Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
Maybe I'm just a little slow today, but how do the club lounge awards benefit Globs? We get lounge access anyway, so we get nothing at 20 nights? Or will we receive 2 lounge access awards that are valid for the following year in case we don't requalify? Or are they for the current year and we can use them for friends or gift them to others?
I found it the opposite.
Club lounge awards are very useful when we've got trips together with friends. A lot easier to have them stay together with us at a Hyatt over other hotel chains. They get lounge access and we'll get all the points.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:08 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Whether or not you soft-land in 2020 and beyond, the new T&C make it clear that the only way to get lounge access is to earn it. Specifically, a Glob who stays zero nights in 2019 might (or might not) soft-land to Explorists. Either way, that individual will have zero lounge awards ... because they can only be earned staying 20 to 30 nights.
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Yes, Jeff is explicitly quoted here on FT at the launch of WoH that this was, and always had been, Hyatt policy. It can be found here:

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

4. If a current 2016 Diamond will transition to be a 2017 Globalist, and completes 5-9 stays (but less than 10 nights) in Jan-Feb 2017 -- thus earning Platinum -- what will be their tier starting March 2018 (assuming no further stays)? Discoverist or Explorist?

Answer: As always, our members are transitioned down one tier if they fail to qualify to maintain their tier level. Therefore if someone is a Globalist and is set to downgrade at renewal, the member will become an Explorist.

After Jeff left I wanted confirmation and this is the response I received from the Hyatt concierge on FT on 11 OCT 2017:

I did get clarification and you are correct. Members only ever go down one tier at a time.

But I guess policy that is not documented in the T&C could be changed without notice...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Whether or not you soft-land in 2020 and beyond, the new T&C make it clear that the only way to get lounge access is to earn it. Specifically, a Glob who stays zero nights in 2019 might (or might not) soft-land to Explorists. Either way, that individual will have zero lounge awards ... because they can only be earned staying 20 to 30 nights.
Yes, all of the awards are now earned only based on night count and not tied to status.

It is interesting that now some non-Globalists will have TSUs.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, all of the awards are now earned only based on night count and not tied to status.

It is interesting that now some non-Globalists will have TSUs.
The major changes to earning of status awards means that Hyatt is setting itself up to open the flood gate for elite status account upgrades (via status match/challenges/giveaways) for a lot more current and prospective customers since the elite status levels are becoming less meaningful than earlier. This Hyatt approach reminds me of LCC airline Norwegian’s idea of elite status — one where the most valuable awards of status are from milestone awards and not from any elite status levels themselves.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

The major changes to earning of status awards means that Hyatt is setting itself up to open the flood gate for elite status account upgrades (via status match/challenges/giveaways) for a lot more current and prospective customers since the elite status levels are becoming less meaningful than earlier. This Hyatt approach reminds me of LCC airline Norwegian’s idea of elite status — one where the most valuable awards of status are from milestone awards and not from any elite status levels themselves.
Could be worse, I suppose. Imagine the launching of Chase's new $500 Universe of Hyatt with automatic Glob status, 100K pt bonus, free Cat 7 night per year, etc....of course, once the 24 months has lapsed, will get the Chase Hyatt again. They want to create arbitrage opportunities, fine. I'm game.

PS - OT - Not trying to hawk Amex here, but wouldn't every traveler have to get their Aspire card on general principle?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:15 am

Well now that the thread is back on topic, I will repeat that It think the milestone changes offer a real upside for Discoverists (which I am eventually destined to become, likely sooner than expected). Getting 2 Club Access Awards at 20 nights is a major improvement for this tier, making it worthwhile to try for 20 nights without having to go all the way to Explorist. It is also relatively sustainable: one week at an Andaz on a Prive rate and then one week each at a GH or HR using a Club Access Award does not sound too bad to me.
Yup it is nice to be able to get something with a milestone that is actually attainable for my travel patterns versus the unattainable status levels. Definitely makes me more inclined to stay at Hyatts then other chains that just have status...and whose benefits even at the mid-tier is not as good as the lounge passes for my needs.

I had a question, is there anywhere to find information as to when the 20 night lounge pass awards will expire?

Last edited by HIFlya; Mar 2, 2019 at 3:14 am
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I had a question, is there anywhere to find information as to when the 20 night lounge pass awards will expire?
Milestone Award T&C.
Those earned in 2019 after 2/28/2019 will expire 2/28/2021, that's when mine, posted on 2/28/2019, expire.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
Milestone Award T&C.
Those earned in 2019 after 2/28/2019 will expire 2/28/2021, that's when mine, posted on 2/28/2019, expire.
Thanks for the information. That is definitely nice to hear.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just passed 31N and shows on the app. No email or posting for Cat 1-4. Last year got the email and reward like clockwork at 30/60/70/80 etc. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:26 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...

Football Fan likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...

Technically speaking, aren't Globalist Club access only for your own personal room? Thus, in theory, you might use these for a 2nd or 3rd room attached to your reservation?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:25 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Technically speaking, aren't Globalist Club access only for your own personal room? Thus, in theory, you might use these for a 2nd or 3rd room attached to your reservation?
no... I was 3 weeks on vacation last summer. booked 3 rooms in my name for me and a family of 4. received all benefits for all 3 rooms at all Hyatts without any questions/issues. this includes club access or breakfast credit (100$ at the Confidante per room!) plus base points... except the late checkout for rooms 2+3.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:33 pm

no... I was 3 weeks on vacation last summer. booked 3 rooms in my name for me and a family of 4. received all benefits for all 3 rooms at all Hyatts without any questions/issues. this includes club access or breakfast credit (100$ at the Confidante per room!) plus base points... except the late checkout for rooms 2+3.
But I don't think the T&C's require this... they did it for you as a courtesy.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These seem pretty useless if you are globalist, and will maintain globalist status for next year.

Having said that, they give them to everyone. It doesn't make sense to exclude globalists because anyone who doesn't requalify could use them the following year (they should be good til Feb 2021)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:41 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
But I don't think the T&C's require this... they did it for you as a courtesy.
My experience is the same as 59Impala's. I've booked as many as 4 rooms for family members and received Diamond/Glob benefits for all occupants. The T&Cs don't require this, but it's always been offered. My multi-room stays have been in Europe and NA, so Asian properties may follow the T&Cs more closely.

I agree that these are useless for current Globs, unless they don't re-qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.