Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:05 pm

The hotel is now on the main website but no bookable dates yet, it seems.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:30 am

Uhhh...category 5 ??
This is the same as the PH Dubai.
How can a Centric be on par with Park?
I was expecting cat 4, or even 3...
Makes no sense.
tpsmith82 likes this.

Last edited by agjil; Sep 1, 2021 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agjil
Uhhh...category 5 ??
Makes no sense.
Absolutly! That was the 1st thing I noticed as well. Cat 3 would be acceptable.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agjil
Uhhh...category 5 ??
Makes no sense.
Probably very similar ADRs to make this Centric also Cat 5.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Was checking in on some Dubai locations again today and noticed this is now listed as a cat 4...??? Hyatt must be playing around with some category levels or have been reading up on FT! Good to see we'll at least be able to redeem certificates at this location although not sure it would be a better stay than the Grand Hyatt? But glad to see the "devaluation" nonetheless.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Was checking in on some Dubai locations again today and noticed this is now listed as a cat 4...??? Hyatt must be playing around with some category levels or have been reading up on FT! Good to see we'll at least be able to redeem certificates at this location although not sure it would be a better stay than the Grand Hyatt? But glad to see the "devaluation" nonetheless.
I've seen categories for new properties changing a few times until they actually start taking reservations.
I'm not sure what causes the changes, but sometimes categories went up, and sometimes they went down.
Nothing seems to be guaranteed, but hopefully the cat 4 change for this property will stick.

IIRC the GH Dubai was supposed to go down to cat 3 during the annual category adjustment in 2020 just before COVID spread out to the whole world.
However, later in the year the category adjustment got canceled due to the pandemic, so it remained as 4.
I'd be curious to see how good this property is going to be considering the GH was going to be a cat 3.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:56 pm

I have been eyeing this property for some time now and it would seem that the booking system is now open, beginning 12/15. According to the website it will be a category 4. I am tempted to try this hotel as we will be in Dubai the week of 12/20. That said, several categories of rooms do not seem to be available (including suites) until January. With only the base room and likely service errors due to grand opening, I dont get the warm and fuzzies, but I’ve never stayed at a hotel at such a time. Can anyone who has stayed at an opening comment?

The hotel is officially Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai so I wonder if the thread title should be modified
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by illico
I have been eyeing this property for some time now and it would seem that the booking system is now open, beginning 12/15. According to the website it will be a category 4. I am tempted to try this hotel as we will be in Dubai the week of 12/20. That said, several categories of rooms do not seem to be available (including suites) until January. With only the base room and likely service errors due to grand opening, I dont get the warm and fuzzies, but Ive never stayed at a hotel at such a time. Can anyone who has stayed at an opening comment?

The hotel is officially Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai so I wonder if the thread title should be modified
Most likely they will only open a few floors of standard rooms and selected suites in the beginning.
Things in the room may malfunction and you might have to change rooms. Some properties will greatly celebrate an opening (Conrad Osaka had prizes and points for the first guests) and others won't do anything (looking at you GH Jeju). The service wasn't bad at GH Jeju because they had many experienced corporate members there for their opening.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 31, 2021 at 5:42 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:36 pm

I noticed this property started taking reservations for Dec 15 2021 and beyond, and point awards are open at cat 4 rates.
I guess they decided to open it under cat 4 instead of 5 that we saw earlier - yay.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Now open as of today, with the press release from Hyatt indicating the same.

Mods, can you please rename the thread to reflect the proper property name and style of Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD?

khabah
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:31 pm

First review

In the hotel now. Booked standard room on points, upgraded as globalist to one bedroom suite (pretty nice with overview of La Mer and all Dubai skyscrapers).
There is also two-bedroom suite in the hotel with great terrace, but i don't know is it's open for booking already.

There is road construction during the day hours but it's not a problem. Free valet parking. All stuff is very friendly and nice, I think a lot of management is from France, we spoke a little bit with every manager during first days. They all are very friendly.

Breakfast is good, you can see menu here https://qrco.de/bcczi0

Granola/fruits/etc served all together + choice of one egg meal of your choice. Free for Globalists.

There are still some minor works in hotel, but no one disturb us. Location is perfect for us, walking distance to the beach, they have dedicated beach area on La Mer with everything you need on the beach. 20-30 minutes to all attractions by car. Heated pool (small but OK for us).

I will attach some photos tomorrow. But it's Hyatt level of quality, I really like the hotel.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by shevelevee
In the hotel now. Booked standard room on points, upgraded as globalist to one bedroom suite (pretty nice with overview of La Mer and all Dubai skyscrapers).
There is also two-bedroom suite in the hotel with great terrace, but i don't know is it's open for booking already.

There is road construction during the day hours but it's not a problem. Free valet parking. All stuff is very friendly and nice, I think a lot of management is from France, we spoke a little bit with every manager during first days. They all are very friendly.

Breakfast is good, you can see menu here https://qrco.de/bcczi0

Granola/fruits/etc served all together + choice of one egg meal of your choice. Free for Globalists.

There are still some minor works in hotel, but no one disturb us. Location is perfect for us, walking distance to the beach, they have dedicated beach area on La Mer with everything you need on the beach. 20-30 minutes to all attractions by car. Heated pool (small but OK for us).

I will attach some photos tomorrow. But it's Hyatt level of quality, I really like the hotel.
Great to hear, can't wait for the pics.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: Some

I was here at the same time as shevelevee and I think this place has a lot of potential, but still a bit in soft opening currently. Bear in mind I’m quite a harsh critic and it takes quite a lot to impress me these days . Staff everywhere super friendly but clearly still learning a bit. Breakfast I really liked, all a la carte and high quality, good barista coffee included, good service, etc. I thought it was better than, e.g., WA The Palm I had just come from. Room service food also pretty good but limited selection and finishes at 11pm currently. The Executive Suites here are very nice and the views are spectacular. Debated booking one for tonight just for the fireworks but couldn’t really justify it - the view is going to be incredible on NYE. The pool seemed to have work going on during my stay so didn’t use it, it looks OK but unfortunately it’s in the shade other than early morning. Somewhat irrelevant though as you have the beach at La Mer a two minute walk away, the hotel also has a sectioned off area on the beach but they are still working out the system a bit - they need a sign for starters! Gym decent if not spectacular (and no bottled water provided currently, just a water dispenser with no cups!). I would say once this place is fully up and running it will be around the level of e.g. La Ville. Whilst the hotel is complete they are basically still building the grounds including the road up to the property during the day so be aware of that. I would go back once the work outside is done (I think February according to the website).
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

I was here at the same time as shevelevee and I think this place has a lot of potential, but still a bit in soft opening currently. Bear in mind Im quite a harsh critic and it takes quite a lot to impress me these days . Staff everywhere super friendly but clearly still learning a bit. Breakfast I really liked, all a la carte and high quality, good barista coffee included, good service, etc. I thought it was better than, e.g., WA The Palm I had just come from. Room service food also pretty good but limited selection and finishes at 11pm currently. The Executive Suites here are very nice and the views are spectacular. Debated booking one for tonight just for the fireworks but couldnt really justify it - the view is going to be incredible on NYE. The pool seemed to have work going on during my stay so didnt use it, it looks OK but unfortunately its in the shade other than early morning. Somewhat irrelevant though as you have the beach at La Mer a two minute walk away, the hotel also has a sectioned off area on the beach but they are still working out the system a bit - they need a sign for starters! Gym decent if not spectacular (and no bottled water provided currently, just a water dispenser with no cups!). I would say once this place is fully up and running it will be around the level of e.g. La Ville. Whilst the hotel is complete they are basically still building the grounds including the road up to the property during the day so be aware of that. I would go back once the work outside is done (I think February according to the website).

How did you like the location?

Last edited by illico; Dec 31, 2021 at 5:10 pm
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:18 am

Awesome pics, the view of Dubai's skyline looks pretty nice.
Thanks for sharing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.