Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:25 pm

It appears this property has blocked all base room inventory for September and onwards, which means they are not selling the standard room that is bookable on points.
I wonder what is going on with this property.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by agjil
It appears this property has blocked all base room inventory for September and onwards, which means they are not selling the standard room that is bookable on points.
I wonder what is going on with this property.
Happened in March too, standard rooms should be available again in after a few days.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:28 pm

Any recent experiences at this Centric?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Any recent experiences at this Centric?
If month ago is recent then yes. Pro-active upgrade to suite, facing beach and restaurants side. Service was at good level, during the check-in I got the entrance card to use closed beach area around 150 m from hotel, did not went to there. Free shuttles from LaMer beach to downtown. Some hotels have also free shuttles to LaMer beach, Fairmont for example. Breakfast was only a la carte and high quality(eggs royale, bircher muesli etc.), barista made coffee. I liked the area because it was quiet and would return when price is reasonable. I used Cat.1-4 voucher.
Viajero Millero likes this.

Last edited by Jaenks; Jul 14, 2022 at 2:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:09 am

Awesome. Just saw some rates around $70. May go for a few nights soon.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Booked standard room, was upgraded to a deluxe one - arrived late and tired so didn't push for a suite.

I'm far from being sensitive to noise, but what goes at the place close by is nuts: imagine the lowest quality '90s computer games' music mixed with arabic tunes blasting at full volume until 3am during weekdays..

As long as they don't get that one under control, I strongly recommend avoiding this place despite the friendly staff, nice rooms and everything else..
clublevel15 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:38 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Does this hotel offer globalist late check out? Have a late flight out of Dubai and currently have a booking at the GH who have said “we’ll see what we can do at check in” re: a 4.00 pm check out.
Have asked the centric but got no reply (not a good sign service wise).
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:37 am

Hows the nightlife around this area? Which Hyatt has the best location for nightlife?
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:44 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
The Centric. But be aware, that Jumeirah One area is being redeveloped currently, and will be finished next year afaik.

The main nightlife is in the city center, though.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by rota
The Centric. But be aware, that Jumeirah One area is being redeveloped currently, and will be finished next year afaik.

The main nightlife is in the city center, though.
thanks, which Hyatt do u recommend?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I just had a really nice one-night stay here. I was upgraded to the suite and warned about the music, but it ended around 20:00 and didn't bother me. Upon check-in my 4pm checkout was offered, and when I mentioned I had a 9pm flight, the front desk clerk suggested I check the next day and they might be able to let me stay later. I ended up having my 5:30 checkout honored.

The breakfast has gotten more extensive - with a full menu to order from - no restrictions were stated to me. I enjoyed the pool and loved the rooftop Japanese restaurant.

rota likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
At our 5th stay here.

La Mer beach is a ghost town. All the stores at the beach and restaurants went out of business with some Dubai court auction notices in windows. No private Hyatt Centric beach chair section anymore.

Hyatt closed their pool for temporary renovations.

For beach chairs and pool access, they are giving day passes to Dubai Marina Beach Resort next door (5min walk).

That being said, noise from the night clubs from the room and balcony was worse than ever till 2am. Free boxed noise cancelling' kit which is a 20 cent pair of foam earplugs. (Which I won't wear at hotels as then I won't wake up to work phone calls, alarm clock, or even a hotel smoke alarm).
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:58 am

With La Mer formally shut down for re-development, I just don't know why you would stay here with nothing around except for the nightclub noise till the early hours.

The Japanese food pics look good, though - might check it out soon.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 11:59 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I did not enjoy my stay at the Hyatt Centric and would not return - even without all of the CC nonsense I am dealing with, I did not like the property. Here are my impressions:

Cons:
  • Credit card overcharge nonsense with presumably non-consensual DCC - my bank is reporting a higher USD than it should be when they processed my transaction on their computer without taking my physical card (did not ask for this) - I received a bunch of nonsense about how the hotel can pick their own exchange rate when I confronted them - CHARGE ME IN AED - I did not authorize any DCC and was not given a currency choice - ugh, Im still mad. Though, I still dont know if DCC specifically was the issue, but something is awry.
  • While I was upgraded to an Executive Suite with a great view of the Burj Khalifa, the room smelled very smokey - had to move to a Deluxe room with a much worse view
  • The WiFi performance was terrible - I had to rely on my phone hotspot in my room
  • The AC was terrible - it never got below 22 even when set on 15
  • The main table was annoyingly unbalanced and wobbly
  • Noise isolation internally was bad - heard someone hacking up a lung - luckily, outdoor music was minimal on the night I was there
  • The staff wasnt very warm or good at resolving issues
  • No welcome gift at all - not even fruit

Neutral:
  • Shower pressure was super misty from the pinholes - guess its relaxing but not my favorite

Pros:
  • Bed was fine - decently plush mattress, okay thickness covers (room was too hot anyway), plush pillows
  • Breakfast was good - all a la carte, the French toast was really good

I would not come back and am very concerned about going to the Andaz Dubai next week.

Photos:

Singapore_Air and vegasbased like this.

Last edited by ElevatorEnthusiast; Jun 8, 2024 at 1:18 am
Old Jun 11, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The issue with my credit card charge resolved itself after posting to my CC as the correct USD amount.
Singapore_Air likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.