Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Sent a request to my concierge 24 hours ago to check on applying a suite upgrade and availability for a stay next year....crickets. No response and its now past the 24 hour SLA. I went to Twitter and did a DM with Hyatt Concierge and in 5 minutes got my booking. Seriously, ...? I'm happy Twitter is so responsive but does Hyatt realize that they are seriously dropping the ball on their expectations to Globalists? I think I know the answer...
This was for hotel reservation or simply applying a suite upgrade?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nas6034
This was for hotel reservation or simply applying a suite upgrade?
Both. I needed both to be confirmed so I could book my flight to align dates.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Connecting Rooms

Had a minorly frustrating Concierge experience.

TL;DR: Got incorrect info on connecting rooms/suites at a property, and missed out on the chance to use an expiring suite upgrade cert.

Most of our Hyatt award stays and points are used on connecting rooms for trips with our family, and I've found the most value in my concierge being able to let me know which rooms/categories are connecting at a specific property, and having them book confirmed connecting rooms.

A few months ago, I booked a stay at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver for this coming weekend. My concierge let me know that the only suites with connecting rooms at the hotel were a premium bi-level suite that (obviously) didn't qualify for a standard suite upgrade certificate. (At the time of our booking, basically, every category of room and suite the hotel had was bookable).

So, I had my concierge book us two connecting non-suite rooms for our stay.

Just today, I got a welcome email from a guest experience manager at the hotel, and I replied to let him know we'd be happy to use a suite upgrade certificate on our stay if they had any connecting suites available (thinking I was angling for an upgrade to a non-standard suite). He replied that while their standard suites connected to kings/doubles, they were now all fully booked for our upcoming stay.

Live and learn, in this case, learn that you can't trust your concierge to give you accurate info about connecting rooms at Hyatt properties.

Gonna be extra-frustrating when that suite upgrade certificate expires before I have a chance to use it.

Last edited by atourgates; Nov 17, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:07 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Recently got assigned a concierge but not provided with any direct contact details. Just a generic email of mycpacific at Hyatt. Also given the generic call centre number and told to ask for <concierge name>. Not really seeing the point waiting on hold on the generic number when the twitter team is so easy to deal with.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I’ve had great luck with Quita, she’s been great.

she was my concierge, then I lost her about 3 months ago. Assumed she moved on. That’s annoying she’s still there. I do miss her. Eerrrr
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
I was reassigned to Edward Quin this year and he has been amazing!!! The best one I have had.
UA-NYC and rdharia like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:28 am

What’s the normal response time for a concierge? Emailed mine two days ago and no response. Not a great way to start off with the first request I try (simple suite upgrade question).

Twitter team took care of it in a few minutes.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by olouie
What’s the normal response time for a concierge? Emailed mine two days ago and no response. Not a great way to start off with the first request I try (simple suite upgrade question).
In my experience, within a few hours, or 8 or 10, at the latest?

However, you may have emailed your concierge on his/her off days. Initially, I think I placed my concierge on block, and just really didn't see a need for the "personalized" service. But, over the years--about 5 or 6--I think we've finally developed a rapport, and now I actually value our relationship.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
In my experience, within a few hours, or 8 or 10, at the latest?

However, you may have emailed your concierge on his/her off days. Initially, I think I placed my concierge on block, and just really didn't see a need for the "personalized" service. But, over the years--about 5 or 6--I think we've finally developed a rapport, and now I actually value our relationship.
Thanks, is the expectation that I follow up or should they reply when they return?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thanks, is the expectation that I follow up or should they reply when they return?
This is another perfect example of the inconsistent value associated with the Hyatt concierge service. You can make a quick DM on Twitter to the HyattConcierge and get a response almost immediately. But when you contact your designated concierge the wait time is often 24 hours or longer. I'm just not sure why the Globalist concierge service even exists any more when the Twitter service performs better and is very consistent in their response times.
js1993 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My concierge has always replied when she's back in the office, or designated a colleague to respond if she's away for an extended period. YMMV, however. Their email signatures usually have their working hours/days; if yours doesn't, can't hurt to ask and in the future try to email them during those hours.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
she was my concierge, then I lost her about 3 months ago. Assumed she moved on. That’s annoying she’s still there. I do miss her. Eerrrr
You replied to a three-year-old comment. Quita was promoted at Hyatt.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
This is another perfect example of the inconsistent value associated with the Hyatt concierge service. You can make a quick DM on Twitter to the HyattConcierge and get a response almost immediately. But when you contact your designated concierge the wait time is often 24 hours or longer. I'm just not sure why the Globalist concierge service even exists any more when the Twitter service performs better and is very consistent in their response times.
Agreed. I'd much rather have a central contact team/system that doesn't involve the use of Twitter, which is probably the worst site on the internet.
Visconti likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:12 pm

Ah, I'd probably try to get him/her on the phone. And, if I get a voicemail, I'd probably leave a message saying something along the lines of perhaps he/she hadn't received my email, and then repeating my request. While I appreciate that everyone has different preferences, I still prefer the telephone over email.

Generally, if I don't get a reply within 24 hours, I'm going to call and get whomever I need to on the phone to handle my request.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Visconti
Ah, I'd probably try to get him/her on the phone. And, if I get a voicemail, I'd probably leave a message saying something along the lines of perhaps he/she hadn't received my email, and then repeating my request. While I appreciate that everyone has different preferences, I still prefer the telephone over email.

Generally, if I don't get a reply within 24 hours, I'm going to call and get whomever I need to on the phone to handle my request.
Agree, and I refuse to use Twitter.
Visconti and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.