Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:53 pm

Is the "Stay at 5 different Hyatt brands and pay an eligible rate" activity now a yearly one?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kman5524
Is the "Stay at 5 different Hyatt brands and pay an eligible rate" activity now a yearly one?
Given that the milestone awards reset every year... it would seem like the brand explorer is a yearly bonus now? And that they capped it at 5 brands (ie 1 cert) instead of 10?

Honestly, this actually feels like a way to drive business to Hyatt incrementally. I'm sitting at 9 brands, so now I'm going to actively look for a "Hyatt" (since I'm not going to get Ziva/Zilara/Miraval before next year).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kman5524
Unlikely. It would have been particularly simple to add a "during the year" to make it clear.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:15 pm

I'll finish 2018 with somewhere between 26-28 nights. What do you think the chances are that I can get Hyatt to give me even one club access award in good faith: 0% or >0%?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I will be surprised if this isn’t primarily another part and parcel to devaluing the Hyatt loyalty program for Hyatt loyalty program customers in the aggregate.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if this is a way to stage the landscape before handing out a lot more elite status account upgrades without providing such upgraded account customers much in the way of award instruments for use.
Markie likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 18, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by antonius66
They just basically made it 55 again because the new CC gives 5 free nights. Honestly no change. They are essentially moving it from 50 where it is now for returning Globs to 55 again.
Believe it or not, not all Hyatt Globalists are Americans.

Myself, I am not happy about this change. 60 nights is a lot of nights in Hyatts.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by skj
It looks that way now, but the Lifetime Glob page, https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html, hasn't been updated to reflect these new "milestone" based awards.
I have confirmed with My Hyatt Concierge that Lifetime Globalists will still get the 4 TSU's plus a category 1-7 free night on March 1st of each year.
Markie, frogss29 and 59Impala like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by serfty
In answer to your second question, any existing Globalist as at Dec, 31 2018.

It would be better written as "as of 1/1/19, any newly qualifying Globalist" will need 60 night the subsequent year to re-qualify for globalist.

So, any who qualify for Globalist this year will need 55 nights to requalify in 2019, but 60 nights in 2020,
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I'd say yes, you will be GLOB until Feb 2020, but you'll need 60 nights next year to requalify for GLOB until Feb 2021
Thanks for the responses... I'm going to hope that serfty is the more correct. I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the existing phrasing is confusing.
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
For Globalists, I'm not seeing much downside (nor upside to this), other than needing 60 instead of 55 nights to re-qualify.

I guess there will be slightly more competition for suite upgrades since at least a few people in the 59 night range will have CPU to use.

We are all cynical about any change to a loyalty program because experience suggests that almost all changes devalue the program to some extent, but on the face of this, it seems to slightly help folks at the lower tiers a bit and doesn't have a significant negative effect on the upper tier.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RMZ2006
I'll finish 2018 with somewhere between 26-28 nights. What do you think the chances are that I can get Hyatt to give me even one club access award in good faith: 0% or >0%?
“In good faith”? The changes don’t kick in for almost four months.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
My thoughts are that Hyatt mostly missed the boat. Due to Marriott's recent screw-ups, the start of 2019 is a huge opportunity to grab some business away from Marriott. E.g. Hyatt could have announced "Look up your existing Marriot level on this SIMPLE chart, and instantly know what we will do for you in 2019 if you switch to Hyatt". But then again, Hyatt would be hard-pressed to convince folks that their I.T. Security is world class. i think Hyatt hasn't been hit by hackers (yet) because hackers prefer bigger targets.

Going back to this promotion, the small extra perk at 40 nights is nice. I'd choose $100 gift card instead of 5000 points.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
My thoughts are that Hyatt mostly missed the boat. Due to Marriott's recent screw-ups, the start of 2019 is a huge opportunity to grab some business away from Marriott. E.g. Hyatt could have announced "Look up your existing Marriot level on this SIMPLE chart, and instantly know what we will do for you in 2019 if you switch to Hyatt". But then again, Hyatt would be hard-pressed to convince folks that their I.T. Security is world class. i think Hyatt hasn't been hit by hackers (yet) because hackers prefer bigger targets.

Going back to this promotion, the small extra perk at 40 nights is nice. I'd choose $100 gift card instead of 5000 points.
You’re saying Hyatt should have given a free status match to anyone with Marriott status?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:40 pm

Website states "activity starting Jan 1, 2019, will count toward earning Milestone Rewards". Do stays starting at end of year and ending in Jan (eg. Dec 29 to Jan 1) count towards 2019 Milestone Rewards?

The new T&C isn't clear. That's the way it was previously, right?

ETA: Nevermind. The new T&C don't apply until March 1, 2019. So, nights spanning the new year should count towards 2019 Milestone Rewards.

Last edited by Troopers; Dec 18, 2018 at 3:49 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Nobody knows. Hyatt seems to have upgraded its IT since last year, though.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by joe_miami

You’re saying Hyatt should have given a free status match to anyone with Marriott status?
It’s become a lot easier for Hyatt to do so given that elite status itself is not going to be as rewarding as it used to be for customers who are given an elite status match/fast track/giveaway. The elimination of giving such customers redeemable certs to access the lounges or to get confirmed into a better room type at time of booking makes a “world of (Hyatt)” difference. Expect a lot more Explorists with watered down benefits.

Milestone rewards are a sort of watered-down version of what used to be Platinum Extra awards, except that there are a few different option than before.

Why does Hyatt even have a Discoverist level? Just to make Hyatt credit card holders to feel valued despite not being given much of anything material because of that status? I would welcome the elimination of Discoverist status and a renaming of Explorist into Platinum and Globalist into Diamond.
Markie likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 18, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.