Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:05 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Visconti
Wow, this is a true benefit! Even now, Noir has some significant benefits. I noticed that MLife Plat no longer has access to VIP checkin, which, Noir, of course does. Using the B's Chairman's lounge shouldn't be an issue, if you're staying at the hotel. Just show your Noir card, and that'll be the end of it.

Congrats guys! Just curious, you're all on non-corp rates? In other words, you pay for your own stays, and not reimbursed by an Employer?
i was on corp rates, but for vacation purposes on all nights, hence paid myself.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:09 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinplas

any link for that Noir upgrade or was it targeted

no link, I simply got a mail that I had been upgraded. I checked my m-life profile and it already showed the Noir status.
i will paste a screenshot of the mail later this weekend.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Agh.. I didn't get the email but I did find out my mlife was showing Noir on 12/22 when I was making a reservation for summer.
I thought/hoped this was a system glitch and NOT a match as matched Noir does not qualify for free 7 day cruise.
I have been mlife platinum through matching and gambling for last ten straight years or so.

I am visiting Vegas as of this moment and I did get my card showing expiration of Sep 2020.
59Impala likes this.

Last edited by Alexsth2011; Dec 30, 2018 at 1:25 am
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:17 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinplas
any link for that Noir upgrade or was it targeted
Originally Posted by 59Impala
no link, I simply got a mail that I had been upgraded. I checked my m-life profile and it already showed the Noir status.
i will paste a screenshot of the mail later this weekend.
here a screenshot of the welcome mail:

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone with < 100k base pts this year gotten this? Trying to reverse-engineer the requirements here
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:31 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I too was shocked to receive this offer. Looking forward to trying out the Noir benefits on my next trip to Las Vegas! If I am reading the e-mail T&C's correctly, the status is good through September 2020.
that is my interpretation as well, good through 9/2020, after that status will be re-evaluated. from the T&C:

Complimentary upgrade to the M life Rewards Noir Tier through this exclusive World of Hyatt offer is exclusively for the recipient of this email and is nontransferable. M life Rewards Noir Tier status is automatically updated and is valid through September 30, 2020. M life Rewards Tier Status will be re-evaluated based on criteria and conditions set forth by the M life Rewards program on October 1, 2020. For more information on M life Rewards criteria and benefits, visit https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-rewards-program.html
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:34 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I too was shocked to receive this offer. Looking forward to trying out the Noir benefits on my next trip to Las Vegas! If I am reading the e-mail T&C's correctly, the status is good through September 2020.
@OnAMileHigh - do you have above 100k base points as well? that could be a hint for this offfer.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Has anyone with < 100k base pts this year gotten this? Trying to reverse-engineer the requirements here
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:07 am

wow!!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:18 am

@OnAMileHigh - do you have above 100k base points as well? that could be a hint for this offfer.
I know someone who received the offer with less than 100K points. However, on her way to Glob, she used points & free nights, which qualified for credit this year. She's a high value guest (elite would be the marketing term, I suppose), but I'm not sure how an algorithm can make that sort of determination, given her short activity with WOH & MLife based on the prior couple of years.

From reading the invite, it appears Globs who fit certain criteria from both Hyatt & MLife were targeted. This makes sense, since it would be a disaster if Noir matches weren't surgically chosen. My lord, imagine all Globs running around in Vegas with Noir cards. The Shake Shak VIP line would be longer than the regular one!
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
No comment. As I said in my original post, I am shocked I received this match.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know someone who received the offer with less than 100K points. However, on her way to Glob, she used points & free nights, which qualified for credit this year. She's a high value guest (elite would be the marketing term, I suppose), but I'm not sure how an algorithm can make that sort of determination, given her short activity with WOH & MLife based on the prior couple of years.

From reading the invite, it appears Globs who fit certain criteria from both Hyatt & MLife were targeted. This makes sense, since it would be a disaster if Noir matches weren't surgically chosen. My lord, imagine all Globs running around in Vegas with Noir cards. The Shake Shak VIP line would be longer than the regular one!
Doesn't platinum still get you into all the VIP lines?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Doesn't platinum still get you into all the VIP lines?
standard Glob match is to MLife Gold...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
standard Glob match is to MLife Gold...
A lot of Globalists and even former Diamonds-never-Globalists still have mLife Platinum status. Doesn't mLife Platinum status still get VIP lines? It used to, doesn't it still?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
A lot of Globalists and even former Diamonds-never-Globalists still have mLife Platinum status. Doesn't mLife Platinum status still get VIP lines? It used to, doesn't it still?
Here's what I wrote: From reading the invite, it appears Globs who fit certain criteria from both Hyatt & MLife were targeted. This makes sense, since it would be a disaster if Noir matches weren't surgically chosen. My lord, imagine all Globs running around in Vegas with Noir cards. The Shake Shak VIP line would be longer than the regular one!

A few things:

1. The above refers to Shake Shak specifically.

2. During prior years, the Diamond/Glob match has been to MLife Plat, which is supposed to reset every Oct. The new match is MLife Gold. Whether some WOH members receive the Plat match until perpetuity is another issue entirely.

3. For non-Shake Shak VIP lines, Plat is very similar to Noir. Off the top of my head, Plat doesn't allow for VIP into the MGM Grand VIP checkin, Bellagio, and maybe others.

4. Upon review of the match tiers on MLife, there are some changes. Namely, room upgrades excludes suites (even for Noir), and VIP Lounge checkin is no longer a standard benefit of Plat.

5. Buffet lines? Of course, anyone with an MLife CC or Pearl and above can get into this line. Often here, the regular line may be shorter than the VIP one.

There could be other differences, but this is what comes to mind off the top of my head.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
Found this thread because I was curious why I got it. Checked in as an MLife Gold on 12/27, and was told I had been upgraded to Noir, which was surprising to say the least. After getting to the room, I found the notification from WoH. I am nowhere near the playing levels VG described, and I'm only around 50K base points.

Visconti--thanks for the tip. May try to do that at Caesars. Any chance they can see if I'm a 'fake' Noir? If not, hello Il Mulino.
59Impala likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.