Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
This is getting a bit off topic from milestone awards.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by rkeyser
I hit my milestone for the $100.00 Gift Card Today. Got the email to select my milestone, selected the $100.00 Gift Card and 5 seconds later got an email that was a link to the Gift Card. Have it in my hands!!!
still waiting.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:10 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Ausriver
what about breakfast at hotels that doesn't have lounge? Would they also be granted to other rooms?
My experience: yes. e.g. The Confidante, 3 nights, 3 rooms, 100$ breakfast credit PER ROOM, same for Centric Key West.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:11 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This is getting a bit off topic from milestone awards.
partially only - it's still related to the milestone reward of lounge access award for Globalists and the use of them.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I seldom stay in Hyatts with Lounges.

Does anyone one know if I can give them away to friends or family staying when I’m not present?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:02 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I seldom stay in Hyatts with Lounges.

Does anyone one know if I can give them away to friends or family staying when I’m not present?
This was the answer from MHC:

Good evening again, Mr. xxxxx
Thank you for your email.
Yes, you can use them for friends or relatives as soon as you stay as well in the hotel since the rooms have to be booked under your name.
Thank you and regards
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
No, they are based on both.

20 nights or 35k base pts: 2 club access awards
30 nights or 50k base pts: 1 cat 1-4 cert & 2 club access awards
40 nights or 65k base pts: 5k pts or $100 GC or 10k pts off a FIND experience
50 nights or 80k base pts: 2 TSUs
55/60 nights or 100k base pts: 1 cat 1-7 cert & 2 TSUs & Conciege access

At 80k base pts he should have gotten the TSUs. This is their first year doing this though so it might not all work.
Thanks, not sure how I missed that
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just realized that both the 30-night and 60-night FNs only good for 180 days, not one year.... So I had to swap out an old FN with longer expiration. Not good changes.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
Just realized that both the 30-night and 60-night FNs only good for 180 days, not one year.... So I had to swap out an old FN with longer expiration. Not good changes.
I had the same type of rude discovery. Seriously, 6months???
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox

I had the same type of rude discovery. Seriously, 6months???
Here we go again. If one has already stayed at Hyatt 30 nights in 90 days, it shouldn't be hard to use a free night within the following 180 days.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:02 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
These were originally good for only 120 days. IIRC, Hyatt made the change to 180 days late last year.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:28 pm

It is too bad they have it at 180 days. I understand that normally those who travel enough to qualify for them won't have trouble using them, but I wonder if it hurts Hyatt that much just to make it a full year like the CC certs.
Travlur likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Hyatt obviously doesn't want everyone saving them for the same peak times.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by embarcadero1
What are globalists supposed to do with lounge passes? Any ideas?
Still a great question. Why is something this oddly defined and limited even offered?

Seems destined to purposely create agitation amongst your best customers for no apparent reason.

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Here we go again. If one has already stayed at Hyatt 30 nights in 90 days, it shouldn't be hard to use a free night within the following 180 days.
Not to go too off topic, but the thing that is most frustrating about this is that for me, the best value is likely “summer travel in Europe”. I am almost certainly going to hit my qualification point at some point in the fall of the year. Which means this award is specifically designed to not let me use it for when I want to. Yes 180 days is better than 120, but this is just a stick in my eye every year.

Last edited by HeadInTheClouds; Apr 10, 2019 at 7:13 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

Still a great question. Why is something this oddly defined and limited even offered?

Seems destined to purposely create agitation amongst your best customers for no apparent reason.

But what's the alternative? Hyatt making current Globalists ineligible for them, even though a lot of current Globalists won't re-qualify for next year, when those awards are still valid?

Not to go too off topic, but the thing that is most frustrating about this is that for me, the best value is likely “summer travel in Europe”. I am almost certainly going to hit my qualification point at some point in the fall of the year. Which means this award is specifically designed to not let me use it for when I want to. Yes 180 days is better than 120, but this is just a stick in my eye every year.
This is clearly the point of the 180-day expiration. Hyatt doesn't want everyone saving the awards for the same few high-demand periods of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.