other places I've been to in Jamaica and rest of the Caribbean are amenable, in general, to a little cash and a handshake upgrade at check-in.

So.. any luck upgrading an award stay with cash at the Zilara? Or at other Hyatts in general?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:05 pm

Email them. PH Maldives is known to do this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:30 pm

If theyve got upgrades to sell they most definitely will.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:30 pm

Do you have status? We stayed at zilara on award and was comp upgraded to one bedroom suite.
But it's worth a call
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Discoverist, which did one time get us a nicer room at the Hyatt Regency Hakone, but hasn't been worth much otherwise. I'll send them an e-mail and see what happens!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Do you have status? We stayed at zilara on award and was comp upgraded to one bedroom suite.
But it's worth a call
What status did you have?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:41 am

Not sure which it was diamond or now globalist.
know at most it has helped. We (4) stayed 2 thanksgivings ago at zilara rose hall. Used 2 chase award nights don't remember other nights. Well it was a bit chaotic at airport meeting area -- we didn't cogent hotel checkin their as expected and needed to do so at hotel. Advice, if it's going to be a long wait to get the comp shuttle over to hotel, hop a taxi and just deal with it on site. Hotel is very close and unless things have changed a little over year ago I'd do this, especially if you're looking for paid upgrade.
hope this helps.
we just got back from
anymore questions please pm me
(we've been to all ziva zilara -- just returned from 6 nights at ziva Cancun) and have mixed feelings about rose hall - depending on your expectations
carolyn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.