Wiki Posts
Search

Brand Explorer Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Brand Explorer Question

Good day!
Perhaps a silly question, but just want some reassurance on my thinking here...

Have stayed at the following Hyatt brands:
Hyatt Regency, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, and Hyatt Centric.

I need one more and have an upcoming trip to Las Vegas. When searching on Hyatt's website you get results such as MGM Grand, Bellagio, etc.... would those in any way count towards this, or are they simply just affiliates or something? Again, just looking for some clarification. TIA
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bearsball88
Good day!
Perhaps a silly question, but just want some reassurance on my thinking here...

Have stayed at the following Hyatt brands:
Hyatt Regency, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, and Hyatt Centric.

I need one more and have an upcoming trip to Las Vegas. When searching on Hyatt's website you get results such as MGM Grand, Bellagio, etc.... would those in any way count towards this, or are they simply just affiliates or something? Again, just looking for some clarification. TIA
No, they won't count. You'll need one of the listed brands to complete your 5 stays.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
No, they won't count. You'll need one of the listed brands to complete your 5 stays.
AND - if you complete 10 stays/10 brands you'll get a 2nd night!

I wish they'd let us start over once we do that. Seems a little lame for it to still show up after you've hit 10+...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

It seems plausible that with the Two Roads acquisition, they'll go beyond 15 brands. If so, I'd bet they'll allow for a 3rd brand explorer award. A full reset after a number of years if you've hit 10 would be nice though.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
It seems plausible that with the Two Roads acquisition, they'll go beyond 15 brands. If so, I'd bet they'll allow for a 3rd brand explorer award. A full reset after a number of years if you've hit 10 would be nice though.
I know they’ve said they are keeping all of the Two Roads brands but I think that’s a short term thing. There’s tons of overlap and it make sense to rebrand in time... Marriott now is a mess of overlapping brands and I’d like Hyatt won’t repeat that mistake.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Sorry if I have missed this somehow.

Is this 5 brands lifetime, or is there a deadline? I have no T&C given in my Hyatt account info.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sorry if I have missed this somehow.

Is this 5 brands lifetime, or is there a deadline? I have no T&C given in my Hyatt account info.
Lifetime. Once triggered, free night is valid for a year IIRC.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
They really need to rethink this. The basic premise is great, but to tout it as a major benefit of membership and make it once-in-a-lifetime is silly. It takes a prominent spot in our account page and remains expanded. I sort of dread seeing it over and over once I've maxed out.

C'mon, Hyatt. Make it an annual thing or a start-over goal once maxed out. And isn't it only Cat 1-4? That would be fine for an annual award but not for a lifetime. If you're going to make it lifetime, then at least make it 1-4 for the first five and 1-7 after that.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JackE
They really need to rethink this. The basic premise is great, but to tout it as a major benefit of membership and make it once-in-a-lifetime is silly. It takes a prominent spot in our account page and remains expanded. I sort of dread seeing it over and over once I've maxed out.

C'mon, Hyatt. Make it an annual thing or a start-over goal once maxed out. And isn't it only Cat 1-4? That would be fine for an annual award but not for a lifetime. If you're going to make it lifetime, then at least make it 1-4 for the first five and 1-7 after that.
I agree. Doesn't give much incentive to try anything beyond the old standbys once you're done them.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE

I suspect it will happen eventually, but might require a recession...

The problem is the difficulty of analysing the financial benefit for Hyatt. How can they really tell from the data that my Unbound or Residence Club or Zilara or whatever stays only happened because of this element of WoH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.