Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
+1 - the airfare credit is "up to 1200" and is given as comps not as direct reimbursement, and it's based on actual play (but also based on spend, theoretically)... catch is, I am pretty sure it is intended to be given only after requalifying for Noir. But, YMMV.
You can take it as a cash reimbursement or freeplay. I'm not sure why anyone would take it as freeplay except that the process is slightly easier though. I'm pretty sure it is indeed limited to those that earned it the hard way though.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by dpb132
I don’t think you get that unless you earned the status through gambling activity. There are some other benefits that don’t apply too.
Guess that's where I may not get those benefits, as I dont gamble.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Sykes
You can take it as a cash reimbursement or freeplay. I'm not sure why anyone would take it as freeplay except that the process is slightly easier though. I'm pretty sure it is indeed limited to those that earned it the hard way though.
I will ring them to find out if I get any of those benefits, if i dont get the freeplay or cash and limo etc, then not sure what this status will really do for me.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
I will ring them to find out if I get any of those benefits, if i dont get the freeplay or cash and limo etc, then not sure what this status will really do for me.
You get the limo.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:13 am

You get the limo.
Something is better than nothing, they do get enough money out of me per year.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:14 am

I logged into my MGM rewards account and noticed I am now Noir. I went to Vegas 6 times last year and I earned about 186k tier credits in 2022 and it wasn’t even enough requalify for Platinum in 2023. I also lose my Globalist status Feb 28, so not sure why I now have Noir.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
Something is better than nothing, they do get enough money out of me per year.
It's a lot more than nothing. Next time you're at the Bellagio and you want a primo table at a restaurant (or the piano bar), just have your card in hand and ask if you can get a table. Technically you have guaranteed dining on 24 hours notice, but I always had a table made available for me, and it was always the best table that didn't have guests literally seated at it at that moment. Also, next time you make a reservation, don't be surprised if someone reaches out to you to offer to coordinate all your plans. I had such a person at Bellagio and it really transformed my understanding of how great top-shelf Vegas service can be.

Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I logged into my MGM rewards account and noticed I am now Noir. I went to Vegas 6 times last year and I earned about 186k tier credits in 2022 and it wasn’t even enough requalify for Platinum in 2023. I also lose my Globalist status Feb 28, so not sure why I now have Noir.
That's pretty solid tier credit, and I imagine Hyatt put in the nominations prior to December 31, so it fits with the trend of Globalist + earned Platinum (or darn close) getting the Noir bump. I really don't think there are that many globs who also spend or play enough at MGM to be in your tier-credit range. I'd be surprised if it were more than a few thousand.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Similarly, I woke up to surprise Noir yesterday too. I had ~220k MGM tier credits so I earned Plat the intended way (albeit with double points all year), and I earned Globalist as well. A good chunk of my Hyatt nights and base points were from MGM stays so it seems somewhat rational that I'd be targeted.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:41 am

Thanks for the insights and other data points. I too credit all my room charges and what nights I have to pay to Hyatt so I’ve earned tons of Hyatt points from MGM stays over the years. I look forward to the complimentary limo service when I go back.

Another benefit of Noir and Platinum is skipping the lines at some restaurants. One morning at Aria, we were able to cut the brunch line at Salt and Ivy with the platinum card. That was worth it as the line had over 50 people in it.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:07 pm

Similarly, I woke up to surprise Noir yesterday too. I had ~220k MGM tier credits so I earned Plat the intended way (albeit with double points all year), and I earned Globalist as well. A good chunk of my Hyatt nights and base points were from MGM stays so it seems somewhat rational that I'd be targeted.
Yeah it seems like a pretty good algorithm, in that it rewards folks who will appreciate it, obviously not a perfect match but a good one.

I may end up close to earned Platinum this year with several planned Vegas trips including paid suites at the Bellagio (I picked up the MGM credit card, which adds 3x TCs to the standard 4x). If I get anywhere in that ballpark, I will ask my Hyatt Concierge if she can put in a good word for me to get Noir for next year, LOL.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Yeah it seems like a pretty good algorithm, in that it rewards folks who will appreciate it, obviously not a perfect match but a good one.

I may end up close to earned Platinum this year with several planned Vegas trips including paid suites at the Bellagio (I picked up the MGM credit card, which adds 3x TCs to the standard 4x). If I get anywhere in that ballpark, I will ask my Hyatt Concierge if she can put in a good word for me to get Noir for next year, LOL.
Your Hyatt Concierge responds to you? How did you get that benefit ;-)
platbrownguy and hunter747 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Your Hyatt Concierge responds to you? How did you get that benefit ;-)
Hey, Marriott gives you macarons and I can't even get them to give me a king bed instead of two doubles most of the time. You're doing pretty well at the game.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:43 pm

Last year as an earned Platinum, I received cash reimbursement for the $600 airfare credit. I showed receipts at MGM rewards desk, then walked over to the cashier to get $600 cash.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Surprise surprise, I'm Noir now

I don't think it's via Hyatt as I have never matched to MGM. I earned MGM Platinum last year.

I'm headed out to Bellagio in a few days...excited to have the Noir card printed with my name . It's a solo work trip so won't be seeking or needing anything over the top. I'm gonna inquire about the Noir dining and airfare credit. I'll make time to visit the Mirage and see if I can match the Noir to Unity X and get the $500.

I have a few trips in the next two months to flex Noir lol. Let's see what Noir gets me at Delano when I take my daughter and her friend to see TS.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm earned ~210K TCs and Globalist as well (70 nights) but didn't get Noir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.