Globalist Concierge Advice

Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I was Globalist last year through a promotion, and hit 60 nights in the last couple days of December. My concierge reached out on January 2nd and has already proved to be very useful.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by callmedtop
My concierge reached out on January 2nd and has already proved to be very useful.
What did they do for you?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:05 pm

Interesting, I never got a generic email address, mine is ([email protected]). Sounds like that would have been better.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:11 pm

My concierge told me that guest of honors are not eligible for suite upgrades at check in, and that it was only for globalists. I knew this wasn't true, and didn't want to waste time explaining to them their own policy. That was the last time I ever called my concierge. not sure if I can request for a new concierge member.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:50 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shadowlines
My concierge told me that guest of honors are not eligible for suite upgrades at check in, and that it was only for globalists. I knew this wasn't true, and didn't want to waste time explaining to them their own policy. That was the last time I ever called my concierge. not sure if I can request for a new concierge member.
I still see no value in the concierge. I routinely get amazing support from Twitter team, no matter the agent. Twitter goes above and beyond every time, so no reason to deal with the nonsense of the concierge team. I really wish we could have someone from twitter be my concierge....

We can dream!!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
I still see no value in the concierge. I routinely get amazing support from Twitter team, no matter the agent. Twitter goes above and beyond every time, so no reason to deal with the nonsense of the concierge team. I really wish we could have someone from twitter be my concierge....

We can dream!!
They are useful because you can fire off a request to them, and they usually take care of it (may be a few days).
Can you just DM the Twitter team and ask them to apply a suite upgrade, and not have to "stay on the line" (or whatever they call it)?
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by s0ssos
They are useful because you can fire off a request to them, and they usually take care of it (may be a few days).
Can you just DM the Twitter team and ask them to apply a suite upgrade, and not have to "stay on the line" (or whatever they call it)?
Yes you can and the Twitter team will likely get to it much faster than your concierge.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or you can call the concierge and be done in 5 minutes.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hydro88
The Concierge "perk" is utterly worthless anyway.
Wrong.

Mine is great. Takes care of everything I ask in minutes. Automatically registers me for all promos. Etc.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:14 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
How do you find the concierge address for your region?
It was the same address I used when I previously had a concierge. Unfortunately, I'm not in the same region as you.

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Interesting, I never got a generic email address, mine is ([email protected]). Sounds like that would have been better.
I have the direct address as well, but my concierge seems to prefer the generic one. I suppose it helps whenever the assigned concierge is away and someone else can assist. In any case the response time is excellent.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:56 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

It really depends on what the task is and the concierge likes to do.

I had a reservation that I wanted to cancel with certain limitations. The concierge was not willing to bend the rules. So I got it done over the phone with WoH supervisor.

I also had a reservation cancelled on me. I sent emails to the concierge and asked her to rebook it. No response over two days. So I had to call Hyatt customer care support and they booked me an alternate reservation.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Mine takes days to get any response.
I just started using twitter, much faster and usually done within 30min.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by VoiD
Mine takes days to get any response.
I just started using twitter, much faster and usually done within 30min.
Anybody have any experience with Cassandra B. (Cassie)? I made my first and only request to book a reservation at Andaz Maui for less than 10 nights and she just responded "I wasn't able to do it". I even explained the whole process to her about booking 10 and then reducing to X, etc. I explained how the standard rooms are available etc. I was more frustrated with the single line answer and no explanation or suggestion, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Twitter typically turns around suite upgrades within 20-30 minutes. Definitely not days. And its like a text message conversation in real time, not waiting forever for reply to email.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Twitter typically turns around suite upgrades within 20-30 minutes. Definitely not days. And its like a text message conversation in real time, not waiting forever for reply to email.
For someone who does not use Twitter at all, can you explain how to contact them on Twitter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.