Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus,
I qualify on dollars spent. Usually between $30 and $40K year at Hyatt. I find the concierge program to be a joke. I hear about some Globalists getting bottles of wine and arrival gifts from their concierge. All I ever received was a "no" whenever I asked for anything that was beyond changing a night of a reservation. Last year when traveling to Paris, I asked my concierge to let the hotel know that it was my wife's birthday. "Max" then told me that our reservation, (which he booked) was for only one person and that my 12 year old daughter would need to book another room. This was 8 days before departure. I then contacted Hyatt to change concierges, and (this is no joke) then I was assigned "Max's" mom. No really.

Then out of the blue, I received an email that I was assigned a new concierge....then another one.

Overall, as a program, it's a clown show.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
It took me a few months to be reassigned. And though I have a new concierge, the e-mails still come from the old concierge's address. If I call outside of my new concierge's hours, I get routed to the old concierge who I don't want to talk to.

Originally Posted by thehounder
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I now have a concierge in Japan which I requested after reading positive feedback here in the thread. Can't be worse than before.

The lady that was assigned to me previously worked at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thehounder
was assigned "Max's" mom. No really.

Then out of the blue, I received an email that I was assigned a new concierge....then another one.

Just a real horror show. Terrible.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

There are some good ones. Scan this thread for names and reach out to one of them directly. My new one is great....
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Just wanted to chime in. I have "Anne" and she is just useless.

I wish I have someone like "Valerie" up thread.

I asked Anne to book Vendome which showed no rooms available on points but when searching longer stays it did show up. No luck! she just said it cant be done. I ring up the hotel directly myself, and voila, booked!

Utter useless.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I reached out to the support team on Twitter and heard from my concierge a few days later. Her name is Karen from the midwestern(US). I haven't had any complex requests yet but will be reaching out for a TSU at Vendome soon(no availability showing online). I hope she's a "good one"
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by faboi0us
I reached out to the support team on Twitter and heard from my concierge a few days later. Her name is Karen from the midwestern(US). I haven't had any complex requests yet but will be reaching out for a TSU at Vendome soon(no availability showing online). I hope she's a "good one"
Be aware that the normal TSU at PH Vendome gets you a junior suite which is a slightly larger room with a very nice bathroom. Mine had a fake fireplace but the sitting area was very crammed in and wasn't a distance area of the room, although the room itself was pretty as a deluxe or premier room. The bathroom had windows toward the interior "courtyard" just as the bedroom did and included the dressing area/closet but the bathtub was elevated in a strange way. Don't expect a genuine suite. The size of the junior suite sounds reasonable, but much of the space is in the bathroom so that the bedroom doesn't seem very big, although of course it's somewhat large by Paris standards.
GK8 and faboi0us like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by faboi0us
I haven't had any complex requests yet but will be reaching out for a TSU at Vendome soon(no availability showing online). I hope she's a "good one"
FWIW, my concierge can never do anything not available online or through the Twitter team. Definitely couldn't apply a TSU or get any meaningful upgrades when none were available on Hyatt.com. Hope you have a better one!
faboi0us likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Originally Posted by KL808
Just wanted to chime in. I have "Anne" and she is just useless.

I asked Anne to book Vendome which showed no rooms available on points but when searching longer stays it did show up. No luck! she just said it cant be done. I ring up the hotel directly myself, and voila, booked!
Is this Anne S by any chance? Anne was my concierge from 2013-2017 and I agree, was useless. She gave me incorrect information about a Japan property when I asked if they had a lounge (I cross checked myself and figured out she was wrong, often had issues applying upgrades (would confirm, but then property would have no record). When searching for award availability for my honeymoon at a specific property Anne reached out once to the hotel and when she (literally) could not get through, terminated the search. On my own I continued to follow up with the hotel until there was availability and made all arrangements myself.

When planning a business trip to the Park Hyatt Chennai asking about diamond benefits, specifically around an airport transfer, Anne noted that this was not a complimentary amenity offered to Diamond members and sent back a price quote for the transfer rate. She sent a follow up note listing the diamond benefits at the property which included a note about a regency club at which time I realized the recent list was for the Hyatt Regency Chennai, not the Park Hyatt as I had specified. I am still unsure if my transfer would have been complimentary but do find it an unacceptable attention to detail that Regency information was sent to me when the Park Hyatt was specified.

I had emailed in 2015 requesting a new concierge but never received a response, and continued with Anne until I gave up on Gold Passport when it went belly up with all the changes in 2017 but yeah, she was the worst AND a holdover from the 'old days'
KL808 and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Globallist
I was DIAMOND for 7-8 years. Then lost Globalist at the start of 2018. I then became GLOBALIST October 2018, with about 70 stays to end the year. If I call the line would they tell me I have a concierge? Don't really need one, but was just curious, no email or update, that I was aware of.

THANKS
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by dionnec123
"Michelle" has been very responsive for me.
+1 for Michelle for me as well - usually back to me in under 2-3 hrs on each request I've made.

And can confirm she does TSUs - she's done a bunch for me

edit - oops, was reading thru the thread and realized I'd already responded
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
I was DIAMOND for 7-8 years. Then lost Globalist at the start of 2018. I then became GLOBALIST October 2018, with about 70 stays to end the year. If I call the line would they tell me I have a concierge? Don't really need one, but was just curious, no email or update, that I was aware of.

THANKS

As I posted up thread, you are better without one. I have found mine to create legitimate issues. For example, when I have an issue with a property, my concierge is now a bottleneck in getting a response. I have been told that when I raise an issue or complaint, the response will be routed to my concierge, which is a complete black hole, and there is no response.

I wish I could just not participate in this program whatsoever.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
As I posted up thread, you are better without one. I have found mine to create legitimate issues. For example, when I have an issue with a property, my concierge is now a bottleneck in getting a response. I have been told that when I raise an issue or complaint, the response will be routed to my concierge, which is a complete black hole, and there is no response.

I wish I could just not participate in this program whatsoever.
AWESOME! UGH, this Diamond/Globalist continues a slippery slide down.........at one point, few years ago, I could not say enough nice things about this program. sigh........
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
AWESOME! UGH, this Diamond/Globalist continues a slippery slide down.........at one point, few years ago, I could not say enough nice things about this program. sigh........
Can I ask what makes you say that? I mean... aren't the benefits generally the same? The concierge is just extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.