Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Concierge at renewal with 55 nights or did it take 60?

Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB

I received my Globalist notifications, upgrade awards, and night awards as I hit 55 nights, but nothing mentioned the Globalist Concierge.

Is the concierge the one thing that actually takes 60 nights rather than it being automatic with a 55 night renewal (of course, all this goes away next year as we need 60 nights again)?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
No mention of Globalist Concierge in my Globalist notification email from Amy Weinberg either. I requalified with 60 nights in 2018 as I was a Globalist Lite Credit Card in 2017.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I don't know the answer to the 55 vs. 60 question, but the "Welcome to Another Year of Globalist" email I got at 60+ nights doesn't mention anything about a concierge, either.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The mention of concierge came in a different e-mail for me - the one that informed me about the free cat 1-7 night (Subj: You Earned It - Enjoy a Night on Us).
Congratulations on staying 60 qualifying nights this year. We think that's something to celebrate, so enjoy these rewards to help you get the most out of your future travel.
  • One free night in any Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 180 days from issuance)
  • Four suite upgrade awards valid through February 29, 2020 when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award
  • Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge for reservations and personalized service - they'll be reaching out shortly
  • The ability to maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
As Solewalker mentioned it comes with the e-mail informing you about the cat. 1-7 free night.
Mine indicated:
Congratulations on staying 55 qualifying nights this year. We think that's something to celebrate.
This year, you've earned the following rewards because you achieved Globalist status last year by staying 60 qualifying nights or earning 100,000 Base points.
  • One free night in any Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 180 days from issuance)
  • Four suite upgrade awards valid through February 29, 2020 when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award
  • Continued access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge for reservations and personalized service
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:47 am
Suspended

How much lag was there between the "Welcome to Another Year ..." email and the Cat 1-7 email? I have the free night in my account but haven't received any emails.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:13 pm

Got the "cat 1-7..." e-mail one day after the "welcome to another year..." e-mail, but the cat. 1-7 free night was already credited to my account the day before I received the "welcome to another year..." e-mail
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Thanks. I never got the second email.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
As Solewalker mentioned it comes with the e-mail informing you about the cat. 1-7 free night.
Mine indicated:
Congratulations on staying 55 qualifying nights this year. We think that's something to celebrate.
This year, you've earned the following rewards because you achieved Globalist status last year by staying 60 qualifying nights or earning 100,000 Base points.
  • Continued access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge for reservations and personalized service
That doesn't explain much. First it says you qualify on 55 nights; then it says you qualify via 60 nights (or base points).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:39 pm
Suspended

The 55 vs. 60 thing was always dumb, as Hyatt quickly figured out. It goes away next year.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
That doesn't explain much. First it says you qualify on 55 nights; then it says you qualify via 60 nights (or base points).
It says you qualify on 55 nights this year (was 2018), because you achieved 60 nights last year (2017)
JackE likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
What my account shows 1/1/19

55 nights to requalification

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 2, 2019 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Mine shows the same thing (and I'm jealous of your point total because my family and I plow through mine as fast as I can earn it).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My Hyatt Concierge told me that I jusat needed 55 nights this year to keep her.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Thanks. I never got the second email.
Me neither! Still waiting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.