FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Miraval Austin - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1948585-miraval-austin-master-thread.html)

cevawn33 Jan 1, 2019 7:40 pm

Miraval Austin - MASTER THREAD

Back in November a friend and I decided we wanted to go to Miraval in January. We originally tried Arizona, but there was something about it being full or some sort of issue why it wasn't good to book. I don't quite remember but it could be because we were booking on points. Because of that we decided to book Miraval Austin which was supposed to open back in November, and we thought the kinks would be worked out by when we were going. We did call and book with points, and our reservation is in their system. The place did not open in November or December, and I'm not sure if it is open now. I have not seen an opening date posted other than January 2019. The dates we have as going are later in January and are listed as available but now the rooms say the stay is not considered full service. I'm getting nervous that it might not be opened at all by the time we go, or if it is open it will not be the experience we were looking for since it would be considered a limited opening. I'm not sure how to proceed here. Our flights are already booked. Should we just hang in their and hope it opens, try to find someone at the resort who can explain if it will be opening and what happens if it doesn't open, try to see if they do open if we can get a discount since its limited service. Any help would be appreciated. I've stayed at many hotels, but never been in this situation.

VegasGambler Jan 2, 2019 12:58 am

Welcome to Flyertalk!

I seriously doubt that Hyatt would take care of your airline change/cancellation fees in this situation (although it can't hurt to ask). Travel insurance might (I'm not sure if you have it).

Another option is just to turn it into a vacation in Austin. It's a really cool city with a lot to do and see (and eat and drink). I was there for a week around Thanksgiving and had a great time. Obviously it will be a very different vacation, but it can still be a good time and sure beats wasting your airfare.

The Driskill is a very cool, historic hotel if you are looking for somewhere else to stay.

JetAway Jan 3, 2019 7:28 am

As suggested above, Austin, San Antonio and the beautiful Texas Hill Country make a wonderful vacation sans Miraval. Just go and enjoy.

Zelucifer Jan 3, 2019 10:06 am

Have you considered calling, or even just tweeting Hyatt Concierge? They should be able to help you.

59Impala Feb 6, 2019 3:54 am

Originally Posted by cevawn33 (Post 30597313)
Back in November a friend and I decided we wanted to go to Miraval in January. We originally tried Arizona, but there was something about it being full or some sort of issue why it wasn't good to book. I don't quite remember but it could be because we were booking on points. Because of that we decided to book Miraval Austin which was supposed to open back in November, and we thought the kinks would be worked out by when we were going. We did call and book with points, and our reservation is in their system. The place did not open in November or December, and I'm not sure if it is open now. I have not seen an opening date posted other than January 2019. The dates we have as going are later in January and are listed as available but now the rooms say the stay is not considered full service. I'm getting nervous that it might not be opened at all by the time we go, or if it is open it will not be the experience we were looking for since it would be considered a limited opening. I'm not sure how to proceed here. Our flights are already booked. Should we just hang in their and hope it opens, try to find someone at the resort who can explain if it will be opening and what happens if it doesn't open, try to see if they do open if we can get a discount since its limited service. Any help would be appreciated. I've stayed at many hotels, but never been in this situation.

i understand the resort is now open.
tried figuring out pricing, but the website seems not to want to accept bookings. Extremely difficult to find prices, keep looping around...

here the press release

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123791

VegasGambler Feb 6, 2019 2:43 pm

There's another thread that talks about this (I think the CC thread). You can book on the property's website but not through Hyatt.

The reason that it was brought up in the CC thread is that there is a "$250 statement credit for spending $500 at Miraval" promo for the Hyatt CC, which is good for all of 2019 (one-time only per customer)

yerffej201 Nov 10, 2019 12:43 am

Is there an official review thread? are there any recent reviews?

Matt4200 Nov 10, 2019 2:00 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 31720869)
Is there an official review thread? are there any recent reviews?

Nope.

Also, it’s really strange it’s not bookable through Hyatt. I stayed at Miraval Arizona last year and booked with points through the Hyatt app...

yerffej201 Nov 10, 2019 1:19 pm

It's certainly open, so a mod should change it. I think you have to call in to book.

TheTravelPlaybook Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am

I was able to stay at the resort shortly after they re-opened from their pandemic closure. I'm a Hyatt Globalist, and saved over $200 off the resort fee for my stay, as well as an upgrade to the Austin Suite at the resort. We loved all the classes (de-stress class, morning meditation, yoga, rock climbing, honey tasting, chicken keeping, pasta making) during our ~30 hours on property. The food I thought was heartier and just as delicious as their Tucson property.

I put together a little video of my time on property in case anyone is interested!

makavel Sep 1, 2020 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook (Post 32594372)
I was able to stay at the resort shortly after they re-opened from their pandemic closure. I'm a Hyatt Globalist, and saved over $200 off the resort fee for my stay, as well as an upgrade to the Austin Suite at the resort. We loved all the classes (de-stress class, morning meditation, yoga, rock climbing, honey tasting, chicken keeping, pasta making) during our ~30 hours on property. The food I thought was heartier and just as delicious as their Tucson property.

I put together a little video of my time on property in case anyone is interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13APA-9fE5w

Thanks for this great video! Could you please tell us a bit more about the COVID mitigation strategies that were in place during your visit?

TheTravelPlaybook Sep 1, 2020 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by makavel (Post 32645896)
Thanks for this great video! Could you please tell us a bit more about the COVID mitigation strategies that were in place during your visit?

Plenty being done. Masks required in all indoor spaces and in classes at the time of our visit. Limited class sizes. Spaced out tables at the restaurants. At the time of our visit, lake activities were cancelled. If you can get over the masks and plan ahead with your schedule of activities, you’ll have a great visit.

makavel Sep 2, 2020 8:37 am

Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook (Post 32646344)
Plenty being done. Masks required in all indoor spaces and in classes at the time of our visit. Limited class sizes. Spaced out tables at the restaurants. At the time of our visit, lake activities were cancelled. If you can get over the masks and plan ahead with your schedule of activities, you’ll have a great visit.

I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks so much for that additional information. It sounds like things are being handled very well.

JustinTJ Sep 6, 2020 3:30 pm

I did a 4 day in late August solo. This place is really nice, and the staff is amazing. Covid precautions are good for those concerned without being overbearing (other than doing an indoor workout with a mask). Running around 30-40% capacity at this time.

I was upgraded to a better room with an outdoor shower as explorist on a points reservation with BOGO promotion. Food choice and quality are excellent. Pushed myself to do activities outside of my normal comfort zone, bought in to the wellness vibe, and put my phone in the safe for 4 days. Felt great afterward. Want to go back already.

AndyKehn Sep 6, 2020 3:38 pm

I'm here right now for 4 days. Between the bogo and the 25% rebate, there is no better time to visit Miraval. This is supposed to be a busier week but I rarely saw anybody. The property is spacious and class has maximum 6 people. Everybody wears mask even outdoor and definitely in classes. I have 4 classes with just the instructor, so effectively private session. Equine and archery are my favorite, challenge course is fun, all the yoga activities are beginner friendly. The view is great in the restaurant and the food is healthy and mindful. Small portions allow you to try various dishes. I can't imagine a better way to spend Hyatt points in the US, maybe ventena big sur. Miraval is such a gem among Hyatt brands.