Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
somewhere it states, that you get credit for up to three rooms, so my interpretation is also for the benefits, I have done this on 3 vacation trips so far and never had an issue.
but this is off topic from this thread.
Credit yes, but Globalist benefits, no. If they intended to offer it don't you think they would be crystal clear about this perk? I was told specifically at the GH Playa Del Carmen (a very well run hotel managed by Hyatt Corporate - so not a franchise where information is often wrong) that my benefits only applied to my room officially, but as a special courtesy they would extend club access to my parents' room (also under my name)... It sounds most/all properties do it, but I know it is not an official perk.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Credit yes, but Globalist benefits, no. If they intended to offer it don't you think they would be crystal clear about this perk? I was told specifically at the GH Playa Del Carmen (a very well run hotel managed by Hyatt Corporate - so not a franchise where information is often wrong) that my benefits only applied to my room officially, but as a special courtesy they would extend club access to my parents' room (also under my name)... It sounds most/all properties do it, but I know it is not an official perk.
isn’t that what Guest of Honor is for
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:22 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martinplas

isn’t that what Guest of Honor is for
According to the T&Cs, Guest of Honor can only be applied to "Free Night Awards"
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by skj
According to the T&Cs, Guest of Honor can only be applied to "Free Night Awards"
Yes, you can book a free night for someone else, but cannot pay for their night and have your benefits apply. Obviously, people work around the restriction ...
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
A lot of research is required.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Since when does Olive 8 have a lounge?
Sorry...for some reason I thought I had read there was one there. I will settle for a stay at the GH or HR...I am not picky. :-)
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:03 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
sort of answering my own question.
I contacted MHC and was advised, that these awards can be used for friends, relatives etc, when staying with you in another room.
So this could be an indication, that Hyatt will enforce the Globalist benefits to 1 single room only?

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Hyatt has no idea whether or not someone will requalify for Glob, so it makes sense to give out the milestone awards. If your were to not requalify on 2019 nights/spend, you would be downgraded to Explo from Mar 1, 2020, and then these Club Access Awards would be valid for 1 year from that time.
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Technically speaking, aren't Globalist Club access only for your own personal room? Thus, in theory, you might use these for a 2nd or 3rd room attached to your reservation?
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I received the same email today for staying 20 nights so far this year. It had me scratching my head. Long expiry dates is nice, but since I’m a Globalist it makes no sense to me, unless their intention is to let me know it’s okay not to requalify.
Of course, I guess they are completely useless to Lifetime Globs, but I'm sure it is easier for Hyatt to simply award the milestones to everybody rather than try to sort out who is a Lifetime Glob. We would not want to overtax Hyatt's IT
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I contacted MHC and was advised, that these awards can be used for friends, relatives etc, when staying with you in another room
Do you usually find your concierge to be correct in their information?

If it is true that the Club Access Awards can be legitimalnly used across multiple rooms that would seem like a major departure from past policy. Haven't the T&C always said that awards like this (re legitimate use, they are a bit similar to TSUs) could not be transferred?

So've received 12 of these Club Access Awards so far, 8 expiring end of Feb 2020 and 4 expiring end of Feb 2021. I have 5 applied, but expect to receive at least 4 more that will expire end of Feb 2021. If I were also staying, I could theoretically apply Club Access Awards to as many room for which I have awards available (at this point 7)?

Seems more generous than I thought Hyatt would be. Alas, we're always just the 2 of us. I wish instead they would make these awards valid for breakfast at Hyatts that do not have a club
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:30 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

If it is true that the Club Access Awards can be legitimalnly used across multiple rooms that would seem like a major departure from past policy. Haven't the T&C always said that awards like this (re legitimate use, they are a bit similar to TSUs) could not be transferred?

So've received 12 of these Club Access Awards so far, 8 expiring end of Feb 2020 and 4 expiring end of Feb 2021. I have 5 applied, but expect to receive at least 4 more that will expire end of Feb 2021. If I were also staying, I could theoretically apply Club Access Awards to as many room for which I have awards available (at this point 7)?

Seems more generous than I thought Hyatt would be. Alas, we're always just the 2 of us. I wish instead they would make these awards valid for breakfast at Hyatts that do not have a club
yes, my concierge so far has been excellent and very knowledgeable.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:13 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

You can go through Hyatt T&C. I think for the mid tier hotels that do not have lounge, you should be able to get free breakfast instead.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
You can go through Hyatt T&C. I think for the mid tier hotels that do not have lounge, you should be able to get free breakfast instead.
No, free breakfast is a Globalist benefit at hotels that don't offer free breakfast either to everyone or to WoH members. Not aware of any free-breakfast benefit for Explorists at hotels without a club.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by joe_miami
No, free breakfast is a Globalist benefit at hotels that don't offer free breakfast either to everyone or to WoH members. Not aware of any free-breakfast benefit for Explorists at hotels without a club.
That is a benefit from Marriott Plat then. I get mixed up. If you get plenty club certificates, then pick the hotels which get club lounge...
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I don't want to restart the valuation conversation on this thread but I am about to hit 40 nights and I was wondering which option people plan to take ($100 gc, 5k pts, FIND). I think it would have been a tougher decision if it was 10k points vs $100 gc but it seems like the gift card is the way to go for most scenarios that don't require an award top off or similar situation. Are the gift cards hard to redeem or have other strict rules or just something you can apply at check-out? Appreciate the thoughts and comments.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
deleted
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by ronbo83
I don't want to restart the valuation conversation on this thread but I am about to hit 40 nights and I was wondering which option people plan to take ($100 gc, 5k pts, FIND). I think it would have been a tougher decision if it was 10k points vs $100 gc but it seems like the gift card is the way to go for most scenarios that don't require an award top off or similar situation. Are the gift cards hard to redeem or have other strict rules or just something you can apply at check-out? Appreciate the thoughts and comments.
Have been waiting for over a month for the Gift Card. Apparently there is a glitch in the system. World of Hyatt Customer Service has been good about updates on the problem, however, the last update I received was the problem would be fixed by April 1.....not
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:27 pm

I know that members can book award rooms for other people, I recently had my brother-in-law use his CC cert for a night for my family. I am guessing that the member with the lounge pass can attach it to said reservation and give the staying party the ability to use the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.