Search

Grand Club at Hyatt Nassau

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Grand Club at Hyatt Nassau

hello All

i’m new on this land, since I’m a poor Accor Plat...

Just send inquiry to Hyatt Nassau concerning Grand club access as paying guest

i’ve been told is possible, at 300$/night x room (in addiction of each kind of room I book)

before to ask this hotel if they are sane or insane in mind... do you know if could be a mistake or misunderstood...or it is real cost for grand (hope is really grand ...) club at any Hyatt property ?

Thanks 😊
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:59 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Dav77
hello All

i’ve been told is possible, at 300$/night x room (in addiction of each kind of room I book)

before to ask this hotel if they are sane or insane in mind... do you know if could be a mistake or misunderstood...or it is real cost for grand (hope is really grand ...) club at any Hyatt property ?

Thanks ��
hmmm.. not aware of a Hyatt in Nassau.... there is the GH Baha Mar if you mean that hotel. There is a whole thread, you may find answers here:

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 20, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

hello All

Thanks 😊
You're sure the Club room isn't $300?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
You're sure the Club room isn't $300?
“In regards to your inquiry below, you can book our taste of paradise promotion and we can add on Grand Club Access at a cost of $300.00 per night per room plus tax.

Club access is available at this time for all room types. Rates and availability are subject to change”

I have asked more informations
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala

hmmm.. not aware of a Hyatt in Nassau.... there is the GH Baha Mar if you mean that hotel. There is a whole thread, you may find answers here:

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

it’s this one. Thanks for this link
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

“In regards to your inquiry below, you can book our taste of paradise promotion and we can add on Grand Club Access at a cost of $300.00 per night per room plus tax.

Club access is available at this time for all room types. Rates and availability are subject to change”

Ouch.

Sorry I asked! No Grand club is worth that extra per night.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:30 am

According to Hyatt.com $300 is the standard upcharge at this property. In terms of whether or not it's worth it....

Keep in mind Nassau is EXPENSIVE. For a full breakfast for two at resort area restaurants plan on $75. Dinner at least double. Pair that w/drinks and you'll go over $300. In theory, you could use the club to replace each of these things and come out, sort of, ahead.

That said, buying club access should never be thought of as a way to save money (at any property, in my opinion). It's a luxury item that might enhance your stay and make you feel a bit more "special." If that's worth $300 to you, then go for it.

As I'm sure you know, Hyatt offers ways to get club access for free, but that probably won't help you for this trip.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
According to Hyatt.com $300 is the standard upcharge at this property. In terms of whether or not it's worth it....

Keep in mind Nassau is EXPENSIVE. For a full breakfast for two at resort area restaurants plan on $75. Dinner at least double. Pair that w/drinks and you'll go over $300. In theory, you could use the club to replace each of these things and come out, sort of, ahead.

That said, buying club access should never be thought of as a way to save money (at any property, in my opinion). It's a luxury item that might enhance your stay and make you feel a bit more "special." If that's worth $300 to you, then go for it.

As I'm sure you know, Hyatt offers ways to get club access for free, but that probably won't help you for this trip.
Thanks for your explanation

for me that not only is not worth $300 x day, but it also doesn’t make any sense.

I think there is big difference between what is expensive and what is ridiculous....but it’s only my opinion.

Happy for Hyatt if they can have this policy

perhaps is only my problem to accept it, since i’m habit to free access at Sofitel’s lounges thanks to Plat membership, but even in cases I have had stays at any other hotel chain I have never seen something like that...
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
$300 is absolutely ridiculous! Depending on the rate you're paying for the room, it may make sense to book a Club room upgrade for a standard rate for a regular room + 3000 points per night (which cost $72 to purchase if you don't have any). Alternatively, 6000 points per night ($144) buys you a standard suite upgrade over a regular room, and 9000 points ($216) - a premium suite.

From Hyatt's website (https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html):

Room upgrades on paid nights

Upgrade your accommodations starting with 3,000 points.

NEW: Upgrade a qualifying paid night to a premium suite using points at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts and Miraval.

To upgrade, call (800) 544-9288 in the U.S. and Canada, or your nearest Global Contact Center.
Room Upgrade Award - Points Per Night
Regency Club®/Grand Club® Upgrade - 3,000
Suite Upgrade - 6,000
NEW: Premium Suite Upgrade - 9,000
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
$300 is absolutely ridiculous! Depending on the rate you're paying for the room, it may make sense to book a Club room upgrade for a standard rate for a regular room + 3000 points per night (which cost $72 to purchase if you don't have any). Alternatively, 6000 points per night ($144) buys you a standard suite upgrade over a regular room, and 9000 points ($216) - a premium suite.

From Hyatt's website (https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html):
i think the problem is Club rooms don’t exist in this hotel ...

i can’t see Club rooms option to book...

i’m agree with you. It can have any sense, if togheter with club access I have also different level room,

but in this hotel the only option (if you are not entitled for free club lounge access) is to buy separately lounge access at $300/night, in addition on any kind of room.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold

i think the problem is Club rooms don’t exist in this hotel ...

i can’t see Club rooms option to book...

i’m agree with you. It can have any sense, if togheter with club access I have also different level room,

but in this hotel the only option (if you are not entitled for free club lounge access) is to buy separately lounge access at $300/night, in addition on any kind of room.
Wow - you're right - searching random dates, there are no Club rooms available at all. Now, in most Hyatt Regencies and Grand Hyatts with a Club lounge, suite bookings get automatic club access - is this also not the case at this property? I would try reaching out to @Hyattconcierge on Twitter as it seems very shady.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Wow - you're right - searching random dates, there are no Club rooms available at all. Now, in most Hyatt Regencies and Grand Hyatts with a Club lounge, suite bookings get automatic club access - is this also not the case at this property? I would try reaching out to @Hyattconcierge on Twitter as it seems very shady.
pehaps i’m not right.

Looking at available rates with “points” by APP, I have found the option you was talking about, as picture enclosed.

It seems the “club upgrade” doesn’t concerns on “club room” but simply the club lounge access upgrade available on all type of rooms

If I try to book, of course not having points, I can’t finalize the reservation, but I suppose it should work correctly if I have points
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Indeed the hotel CC has confirmed me this option

3.000 points / night for grand club access, on each type of room, at standard rate (no member’s discount or advance rate, but it means “only” $100 more on 3 nights)

that’s much better than $300/night for Lounge accesa 😃

thanks a lot sch_flyer for this suggestion 👍

now I need only to earn 9.000 points .. 🤔 , or buy at $216, if no promotions on next months.

or I could really start join Hyatt. There is one nice property on small luxury hotels at convenient rates near Milan where I could stay 10 nights on next months.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed the hotel CC has confirmed me this option

3.000 points / night for grand club access, on each type of room, at standard rate (no member’s discount or advance rate, but it means “only” $100 more on 3 nights)

that’s much better than $300/night for Lounge accesa 😃

thanks a lot sch_flyer for this suggestion 👍

now I need only to earn 9.000 points .. 🤔 , or buy at $216, if no promotions on next months.

or I could really start join Hyatt. There is one nice property on small luxury hotels at convenient rates near Milan where I could stay 10 nights on next months.
I think you might earn more points at PH Milano than a SLH. Have a few dinners and stay 1 or 2 nights and you should be able to get 9000 points. Not sure the cost differential though.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think you might earn more points at PH Milano than a SLH. Have a few dinners and stay 1 or 2 nights and you should be able to get 9000 points. Not sure the cost differential though.
PH Milano is really over my company budget ... average night at >€ 500 ....

there is Hotel de la Ville in Monza, average € 150 / night ... it suites better the budget I have for business. 😃 ...with dinner it’s just 6-7 nights to earn 9.000 points
Aventine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.