Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
Please list properties where you have managed to upgrade to a Premium Suite with 9'000 points. Please list alphabetically by country, then state, if applicable to the US:

General Format:

Hotel name, confirmed suite name, rate type paid, rate, date, additional comments if any.
Please use the exact suite and hotel name as stated on the website/confirmed in your reservation e-mail to avoid any confusion

Abbreviations:
PH = Park Hyatt
GH = Grand Hyatt
HR = Hyatt Regency
HC = Hyatt Centric
HH = Hyatt House
HP = Hyatt Place (not valid)
MR = Miraval Resort
UC = The Unbound Collection

China
PH Beijing, Penthouse Suite, ~USD 250, Feb/March 2019
PH Ningbo Resort and Spa, Park Executive Suite, ¥1800/night, Nov 2019
GH Shanghai, Diplomat Sutie, ¥1020/night (=Standard Rate of that day), Jan 2020

France
HR Paris Etoile - booked and received Executive Suite, no further upgrade (description says Eiffel Tower view but our suite didn't have it so assuming they didn't give us a nice one)

Italy
PH Milan, 510 plus 9,000 points for a Park Executive Suite, November 2019.

Japan
GH Fukuoka, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 185/Night, March 2022 & 2023
PH Tokyo, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 625/Night, Feb/March 2019

Korea
PH Seoul, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 275, Feb/March 2019

St. Kitts
PH St. Kitts, Park Executive Suite, Daily Rate, USD 768.18, Feb 2019 - Daily Rate not mentioned on the website, but quoted by my concierge, about 56 USD higher than "standard rate", my corporate rate is not valid for Premium Suite upgrade

Thailand
HR Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB

United Arab Emirates
PH Abu Dhabi, Prince Suite (Premium), USD 438, March 2020
PH Dubai, Park Executive Suite (Premium), USD 244, April 2020
PH Dubai, Park Terrace Suite (Standard), USD 244, April 2020

United States

California

HR San Francisco, Luxury Suite, USD 299
GH SFO Airport, Executive Suite, USD 259, December 2019

Florida
GH Tampa Bay, Bayview Suite, USD 243, Jan/Feb 2024

Hawaii
HR Waikiki, Penthouse Suite, USD 359
Print Wikipost

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:43 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Park Hyatt St. Kitts

I haven't seen a thread on experiences with the new benefit of upgrading to Premium Suites using 9000 points. So I'll start with my experience, initiate a Wiki, too.

Park Hyatt St. Kitts, upgrade to Park Executive Suite, Feb 2019

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 5, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Sweet thread. Hope to hear from a lot of people, always looking for best upgrade value proposition options:
All mine are from an upcoming trip late Feb/Early March 2019.

PH Beijing: ~$250/Night, Penthouse Suite
PH Seoul: ~$275/Night, Diplomat Suite
PH Tokyo: ~$625/Night, Diplomat Suite

P.S: Enjoy your PE Suite at St. Kitts, we stayed in one back in November and loved it.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Is that dollar amount what you paid for regular room? and upgraded 9000 points/night?
Originally Posted by joecool1885
PH Beijing: ~$250/Night, Penthouse Suite
PH Seoul: ~$275/Night, Diplomat Suite
PH Tokyo: ~$625/Night, Diplomat Suite
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I haven't seen a thread on experiences with the new benefit of upgrading to Premium Suites using 9000 points. So I'll start with my experience, initiate a Wiki, too.

Park Hyatt St. Kitts, upgrade to Park Executive Suite, Feb 2019
Thanks for the wiki! Super helpful.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And thats how we accelerate demise of good things...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
And thats how we accelerate demise of good things...
What do you mean exactly? Hyatt rolls out a program specifically to upgrade to premium suites for 9000 points, to great fanfare. Users post the hotel and type of room they received under said program. You think Hyatt will shut the program down if people start using it?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Richey66
Is that dollar amount what you paid for regular room? and upgraded 9000 points/night?
Correct.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
What do you mean exactly? Hyatt rolls out a program specifically to upgrade to premium suites for 9000 points, to great fanfare. Users post the hotel and type of room they received under said program. You think Hyatt will shut the program down if people start using it?
no but properties will quickly adjust what they put in premium suite pool and availability.. we just need a few blogs highlighting 20c/pt value while peddling cc signups..
antonius66 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by azepine00
no but properties will quickly adjust what they put in premium suite pool and availability.. we just need a few blogs highlighting 20c/pt value while peddling cc signups..
The major blogs all prominently covered the Hyatt program change that allowed premium suite redemptions, including the great cpp redemption opportunities. And yet I recall no reports of hordes of churners overwhelming the properties with premium suite requests.

Bottom line is these redemptions are too expensive and require too much effort to generate that level of interest. First, you have to pay the full rate at a top tier property (which the vast majority of churners will never do), and then you have to call to check availability and book.

Personally I think this thread is a great idea. My contribution: Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB + 9k points.
59Impala and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
The major blogs all prominently covered the Hyatt program change that allowed premium suite redemptions, including the great cpp redemption opportunities. And yet I recall no reports of hordes of churners overwhelming the properties with premium suite requests.

Bottom line is these redemptions are too expensive and require too much effort to generate that level of interest. First, you have to pay the full rate at a top tier property (which the vast majority of churners will never do), and then you have to call to check availability and book.

Personally I think this thread is a great idea. My contribution: Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB + 9k points.
Dont underestimate the power of Chinese blogs on the other hand. I think the PH Tokyo premium suite option was quickly downgraded to Governors suite from Diplomat after they pretty much had their inventory wiped out for the whole Summer. (Sadly I was too late to join)

but I agree that the high base rate at most nice Hyatts deter many people from doing this to some extent.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Dont underestimate the power of Chinese blogs on the other hand. I think the PH Tokyo premium suite option was quickly downgraded to Governors suite from Diplomat after they pretty much had their inventory wiped out for the whole Summer. (Sadly I was too late to join)

but I agree that the high base rate at most nice Hyatts deter many people from doing this to some extent.
Dang, hadn't heard that. Glad I booked PH Tokyo when I did!
But honestly, are there any really supreme options available outside a select few in Asia? It all lines up for me perfectly because I have a trip to several PH in Asia planned, but so far haven't heard much about other countries.

I figure most hotels pre-set mid-tier suites as their premium. And I've looked into 4 other hotels in Asia with less than spectacular results: GH HK, GH Sanya, PH Sanya, GH Tokyo.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Dont underestimate the power of Chinese blogs on the other hand.
What blogs are these? Is it against the rules to name them?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:07 am

One stay down, two to go. PH Beijing Penthouse Suite. Did I need two floors for myself? …..Yes, yes I did.

Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:36 am

Just got home Tuesday from my Asia trip. Several different Hyatt properties, but used the Premium Suite Upgrade for PH Beijing, PH Seoul, PH Tokyo. Beijing wins best room with the Penthouse Suite. While the main entrance is floor 60 (room 6001) The bedroom of the suite is on floor 59 with direct access to pool, spa, fitness center. There are no other rooms on floor 59. While you can hear noise in the room from outside, it was light and unproblematic.
Also, I'm only Explorist, but they gave me free breakfast, and though it wasn't perfectly clear why, it seemed like that was an unadvertised perk of the room. Also, free non-alcoholic drinks from the mini-bar.
PH Seoul--- Diplomat suite room 2009. Room was very hot when we got there, maybe because of all the windows, but more likely because of radiant heat from bathroom heated floor. Managed to cool it to a comfortable level, but could've been better. Rain shower was oversized and awesome, though it took literal minutes (3-5) to get hot water from it, I think turning on tub faucet to hot helped expedite it. Fireplace can be started on request of service person, didn't bother going through that trouble though. Also the least impressive hotel of the three, though it was still an overall great experience.
PH Tokyo- Diplomat Suite room 4808 (I've heard that they now only upgrade to Governor instead of Diplomatic, not sure the accuracy of this). Stiff bed, least impressive bathroom of them all (they had body sprays, unlike the others, but much smaller tub and no rain-shower head). The room had more elegance to it than the other 2 though, attributed to the piano and all the books.
My overall impression here was that the hotel was ever so slightly better than PH Beijing, but Beijing did have a more comfortable mattress and free breakfast. New York Bar > China Bar, both were great.

benjahman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joecool1885
PH Seoul--- Diplomat suite room 2009. Room was very hot when we got there, maybe because of all the windows, but more likely because of radiant heat from bathroom heated floor. Managed to cool it to a comfortable level, but could've been better. Rain shower was oversized and awesome, though it took literal minutes (3-5) to get hot water from it, I think turning on tub faucet to hot helped expedite it. Fireplace can be started on request of service person, didn't bother going through that trouble though. Also the least impressive hotel of the three, though it was still an overall great experience.
Definitely hot because of all the windows for PH Seoul. Gets blasted on both sides by the sun if the shades are down. The bathroom heating is only in the bathroom area. The granite tub is a nice looking tub, even, if a little impractical and not really suited for laying back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.