Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalists should avoid Grand Hyatt Singapore (No restaurant breakfast offered)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalists should avoid Grand Hyatt Singapore (No restaurant breakfast offered)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
...........Maybe you just complain a ton so they give to you to keep you quiet?.......
That's probably, unfortunately, the truth.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ORD_UA1K
Taipei (twice), ... all on points redemptions and was still able to go to the main restaurant. The breakfast in Taipei is our favorite.
We've stayed at GH Taipei twice as Gobs and breakfast in the restaurant was never offered. Other posters in the GH Taipei have also said that restaurant breakfast has not been offered as a Diamond/Globalist benefit.

You sure must be someone special.
NJNY likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Raising qual bar to 60 nts and then going cheap over $10 perk for top customers seems incredibly foolish to me...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I've gotten breakfast in the main area in the GH Berlin, GH Bangkok, and maybe a couple of others. But I don't go in expecting it, although I may ask about it. This is not a published benefit so it's more of a courtesy from the hotel.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Raising qual bar to 60 nts and then going cheap over $10 perk for top customers seems incredibly foolish to me...
Not the issue here at all. While I agree they could offer restaurant breakfast at all times (although they already do at Parks effectively), the issue here is the expectation of something that is just not a benefit.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Been there twice in the last month.
Good lounge breakfast. Also a Globalist.
I found them extremely accommodating.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
In Asia Marriott and Hilton are very generous with Lounge it Restaurant. Hyatt has always had a weakness here. In Doha I was told 10% discount if I eat downstairs but the lounge was excellent. Bangkok Grand Hyatt lounge not so great but they always let me eat downstairs. All other Hyatt’s in Asia with a lounge have denied breakfast in the lobby.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
overentitled
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What a waste of a thread. Somebody get this joker a copy of his Globalist benefits so he can stop with the over-entitled childish bickering.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by azepine00
As others have mentioned, this is not and has never been an official benefit in cases where the restaurant has a lounge.

Also, this is NOT a "$10" perk. When eating in the restaurant for four, I don't think I've seen a Hyatt where the buffet (or otherwise full breakfast) comes out at less than $100 with tip. I think that it is a fantastic perk that Hyatt provides, and it's something that differentiates them from everyone else. But I really don't feel that they are foolish or stupid for not providing both lounge access and restaurant breakfast for globalists.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aero0729
In Asia Marriott and Hilton are very generous with Lounge it Restaurant.
Marriott? Seriously? If a Marriott has a lounge, Platinum breakfast is in the lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I stayed here for a night in September 2017 and did get a confirmed suite upgrade thanks my status at the time.

Despite hearing a lot of good things about this property on the various blogs, I was disappointed. I thought it was very tired and a good 5 years overdue for a renovation. Even the pool area, which was very busy, was kind of dilapidated. The suite was fine, but the bathroom looked original to the hotel's construction. The lounge offering at night was also kind of basic, to be honest. The J.W. Marriott in Singapore's lounge spread was, by far, better.

I thought I heard about a renovation so I don't know if it's started or if it has finished.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Marriott? Seriously? If a Marriott has a lounge, Platinum breakfast is in the lounge.
Both the Marriott and the J.W. Marriott in Singapore allow top-level elites to have breakfast either in the lounge or the full buffet in the restaurant.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've stayed at the Shanghai Marriott City Centre many, many, many times and have always been given the option of eating in the lounge or in the restaurant. I always opt for the restaurant. I've been offered the same at almost all Asian Marriot/Starwood properties in Asia.

As far as the thread goes, I've stayed at a lot of different hotels in Asia as a top tier elite. While there is no hotel loyalty program that has a written guarantee of a choice between lounge and restaurant breakfast, that has been fairly standard among the properties that I've stayed at. I don't recall what percentage were Hyatts, but it was pretty common among Asian Marriotts and Starwood properties.

While many here seem confused with the OP's complaint about this particular property, it's a pretty common practice in Asia for top tier elites at comparable hotels. What the OP was stating is that the particular property's competition is offering more amenities as a standard to top tier elites - I understand that completely, especially since lounge choices are almost always more limited than in the restaurant.
Applying this same concept to rental car companies, I had a string of Avis rentals where I was given crappy Nissan Versas and wasn't able to trade for something else. Now Hertz gets almost all of my business. Avis met the standard, but Hertz was more accommodating.

If Flyertalkers are OK with lounge breakfasts when the Marriott/Hilton properties down the road are giving their Plats/Diamonds the option of restaurant or lounge breakfast, that's fine. Personally, I think that this type of thread is exactly why Flyertalk exists - to let others know where they're not getting as good benefits as they could at another similar property down the street.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We've stayed at GH Taipei twice as Gobs and breakfast in the restaurant was never offered. Other posters in the GH Taipei have also said that restaurant breakfast has not been offered as a Diamond/Globalist benefit.

You sure must be someone special.
Many hotels will provide it if you ask. There's no guarantee of course, but it is not unheard of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.