Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:34 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Some
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted by illico
How did you like the location?

It was fine but obviously works best if you want to spend some time at the beach. La Mer has some restaurants and bars but they are lower end or mid-range so if want high end dining and shopping nearby youd obviously be better in DIFC or Downtown Dubai or something. Not really the same choice youd have if you stayed at JBR either. You could probably use it as a base for DIFC at a push as its a quick taxi ride away, but personally I wouldnt stay in any Dubai beach hotel unless I wanted to spend a lot of time at the beach!
lost_in_translation is offline  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:11 am
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,165
Are they going for an industrial grunge room aesthetic?
Aventine is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:32 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Some
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted by Aventine
Are they going for an industrial grunge room aesthetic?
It feels less grungy in real life and its only the Executive Suites out of the rooms that have that green / grey colour scheme, but kind of. I would say it does feel a bit like a warehouse conversion but in a good way.
lost_in_translation is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:33 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 290
Currently at the property. Fantastic building, extremely nice rooms.
Got the executive suite from the official hotel pictures with the green floor&bed and skyline view as Globalist upgrade.
Doesn't feel like a (neither good nor bad) warehouse for me. Instead, feels absolutely high-end.

We originally wanted to switch over to Andaz the Palm midway through our holidays but just canceled the Andaz and prolongated for the rest of the time here.

Some soft opening issues but overall the location pays off big time for us.
Gonna write more over the next days or so​​​...

Bye
rota is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:48 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 95
How does this compare to Grand Hyatt Dubai? I'll be in Dubai for a day and half in February. Looking to try something different from Grand Hyatt.
Joker0874 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:02 am
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,165
Originally Posted by Joker0874
How does this compare to Grand Hyatt Dubai? I'll be in Dubai for a day and half in February. Looking to try something different from Grand Hyatt.
Newer and a better location. Much better views and the beach.
washeelers747 likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:28 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PIT-SCE-AOO-PHL-NYC-WAS
Programs: free agent
Posts: 1,043
Originally Posted by Aventine
Newer and a better location. Much better views and the beach.
Glad I saw this. Was thinking about splitting my stay between centric and GH for my 5 day stay in Dubai but realize its not worth the hassles to move to bigger but older hotel for 1-2 night.

Expo look little far from this location. There is bus or need taxi ride to closest metro station?
washeelers747 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:37 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 616
...deleted

Last edited by illico; Jan 5, 2022 at 7:38 am Reason: wrong thread...
illico is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:21 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 290
Grand Hyatt Dubai and Centric Dubai serve totally different purposes, in my opinion.
GH is for families and children. Centric is for couples or singles. Didn't yet see a guest above the age of 50 here, or anyone below 18.
GH is in Dubai Creek, which is wrong direction if you want to be in the fancy spots (Downtown, La Mer, Jumeirah, Marina, The Palm). Centric has a good location for the fancy spots (as has the Andaz). You need Uber, though (if you like quality, if not then you can also use Taxi).
​​​​​​

In my opinion, the pool and beach of the Centric are both not a viable option for pool or beach lovers. Don't got to the Centric for beach or pool, you would regret this.
We are going to beach clubs instead (Drift, Summersalt, Cove, etc.) or go to the new Aura Skypool.

Bye
washeelers747 likes this.
rota is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:40 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Some
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted by rota
Grand Hyatt Dubai and Centric Dubai serve totally different purposes, in my opinion.
GH is for families and children. Centric is for couples or singles. Didn't yet see a guest above the age of 50 here, or anyone below 18.
GH is in Dubai Creek, which is wrong direction if you want to be in the fancy spots (Downtown, La Mer, Jumeirah, Marina, The Palm). Centric has a good location for the fancy spots (as has the Andaz). You need Uber, though (if you like quality, if not then you can also use Taxi).
​​​​​​

In my opinion, the pool and beach of the Centric are both not a viable option for pool or beach lovers. Don't got to the Centric for beach or pool, you would regret this.
We are going to beach clubs instead (Drift, Summersalt, Cove, etc.) or go to the new Aura Skypool.

Bye
I have to disagree a bit - you need to want to use La Mer beach to stay here otherwise why are you staying at a hotel that has nothing around it other than the beach? The current pricing seems to reflect a premium for being near the beach (this place seems to be pricing at/above Andaz and well above the Grand Hyatt). Stay somewhere in DIFC or Downtown if you are just going to go to beach clubs, otherwise you are paying twice for beach access and also dont have anything walking distance from the hotel.
lost_in_translation is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:25 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I have to disagree a bit - you need to want to use La Mer beach to stay here otherwise why are you staying at a hotel that has nothing around it other than the beach? The current pricing seems to reflect a premium for being near the beach (this place seems to be pricing at/above Andaz and well above the Grand Hyatt). Stay somewhere in DIFC or Downtown if you are just going to go to beach clubs, otherwise you are paying twice for beach access and also dont have anything walking distance from the hotel.
You come to the Centric because it is brand new and a really nice hotel. They are currently improving a lot! If you read the reviews in booking, I would say half of the things are already resolved. You can see changes for the better day by day.
This is also what rectifies the pricing. It is a totally new and hip 5-star hotel in a very nice and young area. The views are absolutely breathtaking!! I personally wouldn't mind if it would be 100usd higher in the end. Totally worth it.

I understand your point with "why choose a beach hotel" but in my opinion the hotel doesn't have a beach. It has instead access to a very nearby privately operated part of an otherwise public beach which just isn't very attractive. This may however be a question of taste. For me personally, the beach is not usable at all. As is the pool currently (but that may change when they improve the micro-setting with plants, privacy screens to the nearby construction sites, and so on). Also, the pool is in the shadows most of the day.

In my opinion, the Centric is the best Hyatt option for Dubai for the time being. The Park Hyatt might become the better overall package after renovation took place 22/23 but it stays at a totally misplaced location from today's view. Creek was the city center 25 years ago. It is far from the new hotspots today. They should think about exchanging the whole location for another Park Hyatt property.
rota is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:18 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 290
This is the way to the "beach". I mean...it's not like there is no beach, it is just very different from real beach hotels which have a beachfront.



The Centric does not have a beachfront but a stonefront (picture from the side, just down from the balcony).

Last edited by rota; Jan 6, 2022 at 10:25 pm
rota is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:20 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 290
And this, btw., is the panorama from the skyline view executive suites. Absolutely breathtaking!



washeelers747 and tpsmith82 like this.
rota is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:25 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Posts: 1,084
Hated my stay here. Front desk agents were not properly trained...it took them 30 minutes to check-in the people ahead of me at 10pm. The room was really nice but that's where the compliments stop. The whole area around the hotel is still under construction and it's a dusty mess. The "view" from my suite was overlooking an industrial looking harbor scene..not pleasant at all. The next-door "restaurant/club" was playing beat-thumping music late into the night. There's really nothing nearby. I honestly couldn't wait to check out.

I stayed here for two nights immediately after my stay at the Andaz Palm...and I can say they don't even compare in terms of location, service, and amenities. I wouldn't stay here again.
TravelinSperry likes this.
TravelTheWorld66 is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:11 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Some
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Hated my stay here. Front desk agents were not properly trained...it took them 30 minutes to check-in the people ahead of me at 10pm. The room was really nice but that's where the compliments stop. The whole area around the hotel is still under construction and it's a dusty mess. The "view" from my suite was overlooking an industrial looking harbor scene..not pleasant at all. The next-door "restaurant/club" was playing beat-thumping music late into the night. There's really nothing nearby. I honestly couldn't wait to check out.

I stayed here for two nights immediately after my stay at the Andaz Palm...and I can say they don't even compare in terms of location, service, and amenities. I wouldn't stay here again.
Ouch! I briefly heard the loud music during my first stay but it finished at like 8.30-9pm (I think it was coming from from the neighbouring Dubai Marine Beach Resort), wonder if I got lucky or this is only certain nights. Agree the construction around the hotel is creating a bit of a mess currently. If you were overlooking the harbour behind the hotel rather than the beach and skyline, I think that's a Deluxe Room (effectively a very weirdly named large junior suite) rather than a full suite here.

I did a second stay just over a week ago for one night given this place is quite convenient for the airport. I was apparently the first return guest! Had the other design of Executive Suite this time (628?) which are in the middle at the front of the hotel rather than on the far right-hand end. They are smaller than the -02 series and the view is oriented slightly towards the beach/sea and away from the skyline so you can't see the skyline from bed/without going out onto the balcony, but I think I preferred the layout of the room. They are a triangular shape with a walk-in wardrobe in the middle of the suite and the other rooms radiate off that; they also have a better / more spacious bathroom layout, in my opinion. Will upload some photos shortly when I get chance. Breakfast still very good, room service has been extended to 24 hours albeit still with a quite limited menu, the gym now also has paper cups (although to me it feels a bit cheap not to provide bottled water in a hotel of this category). The hotel's beach area has added a beach card system (you get given it at check-in then trade it for towels and water on the beach) but I still find the whole set up a bit weird with a sectioned off area that's not really fully policed and also slightly uncomfortable beach loungers. Staff are learning and my checkout was slow, for example, but still think this place has strong potential.
TravelTheWorld66 likes this.
lost_in_translation is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.