Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...

Hyatt has no idea whether or not someone will requalify for Glob, so it makes sense to give out the milestone awards. If your were to not requalify on 2019 nights/spend, you would be downgraded to Explo from Mar 1, 2020, and then these Club Access Awards would be valid for 1 year from that time.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...

I received the same email today for staying 20 nights so far this year. It had me scratching my head. Long expiry dates is nice, but since I’m a Globalist it makes no sense to me, unless their intention is to let me know it’s okay not to requalify.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:07 pm

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand. Milestone awards are awarded at the milestone, pretty simple.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Hyatt has no idea whether or not someone will requalify for Glob, so it makes sense to give out the milestone awards. If your were to not requalify on 2019 nights/spend, you would be downgraded to Explo from Mar 1, 2020, and then these Club Access Awards would be valid for 1 year from that time.
Good point. Hadn't thought about it this way. Now I am thinking about it this way.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Good point. Hadn't thought about it this way. Now I am thinking about it this way.
I tend to doubt that there will be so many Globs complaining when their 2 suite upgrades post at the 50-night milestone even though they have not yet requalified as Glob.
uppereastsider likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339

I received the same email today for staying 20 nights so far this year. It had me scratching my head. Long expiry dates is nice, but since I’m a Globalist it makes no sense to me, unless their intention is to let me know it’s okay not to requalify.
At Hyatt Place, all members get free breakfast. That is a useless perk to you, since you would get free breakfast anyway.

All members get these club access certs at 20 nights. That is a useless perk to you, since you get club access anyway.

As a globalist, you get unlimited access to some things that others only get a limited supply of. I don't see what the big deal is. If they didn't give them to globalists, people would be complaining that they are punishing you for being a globalist.

Basically, people are amazingly good at inventing things to complain about.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Well, I think Hyatt also knows it is not easy to get to 60 nights to be a Globe. So it teases you to work the extra miles to Exporist or Globe...

Since I have quite a few of those, I used one club lounge access for breakfast only at GH. Or it gest wasted. Even $20 value is good than $0....
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:48 pm
Suspended

At 20 nights, I received a total of 4 club lounge access, 2 to Feb-2020 and 2 to Feb-2021. Not sure if I'll ever need them since I got some already.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
At 20 nights, I received a total of 4 club lounge access, 2 to Feb-2020 and 2 to Feb-2021. Not sure if I'll ever need them since I got some already.
IF you could gift them I would be tempted to send you over some Hyatt points to reserve Olive 8 for me in a couple weeks!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:45 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
But I don't think the T&C's require this... they did it for you as a courtesy.
somewhere it states, that you get credit for up to three rooms, so my interpretation is also for the benefits, I have done this on 3 vacation trips so far and never had an issue.
but this is off topic from this thread.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:48 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
These seem pretty useless if you are globalist, and will maintain globalist status for next year.

Having said that, they give them to everyone. It doesn't make sense to exclude globalists because anyone who doesn't requalify could use them the following year (they should be good til Feb 2021)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
good point, didn't think of it from this angle.

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 9, 2019 at 7:56 am Reason: corrected "did" into "didn't"
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:09 am

good point, did think of it from this angle.
Of course, I guess they are completely useless to Lifetime Globs, but I'm sure it is easier for Hyatt to simply award the milestones to everybody rather than try to sort out who is a Lifetime Glob. We would not want to overtax Hyatt's IT
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIFlya
IF you could gift them I would be tempted to send you over some Hyatt points to reserve Olive 8 for me in a couple weeks!
Since when does Olive 8 have a lounge?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Since when does Olive 8 have a lounge?
A lot of research is required.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:09 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
At Hyatt Place, all members get free breakfast. That is a useless perk to you, since you would get free breakfast anyway.

All members get these club access certs at 20 nights. That is a useless perk to you, since you get club access anyway.

As a globalist, you get unlimited access to some things that others only get a limited supply of. I don't see what the big deal is. If they didn't give them to globalists, people would be complaining that they are punishing you for being a globalist.

Basically, people are amazingly good at inventing things to complain about.
I think you are misinterpreting what is being said. No one is complaining. Aa a Globalist of many years, it was confusing to give a “benefit” of something I already receive. That’s all.
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.