Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KL808
Just got a new concierge (Karen W.). Looks like she has better reviews than my previous one (Anne S.). I sent her a request, and let see how she follows up.
Please report back.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:09 am

I had Anne S. since Private line became Concierge. Found the service and her helpfulness as minimal, similar to other reports. On a trip to Ziva Jamaica I had a major issue with the hotel. I was on a paid night with a suite upgrade applied. I was given a suite that shared a wall with their night club. The wall shakes all night long on our first night. The property refused to move us, so I reached out to my concierge (Anne) to see if she could help, and basically I got a one sentence apology and zero assistance. I ended up convincing the hotel to move me to a standard room and to provide some points to offset the upgrade cert.

I never used Anne again. About a month ago I was told my concierge Anne left, and my new concierge is Katisha. I tried using the service again and am so far very underwhelmed. I just don’t see the value proposition. Maybe the Twitter team is just so much better (despite being the same people as others suggest - just with a better chance of getting a top performing agent).

Im in my 6th year as a Diamond/Globalist with >110 nights the last 2 years and likely this year. Im still waiting on any “surprise and delight” moments from my concierge service.

RIP SPG ambassador program. You set the bar high. If Hyatt could replicate it, it would be a slam dunk. Isn’t that why Hyatt recruited all of those SPG VPs, anyways?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA
RIP SPG ambassador program. You set the bar high. If Hyatt could replicate it, it would be a slam dunk. Isn’t that why Hyatt recruited all of those SPG VPs, anyways?
RIP indeed. Was a great run.

I will be curious when I get my Concierge next week to see what the communication is like. Knowing how Marriott neutered the Ambassador program, if I could get a same day response from a Hyatt Concierge that would be a great place to start.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Keep in mind, if you hit 60 nights next week, it could be a month before you're assigned a concierge.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Mine was changed from my previous one, who I never used, to a new one a couple of months ago. After a nice email intro exchange at the point of change, I haven't tried to use her until this week. Monday, I sent her an email and asked a simple question and a favor as I wasn't in a place that I could reasonably call the hotel. Her work days/hours listed in her email signature indicated that she was in the office. Its Friday, and still no response.

So......back to doing things on my own as I've see this "benefit" as close to useless for the past few years. My original PL agent from ~10 years ago was amazing and has stayed a casual friend years after she left Hyatt, but that level of service is far in the rear view mirror just like FFN and G bonuses.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Similar experience. Very slow to respond. I can get it done faster by calling regular number.
beachfan likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:30 am

I just got my globalist concerige 5 weeks ago. No names but he told me that guest of honor bookings do not get complimentary suite upgrades and wasn't sure if the guest of honors get lounge access. Am I being punked or is this expected.
bhrubin and 59Impala like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Your getting punked. GOH get all benefits of the Globalist booking
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:52 am

I knew this and read it in all the reviews, but I just cant believe that the globalist concierge didnt know that. I asked many times just to confirm I was hearing right. I will not be calling him back. just gonna use the globalist line.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by shadowlines
I knew this and read it in all the reviews, but I just cant believe that the globalist concierge didnt know that. I asked many times just to confirm I was hearing right. I will not be calling him back. just gonna use the globalist line.
I can't believe it! Globalist status and the Globalist concierges are supposed to always be so impressive and amazing to hear it in the other forums.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if maybe your concierge was thinking of using TSUs? Those don't work on GoH bookings.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:48 pm

I guess reshuffling continues as I got assigned a new one the other day.

-David
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Got an email from one of the concierges (not mine "of record") that I have several free nights in my account and that one expires next month and not to forget about it. I must say that's a nice touch and makes me think well of WOH. Is this a normal practice? I have only been Globalist since late December.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Got an email from one of the concierges (not mine "of record") that I have several free nights in my account and that one expires next month and not to forget about it. I must say that's a nice touch and makes me think well of WOH. Is this a normal practice? I have only been Globalist since late December.
Sounds like something mine would do... but I have a really awesome one 😬.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Lots
I saw Christie E. mentioned up above, she's my concierge and so far has been great. Very quick responses with confirming TSUs and getting a Chinese address to show a taxi driver. Excellent assistance recently when I had 2 award rooms booked for an SLH property but apparently one didn't confirm so was notified two weeks after booking that it had been cancelled. My initial request to cancel the other booking since I needed two rooms was met with a response that the cancellation deadline had passed so I would have to pay a fee. A quick email to Christie E. explaining the situation and she took care of it within an hour. I'm pretty low maintenance so don't know that I'll need her help too much but that was the perfect situation where having a concierge came in handy saving me from what I'm sure would have been days of back and forth emails / calls. I'm still screwed in having to make new arrangements but Christie really came through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.