Grand Club at Hyatt Nassau

Old Dec 20, 18, 2:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Grand Club at Hyatt Nassau

hello All

i知 new on this land, since I知 a poor Accor Plat...

Just send inquiry to Hyatt Nassau concerning Grand club access as paying guest

i致e been told is possible, at 300$/night x room (in addiction of each kind of room I book)

before to ask this hotel if they are sane or insane in mind... do you know if could be a mistake or misunderstood...or it is real cost for grand (hope is really grand ...) club at any Hyatt property ?

Thanks 😊
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 18, 2:59 pm
  #2  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Posts: 2,345
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
hello All

i’m new on this land, since I’m a poor Accor Plat...

Just send inquiry to Hyatt Nassau concerning Grand club access as paying guest

i’ve been told is possible, at 300$/night x room (in addiction of each kind of room I book)

before to ask this hotel if they are sane or insane in mind... do you know if could be a mistake or misunderstood...or it is real cost for grand (hope is really grand ...) club at any Hyatt property ?

Thanks ��
hmmm.. not aware of a Hyatt in Nassau.... there is the GH Baha Mar if you mean that hotel. There is a whole thread, you may find answers here:

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD



Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 20, 18 at 3:05 pm
59Impala is online now  
Old Dec 20, 18, 11:30 pm
  #3  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,289
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
hello All

i知 new on this land, since I知 a poor Accor Plat...

Just send inquiry to Hyatt Nassau concerning Grand club access as paying guest

i致e been told is possible, at 300$/night x room (in addiction of each kind of room I book)

before to ask this hotel if they are sane or insane in mind... do you know if could be a mistake or misunderstood...or it is real cost for grand (hope is really grand ...) club at any Hyatt property ?

Thanks 😊
You're sure the Club room isn't $300?
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 12:34 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
You're sure the Club room isn't $300?
的n regards to your inquiry below, you can book our taste of paradise promotion and we can add on Grand Club Access at a cost of $300.00 per night per room plus tax.

Club access is available at this time for all room types. Rates and availability are subject to change


I have asked more informations
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 12:35 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post


hmmm.. not aware of a Hyatt in Nassau.... there is the GH Baha Mar if you mean that hotel. There is a whole thread, you may find answers here:

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD


it痴 this one. Thanks for this link
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 1:22 am
  #6  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,289
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post


的n regards to your inquiry below, you can book our taste of paradise promotion and we can add on Grand Club Access at a cost of $300.00 per night per room plus tax.

Club access is available at this time for all room types. Rates and availability are subject to change


I have asked more informations
Ouch.

Sorry I asked! No Grand club is worth that extra per night.
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 6:30 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post


的n regards to your inquiry below, you can book our taste of paradise promotion and we can add on Grand Club Access at a cost of $300.00 per night per room plus tax.

Club access is available at this time for all room types. Rates and availability are subject to change


I have asked more informations
According to Hyatt.com $300 is the standard upcharge at this property. In terms of whether or not it's worth it....

Keep in mind Nassau is EXPENSIVE. For a full breakfast for two at resort area restaurants plan on $75. Dinner at least double. Pair that w/drinks and you'll go over $300. In theory, you could use the club to replace each of these things and come out, sort of, ahead.

That said, buying club access should never be thought of as a way to save money (at any property, in my opinion). It's a luxury item that might enhance your stay and make you feel a bit more "special." If that's worth $300 to you, then go for it.

As I'm sure you know, Hyatt offers ways to get club access for free, but that probably won't help you for this trip.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:52 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
According to Hyatt.com $300 is the standard upcharge at this property. In terms of whether or not it's worth it....

Keep in mind Nassau is EXPENSIVE. For a full breakfast for two at resort area restaurants plan on $75. Dinner at least double. Pair that w/drinks and you'll go over $300. In theory, you could use the club to replace each of these things and come out, sort of, ahead.

That said, buying club access should never be thought of as a way to save money (at any property, in my opinion). It's a luxury item that might enhance your stay and make you feel a bit more "special." If that's worth $300 to you, then go for it.

As I'm sure you know, Hyatt offers ways to get club access for free, but that probably won't help you for this trip.
Thanks for your explanation

for me that not only is not worth $300 x day, but it also doesn稚 make any sense.

I think there is big difference between what is expensive and what is ridiculous....but it痴 only my opinion.

Happy for Hyatt if they can have this policy

perhaps is only my problem to accept it, since i知 habit to free access at Sofitel痴 lounges thanks to Plat membership, but even in cases I have had stays at any other hotel chain I have never seen something like that...
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 10:00 am
  #9  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Posts: 174
$300 is absolutely ridiculous! Depending on the rate you're paying for the room, it may make sense to book a Club room upgrade for a standard rate for a regular room + 3000 points per night (which cost $72 to purchase if you don't have any). Alternatively, 6000 points per night ($144) buys you a standard suite upgrade over a regular room, and 9000 points ($216) - a premium suite.

From Hyatt's website (https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html):

Room upgrades on paid nights

Upgrade your accommodations starting with 3,000 points.

NEW: Upgrade a qualifying paid night to a premium suite using points at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts and Miraval.

To upgrade, call (800) 544-9288 in the U.S. and Canada, or your nearest Global Contact Center.
Room Upgrade Award - Points Per Night
Regency Clubョ/Grand Clubョ Upgrade - 3,000
Suite Upgrade - 6,000
NEW: Premium Suite Upgrade - 9,000
sch_flyer is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:44 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by sch_flyer View Post
$300 is absolutely ridiculous! Depending on the rate you're paying for the room, it may make sense to book a Club room upgrade for a standard rate for a regular room + 3000 points per night (which cost $72 to purchase if you don't have any). Alternatively, 6000 points per night ($144) buys you a standard suite upgrade over a regular room, and 9000 points ($216) - a premium suite.

From Hyatt's website (https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html):
i think the problem is Club rooms don稚 exist in this hotel ...

i can稚 see Club rooms option to book...

i知 agree with you. It can have any sense, if togheter with club access I have also different level room,

but in this hotel the only option (if you are not entitled for free club lounge access) is to buy separately lounge access at $300/night, in addition on any kind of room.
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 12:49 pm
  #11  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post


i think the problem is Club rooms don稚 exist in this hotel ...

i can稚 see Club rooms option to book...

i知 agree with you. It can have any sense, if togheter with club access I have also different level room,

but in this hotel the only option (if you are not entitled for free club lounge access) is to buy separately lounge access at $300/night, in addition on any kind of room.
Wow - you're right - searching random dates, there are no Club rooms available at all. Now, in most Hyatt Regencies and Grand Hyatts with a Club lounge, suite bookings get automatic club access - is this also not the case at this property? I would try reaching out to @Hyattconcierge on Twitter as it seems very shady.
Dav77 likes this.
sch_flyer is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 1:09 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by sch_flyer View Post
Wow - you're right - searching random dates, there are no Club rooms available at all. Now, in most Hyatt Regencies and Grand Hyatts with a Club lounge, suite bookings get automatic club access - is this also not the case at this property? I would try reaching out to @Hyattconcierge on Twitter as it seems very shady.
pehaps i知 not right.

Looking at available rates with 菟oints by APP, I have found the option you was talking about, as picture enclosed.




It seems the 田lub upgrade doesn稚 concerns on 田lub room but simply the club lounge access upgrade available on all type of rooms

If I try to book, of course not having points, I can稚 finalize the reservation, but I suppose it should work correctly if I have points
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 2:00 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Indeed the hotel CC has confirmed me this option

3.000 points / night for grand club access, on each type of room, at standard rate (no member痴 discount or advance rate, but it means 登nly $100 more on 3 nights)

that痴 much better than $300/night for Lounge accesa 😃

thanks a lot sch_flyer for this suggestion 👍

now I need only to earn 9.000 points .. 🤔 , or buy at $216, if no promotions on next months.

or I could really start join Hyatt. There is one nice property on small luxury hotels at convenient rates near Milan where I could stay 10 nights on next months.
Dav77 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 12:11 am
  #14  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,289
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Indeed the hotel CC has confirmed me this option

3.000 points / night for grand club access, on each type of room, at standard rate (no member痴 discount or advance rate, but it means 登nly $100 more on 3 nights)

that痴 much better than $300/night for Lounge accesa 😃

thanks a lot sch_flyer for this suggestion 👍

now I need only to earn 9.000 points .. 🤔 , or buy at $216, if no promotions on next months.

or I could really start join Hyatt. There is one nice property on small luxury hotels at convenient rates near Milan where I could stay 10 nights on next months.
I think you might earn more points at PH Milano than a SLH. Have a few dinners and stay 1 or 2 nights and you should be able to get 9000 points. Not sure the cost differential though.
Dav77 likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 12:45 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I think you might earn more points at PH Milano than a SLH. Have a few dinners and stay 1 or 2 nights and you should be able to get 9000 points. Not sure the cost differential though.
PH Milano is really over my company budget ... average night at > 500 ....

there is Hotel de la Ville in Monza, average 150 / night ... it suites better the budget I have for business. 😃 ...with dinner it痴 just 6-7 nights to earn 9.000 points
Aventine likes this.
Dav77 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: