Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Seriously, what is the deal with HP elevators?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seriously, what is the deal with HP elevators?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:21 am

Not just Hyatt Place. The ones at Marriotts’ Springhill and Residence Inn are super slow as well. You know it’s slow when you can hear the elevator slowly clicking and the motor running from 2 floors away, of a 3 story build. And then there is the “ka-thump” when it reaches a floor.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpy
I stayed at a HP in NYC and they upgraded me to the 21st floor which turned out to be terrible luck as the next day I waited 10 minutes for the elevator before finally taking the stairs with my luggage. When I finally got to the ground floor I discovered that the elevators were not only slow but completely out of service. On check out, the front desk agent just smiled and told me they just wanted to make sure we were all safe so they were doing elevator maintenance. On both elevators. At prime check out time.
This happened to me at Herald Square. One elevator taken offline for the entire day.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Try the stairs, great exercise.
Well, that isn't an option for everybody, but while we are on the subject, I pretty much always use the stairs at HPs (the few times a year I stay in one), partly because I feel ridiculous waiting 5 minutes for an elevator to take me a few floors.

And, a frustration just to throw out there is the lack of stairwell access at many GHs and HRs between lobbies and floors with rooms (i.e. the stairwell doors will lock behind you, and only exit out the trash room or some other emergency exit only route). I hate staying on the third or fourth floor of a building where I have to wait for elevators that arrive already full.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Thanks to lighthouse for the lesson on elevators. Of the 58 items I batch about in hotels, never thought of adding slow elevators to the list. In HPs, stairs are default method of getting to floor 5 or 6 when no luggage involved. Avoiding people in elevators is a top priority. Annoys everyone except me.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:50 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by Aventine
This happened to me at Herald Square. One elevator taken offline for the entire day.
That's the one!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.