Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I still have the comp NOIR status that Hyatt gave me a few years ago. It has been a great benefit, but I am fairly skeptical that I will get to keep it after the impending MGM Rewards reconfiguration... although it would sure be sweet to get the free $1200 flight reimbursement and $500 dinner (save me a seat, Mr. Robuchon...).

Does anyone else here still have their comped NOIR status and care to join me in speculating what color my card will be when I go to get a reprint in early February? I'm assuming gold, but would be nice to get soft-landinged to Platinum. ..
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:02 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I still have the comp NOIR status that Hyatt gave me a few years ago. It has been a great benefit, but I am fairly skeptical that I will get to keep it after the impending MGM Rewards reconfiguration... although it would sure be sweet to get the free $1200 flight reimbursement and $500 dinner (save me a seat, Mr. Robuchon...).

Does anyone else here still have their comped NOIR status and care to join me in speculating what color my card will be when I go to get a reprint in early February? I'm assuming gold, but would be nice to get soft-landinged to Platinum. ..
I also still have the comp NOIR status. Unfortunately haven’t gotten to use it at all, and like you I suspect my NOIR days are nearing their end.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Many of those Hyatt elites who got Platinum status with MGM seem to have ended up as mLife Gold already. Those Hyatt elites who got extra lucky with MGM status and got Noir with MGM are probably going to end up as Gold at most with MGM sooner or later even if maintaining Hyatt Globalist status.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Under the terms of the new program, the flight credit (which is paid as a resort credit on your corresponding hotel stay) and dinner credit are only for members who earn their status through the MGM program and not through a partnership like Hyatt. And even if you earned the status last year organically, you don't get the benefits until you re-earn after February 1 this year.

The changes are aimed at making it harder to obtain elite status, so I doubt anyone will keep noir for long from Hyatt.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:18 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

I still have it since 12/2018, but doubt it will be extended in Feb 2022. only used the benes once for the limo transport.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:55 am

Curious how many people had their status extended.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:00 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paula H
mine still shows NOIR
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 59Impala
mine still shows NOIR
In prior years, I've noticed that mLife status downgrades -- when they were supposed to happen -- were sometimes a few days late in showing up than would have otherwise been expected.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:07 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
In prior years, I've noticed that mLife status downgrades -- when they were supposed to happen -- were sometimes a few days late in showing up than would have otherwise been expected.
you have just ruined my day - LOL
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 59Impala
you have just ruined my day - LOL
I hope to be wrong, for your sake.

I don't have much skin in the game as Hyatt and MGM didn't toss me any black. I just have to try to stay on the Gold train to see if I can milk the gravy train with the resort fee waiver benefit.
tobikosan and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I hope to be wrong, for your sake.

I don't have much skin in the game as Hyatt and MGM didn't toss me any black. I just have to try to stay on the Gold train to see if I can milk the gravy train with the resort fee waiver benefit.
Same here. I see some Sun-Thurs Excalibur stays in my future...
HawaiiDave, tobikosan and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:53 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Paula H
I'm still showing NOIR. Hopefully it stays that way over the next few days
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I went ahead and pushed my luck (ha) -- called the MGM National Harbor and set up the airport limo to the hotel on Sunday & back on Monday. They took my mlife number, flight info, contact info, and set it up. So, even if I end up losing my Noir status, at least I get one last limo ride out of it.
tobikosan, CLEguy and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was gold when I checked yesterday. Downgraded to Sapphire today

Then I went through the Hyatt Match -> MGM and it instantly got me back to gold status!

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tnerships.html
-> Click Learn More
-> Log in to Hyatt
-> Opt In
-> Log in to MGM
-> Says "matched! Should get status in 48 hours" (or something like that).
-> Go back to MGM profile page and back to gold!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I went ahead and pushed my luck (ha) -- called the MGM National Harbor and set up the airport limo to the hotel on Sunday & back on Monday. They took my mlife number, flight info, contact info, and set it up. So, even if I end up losing my Noir status, at least I get one last limo ride out of it.
How do you do that for Vegas? Never managed to get an answer from MLife. I'm still Noir BTW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.