Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
The Hilton has been playing games with award availability for the past couple of years now, so good luck with that one as well...
I was there last year and it worked out great. I did have to play the games. Booked at 80k per night and kept rebooking as prices went down. Eventually got at 40k per night.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

CAT 7 :(

Just got off the phone with a Hyatt rep that was super helpful on some other issues and I thought I would ask about the cat for this hotel. It will be the first cat 7 Hyatt House and they will allow premium suite awards to the 2 bedroom units for 60k, no standard suite awards. She also said its open now for booking.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hyatt really needs a seasonal redemption policy. No way this place is worth Cat 7 outside of the ski season.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hyatt really needs a seasonal redemption policy. No way this place is worth Cat 7 outside of the ski season.
No thanks, that'd open pandoras box!

The only thing such a chain wide "floating policy" would accomplish is that other properties such as HR Vancouver skyrocket to 30k during the summer.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If the HH is Cat 7, surely the PH will be the first Hyatt in Cat 8. Can't imagine any argument for them being the same category.

Also still don't see a single award night even choosing random summer dates.

Perhaps waiting to load until after winter 2019/2020 rooms are booked so they can *mysteriously* not have any to offer.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
If the HH is Cat 7, surely the PH will be the first Hyatt in Cat 8. Can't imagine any argument for them being the same category.
I said the same thing to the agent on the phone.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why would you really want to go there? Knowing when to spend cash and when to spend points isn't all that hard. Go "seasonal" or "dynamic" and you end up as Hilton Honors... with virtually no out-sized value from using points. Just a rebate scheme easily devalued...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
60K for a PS HH??? And if they make PH cat 8 good luck finding anything until summer.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Why would you really want to go there? Knowing when to spend cash and when to spend points isn't all that hard. Go "seasonal" or "dynamic" and you end up as Hilton Honors... with virtually no out-sized value from using points. Just a rebate scheme easily devalued...
I haven't seen any outsized value since the start of WoH.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I haven't seen any outsized value since the start of WoH.
Still bitter about losing Diamond?

The award chart didn't change with WoH, so it's a pretty weak argument to blame WoH for destroying out-sized value when spending points. It didn't... lots of hotels where I can simply buy points during the promos and save on the cash room rate. Japan is still an excellent example - Osaka, most of the Tokyo hotels, etc. - not to mention loads of resort properties across Asia.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:33 pm

Also note they have a 60 day cancellation policy on all bookings including points.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Still bitter about losing Diamond?
Sure, I'll always be bitter about being specifically singled out to not be able to qualify anymore. But that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that.I haven't seen any "outsized" value from points in a long time.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like all rooms are classified as suites which may be how they are getting around offering a single night of award availability at the standard level. Wonder if they would let you redeem at the premium level if you called in -- might give it a try over the weekend.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:04 pm

Booked

Just booked 2 nights jan 3-5 for the 1 bed room apt for 30k points a night. The 2 bed rooms are 60k a night and bookable as well. You do need to call it in as it will not let you book online.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Just booked 2 nights jan 3-5 for the 1 bed room apt for 30k points a night. The 2 bed rooms are 60k a night and bookable as well. You do need to call it in as it will not let you book online.
Excellent thanks for the data point! Now just need to decide if we want to go Jan or March 2020 (last time we went we did March and actually enjoyed the spring skiing)
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.