Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Not anymore - I was granted Noir by my host back in 2017 after simply asking for it. I do regularly hit 1mil+ TCs/year, but I never got it near the inception of the program when I was hitting much higher TC counts.

To be honest, Noir isn't that useful anymore other than getting to check-in at the VIP lounges (such as at Bellagio) without needing to be RFBL, and possibly the limo transport.
For someone like me who doesn't gamble even a fraction of the amount (or level) necessary to get Noir (or Seven Stars, etc.) -- and thus my comps tend to be limited to free rooms and a meager dining credit -- the Bellagio & Mandalay Bay lounges, along with the National Harbor parking, are worth much more than the usual World of Hyatt "bonuses" such as small percentages off of "Find" or "Exhale" or "Miraval" "experiences"... and I'm often in Vegas with others who would be impressed by a gold card, so there's the pretending-to-be-a-...... factor.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I also appear to have gotten a Noir match. I wish it would unlock something like cheaper room rates as opposed to limo access, but free is free.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Fascinating. Would you have made platinum with mlife otherwise?

My only explanation that makes sense is Glob + mlife Plat --> noir.
I made gold by both gambling and spending.
I assume they have certain calculation for this Noir upgrade. Glob + gold or plat, spending, and gambling = Noir. Something like that.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by scienm
I made gold by both gambling and spending.
I assume they have certain calculation for this Noir upgrade. Glob + gold or plat, spending, and gambling = Noir. Something like that.

MLIFE gaming PLAT
Globalist This year, qualified next and 8 of last 9 years (previous Diamond)

MLIFE PLAT no upgrade.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
MLIFE gaming PLAT
Globalist This year, qualified next and 8 of last 9 years (previous Diamond)

MLIFE PLAT no upgrade.
Did you have any mLife hotel stays this year that you credited to Hyatt? (And are your accounts linked?) Interesting that you didn't get it.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Globallist
Did you have any mLife hotel stays this year that you credited to Hyatt? (And are your accounts linked?) Interesting that you didn't get it.

yes and yes. I do have some comp stays and also have MLife paid stays. I also had some really high $$$ spend stays this year at Hyatt. Think Iill finish this year 55-65 nights. Last year 65. Probably 20 Mlife stays, about 10 of this comped. I agree! I was going to send an email to MLife but seems like a waste of time. I REALLY wanted a nice upgrade to NOIR for this year. I guess Ill give MLIFE one more year.....then back to Caesars if need be. ALSO have the MLIFE credit card!

Last edited by creativeguess1; Oct 16, 2019 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Got an e-mail from Hyatt today confirming the NOIR upgrade. A little weird that it processed a month ago.

"As one of our most valued World of Hyatt members and a preferred M life Rewards member, we are pleased to offer you ultra-elite M life Rewards status through September 30, 2020. Welcome to NOIR, giving you the best of the best for all your MGM Resorts stays."
hp12c likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:30 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I got the NOIR upgrade email today as well. Good through 9/2020. I'm at 68 nights and 62k base points with Hyatt. No MGM stays this year.

It's odd that some people are getting validity through 2021 and some through 2020.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
I got the NOIR upgrade email today as well. Good through 9/2020. I'm at 68 nights and 62k base points with Hyatt. No MGM stays this year.

It's odd that some people are getting validity through 2021 and some through 2020.
Have you printed your card yet? My email also said 2020 (as does my mlife.com account), but the card says 2021.

Went to MGM National Harbor the other day and played some blackjack in the cherry blossom bar. First time playing there with the noir card. I was given $100 in comp alcohol and then $200 in comp F&B at TAP (I asked for both, but in the past I've been offered lower amounts despite similar play). Could be coincidental, but so far the noir card is ^
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:25 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Have you printed your card yet? My email also said 2020 (as does my mlife.com account), but the card says 2021.
Ah, that might be it. I'll have to print the card out at Borgata to see what happens!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:30 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
^

Ah, that might be it. I'll have to print the card out at Borgata to see what happens!

My email a year ago stated a 2 year membership as well. just arrived in LAS and picked up my card.

NOIR does not get you access for free to the lounge at the Vdara.

Priority lane at checkin and restaurants and limo pickup/dropoff are the only real benefits in my view.

Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Truly random. I'm at 116 nights, 130k base points. One comp stay at Park MGM. I got a rock.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian

Went to MGM National Harbor the other day and played some blackjack in the cherry blossom bar. First time playing there with the noir card. I was given $100 in comp alcohol and then $200 in comp F&B at TAP (I asked for both, but in the past I've been offered lower amounts despite similar play). Could be coincidental, but so far the noir card is ^
Call me naive, but wow! How does this work exactly? I mean-- who in particular does one 'ask' for comp alcohol and F/B?

Thanks for sharing your expertise with an obvious neophyte...
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Got my unexpected Noir status as well a few weeks ago. Globalist with 100+ nights and MLife Platinum for a couple years running. Never gamble, just F&B to hit 200,000 annual. Not sure what good it will do as they did away with the MLife tiered room discounts. Free limo without having to do Sky Suites is an inarguable perk. Hate Uber in LV. Heading to Aria next month so let's see if they upgrade me (which has never happened in 30 stays over 3 years).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Call me naive, but wow! How does this work exactly? I mean-- who in particular does one 'ask' for comp alcohol and F/B?

Thanks for sharing your expertise with an obvious neophyte...
At National Harbor, I typically play at a $50-100 min blackjack table, either in the first pit just as you walk in from the hotel lobby, or in the cherry blossom bar. Typically when I sit down, the floor person comes over to scan my players card -- that's the person who can show you a good time if he/she isn't having a bad day.

The service in the bar, I have learned, is much better. But either way, you'd ask the floor man / pit boss / supervisor (someone more pedantic can tell you whether these terms are different -- to me they are interchangeable -- the person who scans your card in and validates your Match Play / Free Play). If they're being friendly, they'll ask how you're doing / if they can get you anything, to which you can say "yeah, actually, if you could comp me a meal and a couple drinks, that'd be great." In the past I'd get $50 no questions asked (more if I had someone with me). Last time (w/ Noir card), I had a friend with me, so I asked if we could get a round of drinks -- the floor man said "yeah sure whatever you want" (which I do think meant any normal top-shelf booze, i.e. up to Macallan 18 or Remy XO, but not Louis XIII). So he comped us $100 for booze inside the cherry blossom bar (easily covered 2 rounds), and then after the next shoe we were getting hungry so he comped us $200 for F&B at tap (it was almost 11 so we were too late for fish/ginger but will definitely hit up fish next time)... it's hard to spend $200 at tap, so we had some $40/pour Remy XO to bring our tab up to $196 (no tax charged on comp spend). Obviously you can lose several times the comps... but they seem to be willing to give you the comps regardless of whether you're winning or losing (unlike some other places I've been to, where I've been offered a comp room after busting out but not after a winning shoe). My hunch is that National Harbor is aware that its automated express comps pay out at a very low rate compared with Vegas.

In Vegas, you have the whole "host" thing where you have a dedicated person who arranges your hotel, comps, etc. -- at least at Caesars properties, it's sort of a black box where you gamble, you charge stuff to your room, and then before you check out maybe you call your host and see how much of your spend they'll "comp off" your folio. Not really my cup of tea, and I also don't really enjoy staying at Caesars properties. I manage to keep Diamond status from 1 or 2 days a year playing blackjack there (which gets a $100 dining credit a year, plus about $50 in comps from the play)... and the Diamond status is good for parking & the buffet line at Bacchanal, but that's about it. (I guess it also unlocks top-shelf free booze at lower-end properties like Harrah's, which will give you Jack but not Woodford unless you have a Diamond card).

I don't have a host at any mLife property in Vegas (probably a good thing...), and the one time I asked over the phone in advance for a better offer than what I was emailed, I was told I'd have to ask in person. (I was emailed 3 free nights in a fountain view room @ Bellagio, asked for a Bellagio Suite + $300 F&B credit). Of course, once I hit the ground in Vegas, it's usually nonstop action so the last thing I'm inclined to do is figure out whom to ask to comp a meal. I have been told that I can stop by the "host office" (but I get a little weirded out by it, it seems like where you'd go to have your legs broken if you couldn't pay your debts), or that a host could come meet me, but I haven't acted on that yet. Maybe I will next weekend when I'm back. Last time, I ended up paying a very modest upcharge to get the suite I wanted and was fine with that anyhow.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Nov 4, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.