Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
Please list properties where you have managed to upgrade to a Premium Suite with 9'000 points. Please list alphabetically by country, then state, if applicable to the US:

General Format:

Hotel name, confirmed suite name, rate type paid, rate, date, additional comments if any.
Please use the exact suite and hotel name as stated on the website/confirmed in your reservation e-mail to avoid any confusion

Abbreviations:
PH = Park Hyatt
GH = Grand Hyatt
HR = Hyatt Regency
HC = Hyatt Centric
HH = Hyatt House
HP = Hyatt Place (not valid)
MR = Miraval Resort
UC = The Unbound Collection

China
PH Beijing, Penthouse Suite, ~USD 250, Feb/March 2019
PH Ningbo Resort and Spa, Park Executive Suite, ¥1800/night, Nov 2019
GH Shanghai, Diplomat Sutie, ¥1020/night (=Standard Rate of that day), Jan 2020

France
HR Paris Etoile - booked and received Executive Suite, no further upgrade (description says Eiffel Tower view but our suite didn't have it so assuming they didn't give us a nice one)

Italy
PH Milan, 510 plus 9,000 points for a Park Executive Suite, November 2019.

Japan
GH Fukuoka, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 185/Night, March 2022 & 2023
PH Tokyo, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 625/Night, Feb/March 2019

Korea
PH Seoul, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 275, Feb/March 2019

St. Kitts
PH St. Kitts, Park Executive Suite, Daily Rate, USD 768.18, Feb 2019 - Daily Rate not mentioned on the website, but quoted by my concierge, about 56 USD higher than "standard rate", my corporate rate is not valid for Premium Suite upgrade

Thailand
HR Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB

United Arab Emirates
PH Abu Dhabi, Prince Suite (Premium), USD 438, March 2020
PH Dubai, Park Executive Suite (Premium), USD 244, April 2020
PH Dubai, Park Terrace Suite (Standard), USD 244, April 2020

United States

California

HR San Francisco, Luxury Suite, USD 299
GH SFO Airport, Executive Suite, USD 259, December 2019

Florida
GH Tampa Bay, Bayview Suite, USD 243, Jan/Feb 2024

Hawaii
HR Waikiki, Penthouse Suite, USD 359
Print Wikipost

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Booked Deluxe Corner at PH Zurich, further upgraded to Ambassador. (Explorist, 1 night stay)
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have used the upgrade to premium suite for 9,000 points quite often and gotten grate value. Today I noticed one of my favorite hotel in South America stopped offering the option to book the upgrade with points rate online. When I decided to check other hotels in Europe, Asia and North America, I couldn't find that rate available to be booked online.

Hopefully, it isn't unannounced removal of the upgrade with points rate.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:04 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by raylee123
I have used the upgrade to premium suite for 9,000 points quite often and gotten grate value. Today I noticed one of my favorite hotel in South America stopped offering the option to book the upgrade with points rate online. When I decided to check other hotels in Europe, Asia and North America, I couldn't find that rate available to be booked online.

when the introduced this option I saw so many hotels offering it. Now I hardly ever see the option to book online….
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:28 pm

Their T&C still lists it. You'd have to call to see if there's availability. Find a premium suite bookable on points first, then call and see if you can do the points + cash upgrade.

But yeah, a few weeks ago even the 6K and 9K options were available online, but not anymore. With any luck, they've just made it so you have to call (would increase availability, IMO).

I've already secured all my trips for the next year, so I'm golden on that front. But would suck for future trips. Booked the 6K and 9K options on upcoming stays to PH Paris, Milan, and Vienna.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:26 pm

I'm hoping the removal of this functionality from online and via the app was a mistake during some update. I found it so much easier to book these upgrades by myself. Many times when I called WOH, they would have a hard time finding the proper award type for the upgrade awards (9000 pts premium and 6000 pts standard) and would often try to quote the cash and points rate for a suite instead. Having the online functionality also allowed for easy changes when the underlying standard room rate went down. I hope the ability to book these upgrade awards online and via the app returns soon!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by hawaii777
I'm hoping the removal of this functionality from online and via the app was a mistake during some update. I found it so much easier to book these upgrades by myself. Many times when I called WOH, they would have a hard time finding the proper award type for the upgrade awards (9000 pts premium and 6000 pts standard) and would often try to quote the cash and points rate for a suite instead. Having the online functionality also allowed for easy changes when the underlying standard room rate went down. I hope the ability to book these upgrade awards online and via the app returns soon!
I haven't tried anything over the phone, hoping someone else here makes a booking and reports back.

Frankly I'd be okay if it's just phone availability. Get the feeling that would improve availability (since less people would know or spend the time). I'm just concerned it's gone altogether.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold

Okay, I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I too have used this in the past, most recently in early March to book the Diplomat Suite at the GH Fukuoka next Spring. For the last few weeks, I can't find the LP SUITE UPGRADE rate offered at any Hyatt property I look at, including ones where I know I've been able to book it before. This is such a bummer! I'm sure they must have realized how much of a bargain this was compared to the alternatives. I mean, I can see how this rate would have diluted the benefit of suite upgrade certs if anyone at any status level can just fork over 6 or 9k points on top of the standard room rate at the time of booking to secure rooms that may have a rate difference of upwards of $1000/night. And if enough people were taking advantage of the rate, it probably didn't leave many suites left at popular properties to give as upgrades to loyal Globalists...

Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by socalgecko
Okay, I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I too have used this in the past, most recently in early March to book the Diplomat Suite at the GH Fukuoka next Spring. For the last few weeks, I can't find the LP SUITE UPGRADE rate offered at any Hyatt property I look at, including ones where I know I've been able to book it before. This is such a bummer! I'm sure they must have realized how much of a bargain this was compared to the alternatives. I mean, I can see how this rate would have diluted the benefit of suite upgrade certs if anyone at any status level can just fork over 6 or 9k points on top of the standard room rate at the time of booking to secure rooms that may have a rate difference of upwards of $1000/night. And if enough people were taking advantage of the rate, it probably didn't leave many suites left at popular properties to give as upgrades to loyal Globalists...

How did this dilute suite upgrade certs provided to Globalists? Those are only good for a confirmed upgrade to a standard suite, not a premium suite.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by socalgecko

It is still lasting as far as I know. The chart is still published on the Hyatt site. They've just apparently stopped showing this option bookable online. Presumably this makes it a little less likely to be utilized.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
How did this dilute suite upgrade certs provided to Globalists? Those are only good for a confirmed upgrade to a standard suite, not a premium suite.
The Suite Upgrade rate also offered confirmed upgrades to standard suites for 6000 points.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
It is still lasting as far as I know. The chart is still published on the Hyatt site. They've just apparently stopped showing this option bookable online. Presumably this makes it a little less likely to be utilized.
+1. Unless someone has called to confirm otherwise, one should be able to call to book this type of rate (Id guess its available if a full points for premium suite is available)
Old May 6, 2022, 9:19 am

It appears that the 6K/9K upgrade options have been restored for online bookings.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AA -PLT
Originally Posted by joecool1885
It appears that the 6K/9K upgrade options have been restored for online bookings.
​​​​​​
I can also confirm that they have returned. A hotel I was looking at yesterday didn't have the option, but now it does. I was able to snag a premium suite upgrade.
joecool1885 and 59Impala like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:43 pm

About Park Hyatt Tokyo point Upgrade in April 2023

I share my case about recently

I have a plan to go Tokyo in April 2023 and I want to upgrade premium suite

I already booked standard room and then I email to Park Hyatt Tokyo to upgrade premium suite
I use this method to upgrade standard Suite (Park Suite)many years ago.

but the reply is not good and I think upgrade to premium suite at Park Hyatt Tokyo is very difficult at that moment.

Their reply:
"During this period, our premium suite(Governors Suite/2 double beds) is unfortunately only available with fully paid plan.
I humbly inform you that point upgrade is not an add-on but a plan.
I checked point upgrade plan but Governors Suite is not available under that plan."

I will cancel the booking because I cannot upgrade.

I will try to ask anther Tokyo Hyatt hotel,my another target is Andaz Tokyo.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:47 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anthonyma

I will try to ask anther Tokyo Hyatt hotel,my another target is Andaz Tokyo.
Sorry, but you’ll almost certainly have the same response from Andaz. Even suite upgrades with TSUs aren’t available there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.