Globalist Concierge Advice

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Interesting that others have had better experiences with Hyatt Concierge than Marriott Ambassador. For me I am still getting far better service from Marriott - maybe I just had a string of bad luck with the Concierges that I had in the past.

If my Hyatt Concierge was better then I would move a decent number of nights away from Hilton and Accor to Hyatt but that has not happened yet.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I’ve had great luck with Quita, she’s been great.

My Concierge, Karen W. is pretty good. But last week she was on vacation and Quita L. helped me and I was really pleasantly surprised. She took the email I sent and called the hotel to make sure what I needed was addressed and also got me upgraded into a suite for a connecting room as I was staying with my kids. She said she would personally call the hotel manager a few days before to confirm all was ok.

Two thumbs up for both Quita L and Karen W.

Originally Posted by antonius66
Just got an email from my new concierge, Karen W. Was told my previous pl agent, Becky S. had moved to another part of Hyatt. Anyone have any experience with Karen? Hoping for good things. Becky always took good care of me, even if it was sometimes a little tough to get a hold of her.
Karen W. is pretty good. I just got assigned her last month when I re-qualified for Globalist. I had a bunch of separate reservations 4 because I was using 3 with free night certificates accumulated for having the card plus $15,000 spend plus I used points. I wanted connecting rooms at the new Andaz in Vienna. I emailed the hotel to request connecting rooms and they never responded even after 2 weeks. So I asked her if she can make sure. She merged all of the reservations into two instead of four different reservations and also got me a suite upgrade on one of them without burning an upgrade certificate.

​​​​​​​I can highly recommend her.

Last edited by saint; Jun 7, 2019 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by escape4
Interesting that others have had better experiences with Hyatt Concierge than Marriott Ambassador. For me I am still getting far better service from Marriott - maybe I just had a string of bad luck with the Concierges that I had in the past.

If my Hyatt Concierge was better then I would move a decent number of nights away from Hilton and Accor to Hyatt but that has not happened yet.
And yet neither Hilton nor Accor offer anything similar to the Concierge service?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
And yet neither Hilton nor Accor offer anything similar to the Concierge service?
I am speaking about a potential change in how many nights I stay at each hotel chain relative to today, not the absolute number at this point in time. And anyway the number of nights I have at each is based on many factors other than whether a hotel chain has a concierge or not. All else being equal if Hyatt concierge could do better for me then I would shift more nights to Hyatt, that is a simple fact. If not, then I am content with my current allocation.

That said, Hilton Diamond desk is currently more responsive than two of my three previous Hyatt Concierges. In fact Hyatt Concierge has not been particularly useful for some stretches of time that it was forcing me to use the generic Concierge line, therefore it's not better than Hilton in that case in fact it was worse since after waiting for a couple days with no response I end up contacting the general line. Having a dedicated Concierge means Hyatt *should* do better than Hilton and clearly for many folks here that is the case; I would be pleased to report the same for me but that time has not come yet.

Accor is a distant #4 in my hotel chains.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I have gotten better service from the Hyatt FB Messenger team (replies in under 10 minutes) than from my new Ambassador (a few days, or a week, or not at all...totally random)
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
... which is why a more-worthwhile Hyatt benefit might swing OP's purchasing decision to Hyatt... does that really need to be explained?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
... which is why a more-worthwhile Hyatt benefit might swing OP's purchasing decision to Hyatt... does that really need to be explained?
Exactly! It's like there is a low hanging fruit... Hyatt is well set up to offer superior service due to the availability of a Concierge, yet it's not happening. At least for me that is, or it would be more accurate to say hit & miss because I did have one responsive concierge a while back before he left Hyatt.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I have gotten better service from the Hyatt FB Messenger team (replies in under 10 minutes) than from my new Ambassador (a few days, or a week, or not at all...totally random)
FB messenger = I was not aware. Thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
FB messenger = I was not aware. Thanks for the tip!
Amazingly responsive and able to actually make it happen. Light night and day from the rotting carcass known as Marriott CS.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Should Hyatt better go to a collective mailbox system that is monitored 24/7 and processed immediately by a "Duty Concierge" team?
This is basically the question I posed back in post 90. If the service isn't going to be personalized and there is so much variance in guest experience (as demonstrated in this thread), then surely it's better to have a top notch group available full-time.

However, as I also stated in that post, I do feel the concierge program is beneficial in its current state.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
I had Cassie and she was doing fine until recently she would not respond anymore so I started just using the Globalist line. Now out of nowhere I received an e-mail informing me that my new Concierge is Frances M. Perhaps Cassie has left Hyatt or moved to another part of the company?

Does anybody have experience with Frances?
This is interesting; Cassie and I have traded positive emails just in the past few days. Wonder what happened here?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
This is interesting; Cassie and I have traded positive emails just in the past few days. Wonder what happened here?
Ah! Maybe her workload was too much, someone else joined the Concierge team and they reallocated some Globalists to other Concierges.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I was also notified that I have a new concierge (Marsha) - tried emailing her twice now, with no response. Even tried emailing my old concierge... crickets. I guess it's back to Twitter concierge for me - they have always been responsive.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
I was also assigned a new concierge (Christie E.) about a week and a half ago. I had emailed my old one (Joanna Z.) and got no response for several days, then received the email from my new concierge. She mentioned that they were in the middle of a major reassignment of concierges. So far she has been very responsive.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Just got a new concierge (Karen W.). Looks like she has better reviews than my previous one (Anne S.). I sent her a request, and let see how she follows up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.