Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

Japan's first Hyatt House, and Hokkaido's first Hyatt, looks set to open next month.

Can't find a website for it yet, but here is a Japanese article with a picture of the building:

https://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/sp/article/235934
yoganeck likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wow. Just what I need. Looking forward to the Park Hyatt as well, but a HH is more of my style for ski trips.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Found a post on Instagram. Looks like an existing building repurposed as a HH.

Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:42 am

The hotels name is Shiki Niseko it looks good and I expect cat 5-6. They have a Michelin star resturant on property and up to 3 bed room suites. They have been remodeling starting a few months ago in the lobby I assume to meet brand standards.
yoganeck and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:47 pm

Nice option for sure.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:28 am

Website is up

They added the website still dont know the Cat yet.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...e-niseko/ctsxn
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm honestly not sure why a hotel such as this in Niseko would bother joining Hyatt, to be honest. Demand in the Hirafu area is *extraordinarily* high during the ski season and hotels generally will sell out months in advance. Perhaps it's so the hotel can sell occupancy during the low season due to name recognition, as well as the fact that any reimbursement on point stays from Hyatt during the ski season will be close to the standard rate as the hotel will generally always be sold out?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
They added the website still dont know the Cat yet.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...e-niseko/ctsxn
Only the "Ultimate" stay cert is valid here, so I would say Cat 6 or 7.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Nice addition -- looks like they are selling for $900 USD a night this upcoming ski season with no award availability loaded yet.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Nice addition -- looks like they are selling for $900 USD a night this upcoming ski season with no award availability loaded yet.
Ouch.

I know it's early days, but it looks like a hotel that won't have award availability in winter (too many different room categories for starters --> only a few standard rooms for points) and will cost too many points in off-peak season. (based on annual average room rate so a minimum Cat 5 I'd say, yet will cost 15-20K yen at most once the skiing is finished)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Between the PH (when it opens) and the HH, there better be winter availability. No Maui games please or else Ill be at the Hilton.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Between the PH (when it opens) and the HH, there better be winter availability. No Maui games please or else Ill be at the Hilton.
The Hilton has been playing games with award availability for the past couple of years now, so good luck with that one as well...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
The Hilton has been playing games with award availability for the past couple of years now, so good luck with that one as well...
Exactly. Hilton is 200K+ points per night and forget about 5th night free.

The no-games options appear to be the Stariott hotels, but they aren't in Niseko.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
lets not kid ourselves, doubt the PH and the Hyatt House will have any award availability in winter season.......
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btang
lets not kid ourselves, doubt the PH and the Hyatt House will have any award availability in winter season.......
I was hoping they would at least accidentally load some at first a la some airlines launching a new route...

That said Hilton can be had for 60k/night in early March which isn't a terrible time to go to Niseko. My one Niseko visit was mid-March at the Hilton in 2015 and we had great snow -- so hopefully Hyatt follows suit and at least makes late season available

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.