Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MCO AA Flyer
I received the same Noir status after officially reaching platinum last year. I have a trip coming up in a few weeks. What is the best way to get the comp airport transportation reserved? I’ve seen discussion of a luxury experience manager, but have no idea how to reach them. I will be staying at Park MGM
Originally Posted by Visconti
Unless things have changed, there are three ways to request it.

1. Email/call your host - probably the easiest & quickest.
2. Call Mlife VIP services and request to be connected to Park MGM's VIP dept and request the ride. They'll ask for the dates, flight info and book your limo with the MGM's transportation dept. Driver will meet you at baggage claim.
3. If you receive the email from your VIP liaison, may request it there too.

When at the properties, you can request via the VIP lounge but, if I recall, I don't think Park MGM has one.
Yeah, Park MGM is probably tough because it seems like more of a limited service kinda joint. I think option 4 (which I've used at MGM National Harbor when I haven't had a host) is to call the hotel directly and ask to be transferred to the host office so that you can arrange transportation. Key is to navigate the phone menu so that you don't get routed to a generic reservations line that can't help you. Obviously if you have a host, email the host but I assume from your post that you don't.

Option 5 is email all the hosts: you might quite literally CC all of them on one email (https://parkmgm.mgmresorts.com/en/ca...ive-hosts.html), with a very short note that says, essentially, "hi my name is ___, I am a Noir player (# ___), and I need someone to arrange transportation for my stay on March x-y. I have no host at your property. Is someone available either to be my host or arrange transportation?" I once sent a note like that to 3 hosts at Mandalay Bay even before I was Noir (I was platinum based on the old Hyatt match system) and someone replied promptly and gave me the hookup for a couple of trips.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:55 pm

I have an upcoming stay at Aria in April as a Noir match from Hyatt. I just spoke with the Aria concierge and Aria VIP services and they stated that I am not eligible for complimentary airport transportation as a "matched" Noir. Complimentary airport transportation is based on your gambling only. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? Or someone else I could speak with regarding this issue? I wonder if its also hotel specific.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:17 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I have an upcoming stay at Aria in April as a Noir match from Hyatt. I just spoke with the Aria concierge and Aria VIP services and they stated that I am not eligible for complimentary airport transportation as a "matched" Noir. Complimentary airport transportation is based on your gambling only. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? Or someone else I could speak with regarding this issue? I wonder if its also hotel specific.
I stayed at the Vdara and it was included.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I stayed at the Vdara and it was included.
Update: Not wanting to take no for an answer, I emailed a random host and got an automated reply to call Aria VIP Services for immediate service. So I called VIP Services and the agent that answered looked up my info and booked the complimentary airport transportation over the phone.
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Update: Not wanting to take no for an answer, I emailed a random host and got an automated reply to call Aria VIP Services for immediate service. So I called VIP Services and the agent that answered looked up my info and booked the complimentary airport transportation over the phone.
Yeah, no issues getting it from VIP Services here. Although some VIP services reps seem to be confused as to why I'm talking to them at all rather than a host. i guess they don't spend a lot of time taking care of Noirs who don't have hosts.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:06 pm

Glad it worked out. IMO, airport transportation is the most overrated perk...out of 4 trips this year, used it once.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Troopers
Glad it worked out. IMO, airport transportation is the most overrated perk...out of 4 trips this year, used it once.
Want to make sure I am not missing out on anything. Other than the airport transportation and last minute dining reservations, what are some of the other perks you have received? Anyone know if comp drinks at video poker bars are any better as Noir?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if comp drinks at video poker bars are any better as Noir?
They are not.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 10:48 am

Want to make sure I am not missing out on anything. Other than the airport transportation and last minute dining reservations, what are some of the other perks you have received? Anyone know if comp drinks at video poker bars are any better as Noir?
Better access to anything that requires tickets/reservations (spa, show tickets, etc). Front of line access. More likely chance of a room upgrade. Lounge access. Overall, Noir provides a more comfortable relaxed stay. Noir is not noticeably better than earned Platinum. Play still dictates comps.

ETA: The dining and airfare boost from Platinum is worthy but you still need to hit 200k TC

Last edited by Troopers; Mar 16, 2023 at 10:54 am
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Better access to anything that requires tickets/reservations (spa, show tickets, etc). Front of line access. More likely chance of a room upgrade. Lounge access. Overall, Noir provides a more comfortable relaxed stay. Noir is not noticeably better than earned Platinum. Play still dictates comps.
Recently returned from my trip to Aria as a Hyatt matched Noir.

The airport transportation was as billed. I booked over the phone with VIP services. Our flight was over 1 hour late, but I received a text after landing that a driver was "dispatched." Driver was waiting for us in baggage claim and took us to hotel in a Cadillac limo. When we left, we walked out of hotel lobby at the pre-booked time, and there was another limo out front with our driver waiting to return us the airport (there were actually a few limos, so I had to ask someone which was mine).

On check-in, I was upgraded to a "corner suite" when I originally booked a comped "deluxe king" basic room (3 of 4 nights comped). As a previous Platinum last year, the best upgrades I received would be a better view, never a suite (unless prebooked). I would say this was a great benefit of Noir.

I went to the MGM rewards desk to get my new Noir card (would only be Gold this year without the Hyatt match). I sat and played $25 blackjack for awhile one morning, and talking to the dealer about it. Dealer thought I was just having a "bad day" only playing $25. HAHA. I played $25 blackjack (3:2 payout blackjack) most days 4-6 hours, very few slots, only earned ~6k TC total for the stay. At this rate, I may barely make it to Gold again.

Didn't use Noir for any last minute dinner reservations or show tickets this time. Very happy with the room upgrade and ease of airport limo transportation.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps it’s in this thread somewhere, but how are folks getting MGM Noir with status match to globalist? I’m only getting gold.

My apologies if it is obvious and I am missing it.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chewie
Perhaps it’s in this thread somewhere, but how are folks getting MGM Noir with status match to globalist? I’m only getting gold.

Pure luck and chance.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:41 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Chewie

by invitation only, random, unable to find a red thread through all the nominees, luck…
Old Apr 9, 2023, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

On check-in, I was upgraded to a "corner suite" when I originally booked a comped "deluxe king" basic room (3 of 4 nights comped). As a previous Platinum last year, the best upgrades I received would be a better view, never a suite (unless prebooked). I would say this was a great benefit of Noir.
Are you stay include Friday and/or Saturday night ? If yes then maybe a great benefit of Noir, if not no, just pure luck and unrelated of being a Noir.

Few months ago during the week of Christmas, I was upgraded to executive hospitality suite from deluxe king at Aria for 3 nights, all weekdays even as a gold, WAY bigger than corner suite. And I had received suite upgrades last year at every single MGM property in Vegas (which also include the now gone Mirage) with the exception of Excalibur, but all my stays are Sunday thru Thursday only though.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Are you stay include Friday and/or Saturday night ? If yes then maybe a great benefit of Noir, if not no, just pure luck and unrelated of being a Noir.

Few months ago during the week of Christmas, I was upgraded to executive hospitality suite from deluxe king at Aria for 3 nights, all weekdays even as a gold, WAY bigger than corner suite. And I had received suite upgrades last year at every single MGM property in Vegas (which also include the now gone Mirage) with the exception of Excalibur, but all my stays are Sunday thru Thursday only though.
Nice upgrades you’ve gotten. Most of my stays usually include a Friday or Saturday night so that could be why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.