Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Excellent thanks for the data point! Now just need to decide if we want to go Jan or March 2020 (last time we went we did March and actually enjoyed the spring skiing)
For 2020 the Park Hyatt should be open, and for now no Hyatt-branded hotels can go higher than Cat 7. (so PH would be the obvious choice subject to availability)
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:46 pm

I wouldn't say "can't". They just said they don't plan on it for now, which means until they do. Zero chance they leave a Hyatt House as a 7 and don't make the PH an 8.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bookable on Hyatt.com:

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I wonder if it will change to a lesser cat when PH opens? Doubt it but would be nice to have different priced options.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone stay here yet? I think we may target Jan 2020 and availability looks decent -- especially since I know the Hilton is a non-starter (points stays will never see the light of day in the winter there).

Guess we could always snag this and then switch the the PH if it opens and isn't outrageously more expensive on points
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Anyone stay here yet? I think we may target Jan 2020 and availability looks decent -- especially since I know the Hilton is a non-starter (points stays will never see the light of day in the winter there).

Guess we could always snag this and then switch the the PH if it opens and isn't outrageously more expensive on points
I stayed here a few weeks ago overall great property but its still getting things up and running. I was upgraded to the two bedroom penthouse suite and enjoyed it greatly outside the smelly bath tho its indoor and outdoor. Breakfast is ok nothing too amazing but locations is great, street food near by at night and I stopped at Costco to get a bunch of a4 beef to cook so the kitchen was handy. A ski shop is located inside the hotel and shuttles ran often. Oh one last note niseko seems like the place to go for Australians as it was full of them
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP

Hilton finally opened some dates for points this winter season. Took them forever to do so and thus can not be relied upon for planning purposes. I'm going next month. I do miss the days of 30k/night stays there. Still valuable at 60k with the current rates though.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I stayed here a few weeks ago overall great property but its still getting things up and running. I was upgraded to the two bedroom penthouse suite and enjoyed it greatly outside the smelly bath tho its indoor and outdoor. Breakfast is ok nothing too amazing but locations is great, street food near by at night and I stopped at Costco to get a bunch of a4 beef to cook so the kitchen was handy. A ski shop is located inside the hotel and shuttles ran often. Oh one last note niseko seems like the place to go for Australians as it was full of them
All good to hear -- I hadn't even considered the "House" part coming with the kitchen (duh) which is attractive even if Costco wouldn't be realistic for us we can presumably swing by somewhere in Niseko.

Not surprised on the Australians -- was turned onto Niseko for our first trip by some Australian friends of mine -- was talking to them about wanting to go skiing in New Zealand and they said don't bother and pointed me to Japan/Niseko instead and I stumbled upon the Hilton and made it work with my then business school spring break for some spring skiing.

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Hilton finally opened some dates for points this winter season. Took them forever to do so and thus can not be relied upon for planning purposes. I'm going next month. I do miss the days of 30k/night stays there. Still valuable at 60k with the current rates though.
Me too -- there's part of me tempted to wait until March and go spring skiing and hold out for the Hilton but with our work schedules doing the late December / early January thing is the easiest option especially heading all the way to Japan from the East Coast
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if the bedrooms in the multi-bedroom suites each have their own complete bathroom?

Also, is there any reason to visit this area in summer as part of a Hokkaido tour?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF

Also, is there any reason to visit this area in summer as part of a Hokkaido tour?
If you like hiking, mountains and nature?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Aussies have been flocking to Niseko before it was popular.

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Yeah I miss the days of 30k as well. Keep checking after you make a reservation though, sometimes rates go down and you can rebook for cheaper.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Yeah I miss the days of 30k as well. Keep checking after you make a reservation though, sometimes rates go down and you can rebook for cheaper.
Was just looking at my bill from 2015 -- paid 48k points + 24k JPY for a 4 night early March stay -- quite a sea change.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was going to make a booking here for next March as a hedge in case the Hilton doesn't open up but it looks like they've added the following requirement on award stays:
Details
AGENT NOTES:
Deposit Policy
Deposit Required By April 19, 2019 [tomorrow].
Deposit By Credit Card Required. 1 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card.Cancellation PolicyOne Night Deposit/Bal Due 60day/Non Refundable

No thanks -- among other things booking for 4 or 5 nights would mean a $1600 - $2000 deposit held for 9 months
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:28 am

what does "Cancellation Policy: One Night Deposit/Bal Due 60day/Non Refundable" even mean?

i suspect they mean one night deposit at booking which is refundable up until 60 days prior to arrival.
within 60 days prior to arrival, then whole stay in non-refundable.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
what does "Cancellation Policy: One Night Deposit/Bal Due 60day/Non Refundable" even mean?

i suspect they mean one night deposit at booking which is refundable up until 60 days prior to arrival.
within 60 days prior to arrival, then whole stay in non-refundable.
Yes, that's what it means. Don't forget balance is due 60 days prior to arrival and entire balance becomes nonrefundable at that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.