Milestone Rewards

Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
No real change for Globalists. And it appears the introduction of WOH CC it just gave Hyatt an excuse to up Glob requal.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Do Globalists also get the 4 club lounge award while crossing 20 and 30 nights?

I do found it quite handy when we've asked friends to choose Hyatt over other hotels, stay with us.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
it’s simply unbelievable that I crossed 110 nights and you don’t get any points or upgrades after 100 nights.... clearly this is another major flaw with the WOH program, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that is beyond frustrated with this...
I'm at 112, but I knew the rules going in, so only mildly annoyed. Also, some of those counted towards the last promotion.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
it’s simply unbelievable that I crossed 110 nights and you don’t get any points or upgrades after 100 nights.... clearly this is another major flaw with the WOH program, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that is beyond frustrated with this...
Unbelievable? Did you not read the incredibly clear WoH benefits outline? Major flaw? Hilton doesn't cap the bonus points, but you receive 10K points that are worth less than a 1/3 of Hyatt's points. (worthless points is a far more serious flaw)

Besides... I suspect that nearly everybody at 100+ nights enjoyed the 60K bonus for 40 autumn nights. I certainly did.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Ausriver

I do found it quite handy when we've asked friends to choose Hyatt over other hotels, stay with us.
Whoa ... this is interesting.... Have you been able to book rooms for others and apply the club lounge certificates to their rooms? If so, it sounds as though you were staying at Hyatt same time. Is this a requirement for using them for others? I ask all this because I had tried -- or at least I think I tried -- to apply one for booking I made for spouse, but when I was admittedly not on trip, and told this was not possible.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
According to https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...t-terms-2.html, there are no changes to lounge access
even thought lounge certs are handed out by number of stays now IMJ those not a Globalist will not be able to apply their certs in HR, GH, and PH restaurants when the lounge is closed or their is no lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:53 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver

As a Glob, I've never had an issue getting all benefits, including lounge access or restaurant breakfast, extended to guests in all rooms that I booked. I don't see any value in getting these lounge awards ...

Last edited by skj; Dec 19, 2018 at 7:54 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I have already re-qualified for Globalist next year (i.e. through Feb.2020).

In 2019, if I do 50 nights, I would get TWO suite upgrades. If I do 55 nights, I would qualify for Globalist again, but will NOT get the remaining TWO suite upgrades. I will only get these remaining TWO upgrades when I hit 60 nights. Correct? If so, then that would be worse off than Globalists in 2018 (who got all FOUR suite upgrades upon hitting 55 nights)?
That is my understanding, it is a clear devaluation for someone like myself who seeks to hit the absolute minimum to re qualify.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I can only see this as being relatively minor. Tweaks around the edges. For a globalist, you get an extra, even if relatively small, award at 40 nights, two of our TSUs are given a little earlier (which I think could be useful in providing a little more advance to secure a suite), but we are expected to stay 5 more nights for renewal.

For me, the CC is providing me with so many nights (probably about 30 next year), that this "clawback" is a big yawn. For non-US globalists, all I can say is I don't know why you want to play the WoH game anyways. If the extra 5 nights are so hard to obtain, then surely the 55 nights are already too brutal that you must be insane for trying.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slm9555
That is my understanding, it is a clear devaluation for someone like myself who seeks to hit the absolute minimum to re qualify.
That's not a devaluation. A devaluation is when the status loses value. This just makes the status harder to get.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:51 am

These changes don't seem too bad to me. Only potential downside is more competition for TSUs for those who exceed 50, but were under 60.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Besides... I suspect that nearly everybody at 100+ nights enjoyed the 60K bonus for 40 autumn nights. I certainly did.
I will end the year at exactly 100 nights and almost none of it was in the autumn. If the 10k bonus was extending beyond 100 nights (at 110 nights, 120 nights, etc.) then the promo was going to be worth 60k + 40k = 100k for 40 autumn nights so my thought process was going to be different. Or if I was otherwise in line for 60 nights, I could have booked an extra 40 at Hyatt to end up at 100 and get 60k+40k.

But because the 10k/10 nights does not extend over 100 nights, then I was only going to get 60k pts for these extra 40 nights from 100 to 140. That is not a lot more points than for the stretch 60 to 100 nights = 40k pts, without this autumn bonus. I guess 50% more so better than nothing, but not jaw dropping as far as I am concerned.

I honestly think Hyatt would be better off extending the 10k/10 nights without a limit above 100 nights, but who am I to say.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
These changes don't seem too bad to me. Only potential downside is more competition for TSUs for those who exceed 50, but were under 60.
It looks like I get an extra $100 Hyatt gift card every year, and nothing else, with no downside. It's hard to complain about that.

I guess the loss of the 55-night thing is some downside, but with it being announced the same year as the new credit card, it seems pretty reasonable. Making the status too easy to achieve is one thing that will absolutely lead to devaluation. This is probably a good change for the long-term health of the program.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It looks like I get an extra $100 Hyatt gift card every year, and nothing else, with no downside. It's hard to complain about that.

I guess the loss of the 55-night thing is some downside, but with it being announced the same year as the new credit card, it seems pretty reasonable. Making the status too easy to achieve is one thing that will absolutely lead to devaluation. This is probably a good change for the long-term health of the program.
Globalist soft-landings may be getting a lot harder soon, even as I expect Hyatt will be opening the flood gates to a lot more status matches/challenges/giveaways for Explorist and even Globalist status. Just a matter of when.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I like the changes...now, if they would only bring back welcome amenity points, I'd give them my business back...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.