Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
got it👍 Thanks for this.
makes sense, but I never buy points.
so I'm fine with the 5k.
Right, I'm sure if we go into it on a granular level, we can make a case for both options. However, per my usual keep it simple preference, 5000 pts can often redeem, say, a single night layover in Shanghai near SHA for a room that sometimes asks for $150 - $200 per night. Book with 5000 pts to hedge, and pay $$ if the rate drops to below $100, or whatever.

Like you, I never buy points, since they are so easy to earn from Chase.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Because you can buy 5k points for $85 when the 40% bonus promo rolls around.

Save $100 on a room, use $85 of that to buy back the 5k points. $15 remains in your bank account... You also earn 650 points for spending $100 on a room instead of using points.

Of course there are multiple nuances, but that's the gist of the value proposition for those who can use the GC for a real $100 savings and for those who never max out buying points.
There is a VERY limited number of points per year you can buy, though. I max out every year (because my redemptions are all far above 1.7c), so I can't buy more, so 1.7c is not a good lower limit on the value of pts. I always redeem points at well over 2c (often over 3c) so taking the pts was an easy decision.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:40 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

A lot of things are YMMV. Many factors. For me, I have steady supply of Chase UR points coming, enough for my needs. I value UR/Hyatt at 1.5CPPs to 2.0 CPPs. I redeem points for personal travel and pay $$ for business travel.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I opted for the gc beginning of July - am still waiting for it. WOH claims they can't figure why it has not been issued and have "escalated" it. Have never had this much trouble with anything Hyatt to date. My 50 night milestone posted same day. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the 40 night milestone award?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by travelerp
I opted for the gc beginning of July - am still waiting for it. WOH claims they can't figure why it has not been issued and have "escalated" it. Have never had this much trouble with anything Hyatt to date. My 50 night milestone posted same day. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the 40 night milestone award?

yes i did! It was insane what I had to go through to get it. I had it “escalated “ 3 different times until I finally got it taken care of. Took about 6 weeks. Good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
My 40 night (gift card) only took about a week (and no escalating). Sorry to hear you've had a different experience.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hawaiian, Hyatt, United
delete
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Do only base points for a stay count towards the 80k milestone award for a tsu?

Or Do purchased points or points given from airline / customer relations also count towards 80k target ?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:53 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do only base points for a stay count towards the 80k milestone award for a tsu?

Or Do purchased points or points given from airline / customer relations also count towards 80k target ?
I never purchase points, so can’t really comment....but my assumption is they would not count as base points and hence not towards the milestones.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I purchased points during a bonus sale the T&C were clear that none of the points would count as base points.

My impression is that points given as a customer service gesture don't count as base points either.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I purchased points during a bonus sale the T&C were clear that none of the points would count as base points.

My impression is that points given as a customer service gesture don't count as base points either.
I can confirm both statements.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by shaker58

Was looking for email and found a Hyatt milestone reward for 70 nites that I had to choose but expired over a month ago. Can't believe I missed this and was only 1 email.

Called Hyatt they offered one time exception and offered me 10k points
Anyone else call and successfully have points deposited after a milestone reward expired like the above?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
About to hit the cap on milestone rewards once my stay this week posts. Will hit 103 nights and will go over 110 in a few weeks. So weird they just stop at the arbitrary 100 night number. Not that 10k/a TSU is a huge benefit, but it's still something
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone else call and successfully have points deposited after a milestone reward expired like the above?
It's probably just HUCA. In year 1, I didn't claim 4, and they gave me 20K. In year 2, I didn't claim any. This year I called each time since didn't get any e-mails and got 10k each.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are Globs converting club access awards to points (since we generally can't use them ourselves)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.