Globalist Concierge Advice

Old Jan 17, 19, 7:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shakim View Post
The concierge is just extra.
The concierge is not new or extra, just relabeled. In the GP days, Diamond members could request a "private line agent", who could assist with reservations, upgrades, special requests, and the like. The PLAs changed into "concierges" in the last year or so of GP and have remained so in WoH. The one difference is concierges are supposed to be automatically assigned to Globs today ... but one can read about how well that works.
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:17 pm

Programs: FORMER Hyatt Diamond Loyalist, now Globallist
Originally Posted by shakim View Post
Can I ask what makes you say that? I mean... aren't the benefits generally the same? The concierge is just extra.
Well, for ONE and probably my biggest no longer around. WELCOME AMENITY POINTS 70 stays would equal a BONUS of about 40k points, many one night stays.

2- Not a big deal, but losing 2 United passes yearly, was a nice little perk.

3- I do remember the "private line" for DIAMONDS, I guess I was reading it was auto assigned to GLOBALISTS. clearly not the case, but as stated above in previous posts, doesn't look like much value.

I probably have more for your question, 2-3, I'll think about, the first one, is big to me, it would usually make me less concerned with other hyatt GP shortcomings.

STILL the BEST, IMO, just losing perks slowly. slow bleed.
Old Jan 17, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by creativeguess1 View Post
Well, for ONE and probably my biggest no longer around. [color=#333333]WELCOME AMENITY POINTS 70 stays would equal a BONUS of about 40k points, many one night stays.

2- Not a big deal, but losing 2 United passes yearly, was a nice little perk.
The United passes won’t be eliminated until next year, and instead of 40,000 welcome-amenity points, you got a Cat 1-4 that’s worth up to 15,000 points, plus a Cat 1-7 worth up to 30,000 points, plus possibly a Brand Explorer award worth up to 15,000 points. I don’t see how that’s a loss, let alone a “sky is falling” type loss.
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
The United passes wonít be eliminated until next year, and instead of 40,000 welcome-amenity points, you got a Cat 1-4 thatís worth up to 15,000 points, plus a Cat 1-7 worth up to 30,000 points, plus possibly a Brand Explorer award worth up to 15,000 points. I donít see how thatís a loss, let alone a ďsky is fallingĒ type loss.
I think Globalist is an extraordinary valuable status. You literally save thousands of dollars per year, but it's in small amounts that you may not notice adding up.

I feel that the brand explorer is a little silly though. They should make it renewable or something. I am at 9. Once I get to 10 I'll have another night... and then what? Once in a lifetime benefits have little value.

Also I am not a fan of cat 1-4 certs. I prefer to stay at higher end properties, and I don't think it makes sense to discourage that. They should offer something like a choice between the certs and some points. Or let you use 2 cat 1-4 certs for a single night at a cat 5-7. As it is, I'm doing 2 nights at the GH Tokyo and 2 at the HR Tokyo in an upcoming trip, because I don't want to waste the certs. I would much prefer to spend all 4 nights at the GH (at a fairly high rate, FWIW), but I'm not just going to let the certs expire unused. Seems like the inflexibility is costing Hyatt some money here.
Old Jan 17, 19, 9:57 pm

Agreed. I'm going to the Park Hyatt Siem Reap, and I'm getting to burn several Cat 1-4s for it. I was thinking about trying to hit my $15K or next brand explorer before the trip so I could burn another.
Old Jan 18, 19, 4:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I think Globalist is an extraordinary valuable status. You literally save thousands of dollars per year, but it's in small amounts that you may not notice adding up.

I feel that the brand explorer is a little silly though. They should make it renewable or something. I am at 9. Once I get to 10 I'll have another night... and then what? Once in a lifetime benefits have little value.

Also I am not a fan of cat 1-4 certs. I prefer to stay at higher end properties, and I don't think it makes sense to discourage that. They should offer something like a choice between the certs and some points. Or let you use 2 cat 1-4 certs for a single night at a cat 5-7. As it is, I'm doing 2 nights at the GH Tokyo and 2 at the HR Tokyo in an upcoming trip, because I don't want to waste the certs. I would much prefer to spend all 4 nights at the GH (at a fairly high rate, FWIW), but I'm not just going to let the certs expire unused. Seems like the inflexibility is costing Hyatt some money here.
Definitely agree about the brand explorer. No incentive to venture out into new brands if you've done them all. Incredibly shortsighted to make it once in a lifetime. Also with you about Cat 1-4s becoming a single higher one. We're fortunate that a decent PH near us is a Cat 4.
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:41 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by faboi0us View Post
I reached out to the support team on Twitter and heard from my concierge a few days later. Her name is Karen from the midwestern(US). I haven't had any complex requests yet but will be reaching out for a TSU at Vendome soon(no availability showing online). I hope she's a "good one"
I've had her for a while. No complaints, but nothing standout either.
faboi0us likes this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
I've had her for a while. No complaints, but nothing standout either.
Me too. She's OK but nothing special like my departed Michelle was. She's pretty good about being reachable and returning messages, etc. but it helps that she works full time.
faboi0us likes this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 6:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
I used to have Cathy, she was terrible, I requested a new Concierge. Got Max who was great but left Hyatt. Was temporarily assigned Michelle who was quite good, now my permanent assignment is Cassie. Anybody has experience with her? So far so good as far as I am concerned.
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
...now my permanent assignment is Cassie. Anybody has experience with her? So far so good as far as I am concerned.
Mine is Cassie. I'm relatively new to Globalist status so don't have much to compare her to but has kindly assisted with everything I've requested (admittedly nothing out of the ordinary, I'd think).Turnaround time via email varies from a few hours to a couple of days (not including weekends). That's been fine for my non-emergent requests; I suppose if I had a more pressing need I'd just call her.

Long story short: thumbs up.
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:52 pm

Programs: FORMER Hyatt Diamond Loyalist, now Globallist
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
The United passes won’t be eliminated until next year, and instead of 40,000 welcome-amenity points, you got a Cat 1-4 that’s worth up to 15,000 points, plus a Cat 1-7 worth up to 30,000 points, plus possibly a Brand Explorer award worth up to 15,000 points. I don’t see how that’s a loss, let alone a “sky is falling” type loss.
yup, definitely not a "sky is falling" scenario, not sure where you got that. I just got back from CABO Hyatt Ziva, and that place for a GLOBALIST, has turned into a S** worthless Tier. I've been there 10 times since 2015. It was busy, and BOY did they want to let me know that it was BUSY. Also that hotel for point stays, they might as well treat you as if you have no tier.brand explorer"? oh boy. getting to 8 is pretty easy, getting to 10 takes some work, and it's max 2. I AM Globalist, for specific, so when I go to CABO, MAUI, Waikiki, Bahamas, etc.......it feels like I earned Globalist. That being said, I'm going to the dark side, Just got The Hilton Aspire, will deal with them for the next year, and see where my alliances land....................

I KNOW many will disagree with you on the "SKY IS FALLING" piece when it went from 25 stays to 60 nights from Diamond GP to current Globalist WOH, and less value in 2019.
Old Jan 22, 19, 4:13 pm

IMO United club passes are the most useless things imaginable. I had 4, used 1, was not impressed with the 3-day-old miniature pastries (croissants are not meant to be crunchy), and have been trying to give away the other 3. I've given away 1 so far. If I don't find a good home for the other 2 they'll be free on CC in a few months.

I can't believe people pay a $600/year for that crap. I will not miss this "benefit".
Visconti and 59Impala like this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro, World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriot "member"
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
IMO United club passes are the most useless things imaginable.
I have yet to find a way to use them at all. United clubs seem rather rare (and as a AA captive flyer, probably rarer for me especially - MSP is the only airport with a United Club, but not an AAdmirals club, that I have been to in at least the last three years). And how many Globalists don't have some sort of airport club access already?
Old Jan 23, 19, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK View Post
I have yet to find a way to use them at all. United clubs seem rather rare (and as a AA captive flyer, probably rarer for me especially - MSP is the only airport with a United Club, but not an AAdmirals club, that I have been to in at least the last three years). And how many Globalists don't have some sort of airport club access already?
I'd rather just give them away. The only couple of places where I'd potentially use them would be HKG or LAX. The former, what's the point, given the quality of the CX lounges, and, not to mention, the Centurion lounge; while, the latter is in T7(?), and I'm not even sure how to reach it. T6 & Int'l T is problem my limitation on how far I'm willing to explore.
Old Jan 23, 19, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
The United passes are good for layovers at ORD, which is arguably the worst airport in the U.S. for lounge access for people who aren’t in a premium cabin. That said, as I recall, single-visit passes often weren’t being accepted at ORD UAs as of a year ago.

Search this Thread